Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 04:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The convention where everyone was allowed their say? Where no one walked out? Where no one protested by placing tape over their mouths or had their signs taken from them?
Where a guy danced naked on the stage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 04:37 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
The Donald is concerned that the debate will devolve into a Johnson-measuring contest. In light of his hand size, we must assume that The Donald will come in last in that contest, losing even to Hillary.

Mick

Old 08-05-2016, 05:06 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
sorry, I lived in NM when he was governor, he is a little strange but no way is he an idiot. He was a good and popular governor. Just because he is a Libertarian doesn't make him an idiot. I think there are many of us who lean Libertarian, we just choose to register R or D. BTW; no I do not agree with all his views or values, but I certainly would prefer him to Hillary or Jill
It's good to hear that he was a good governor. I agree I would prefer him over Hillary or Jill. I'm torn with this whole election this time around.
The only thing that I am struggling with is that he wants to cut military. I want to know where he is wanting to cut and how. Don't get me wrong, I do know there is crazy stupid spending. If I found that out and I was ok with it...he would get my vote. He seems to be the person between Hillary and Trump.

Quote:
Johnson does not have the reputation as a liar. Quite the opposite. He can be truthful to a fault.

I'll relay this story again. I saw him at the WV (L) Convention. He was asked about his statements concerning smoking pot. The gist of the question went......"You have admitted to smoking pot. I don't know when this was but since you have admitted to breaking laws how can I trust you to uphold other laws".

He said something along the lines of "well, that would be about two weeks ago............"

Very few would be that honest.
haha! Sounds like they asked they responded. However it is legal in a few states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Correct, and if you all desire to see what the people of New Mexico thought of him a their governor you can read some of their comment here: https://np.reddit.com/r/NewMexico/co...n_as_governor/
Thanks for the link. I'll read through it in my down time.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:47 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,337,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Why are we even talking about these third party candidates. They should of run on the DNC Ticket when they had the chance.

A little too late and even if they put on the ballet it would not go far.
Because for the first time in modern US history, both major party candidates have well over 50% unfavorables among voters. There are millions of people looking for another choice.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:52 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yes, even he was alllowed to speak his mind.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:02 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Just like the establishment Trump rails against he joins them by wanting to shut out Johnson from the debates. Not for one minute have I ever thought that Trump was anti establishment. Look at his pick for VP Pence since when did he become anti establishment? We heard Trump in the debates brag of how many politicians he has giving money too, yep he has played the game right along with them. And now wants to shut out Johnson/Weld, how much proof do his supporters need that Trump is taking them for a ride?

Old 08-05-2016, 06:39 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Yes, even he was alllowed to speak his mind.
And so were the protestors at the DNC - the thing they weren't allowed to do was nominate their candidate, since he had lost the primary. But some of his supporters remained unaware of that fact and showed up at the convention thinking that he could actually receive the nomination and were having a tough time adjusting to the reality that it was in fact decided by the voters before they got there. But the vast majority of them have now accepted that fact and moved on, and as urged by Bernie, are rallying around the Democratic nominee.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:42 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Why would she? He is a terrible debater. It only benefits Trump to have more people on the stage.
Exactly!

Old 08-05-2016, 06:47 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
he might be a horrible debater, but can she stop lying for 10 minutes?
Lyin' Donald: 101 Of Trump's Greatest Lies | Daily Wire

Old 08-05-2016, 07:56 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
While I support Johnson, the Libertarian Party obviously has some issues to work out. Lol

But they have come a long ways since their inception. I do think they will become more and more influential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections