U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 06:04 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,254,620 times

Advertisements

She is not worthy !

She would make a disgrace out of the first ladys who have been there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 07:59 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,921,438 times
Default Michelle Obama clarifies `proud' remark

"
Quote:
What I was clearly talking about was that I'm proud in how Americans are engaging in the political process," she said.
"For the first time in my lifetime, I'm seeing people rolling up their sleeves in a way that I haven't seen and really trying to figure this out — and that's the source of pride that I was talking about," she added.
When asked if she had always been proud of her country, she replied "absolutely" and said she and her husband would not be where they are now if not for the opportunities of America.
Michelle Obama clarifies `proud' remark - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Sorry if this was posted already.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:07 PM

775 posts, read 443,576 times
I watched a clip on TV. She did well. It's behind her now. If anyone keeps on about it, they will look foolish.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:01 PM

462 posts, read 730,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
You're right. If she had only said something more eloquent, yet making the same point, maybe Obama would have trounced Hillary in Wisonsin by 20 or more points, instead of the paltry and very close 13 point lead that he received. She should be ashamed.

It's funny how people are reaching to hate this guy. I'm personally voted for Barack Obama not Michelle Obama. I really hope people don't actually base their vote on the sayings and personality of a candidate's wife. Because if they do that in my opinion is pretty sad. The election is about who you think has the best policies, not who has the better wife.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:03 PM

5,398 posts, read 6,874,893 times
It was a dopey thing to say, just as we all say (or type) dopey things from time to time. I don't think it will effect the election.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:18 PM

462 posts, read 730,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
She is not worthy !

She would make a disgrace out of the first ladys who have been there.

Really!!!! Since your such an expert on Michelle Obama why don't you tell me specific reasons why she would be a disgrace. I can't wait to hear this.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:43 PM

715 posts, read 1,948,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
It was a dopey thing to say, just as we all say (or type) dopey things from time to time. I don't think it will effect the election.
Everybody does say dopey and poorly misworded things. It probably won't effect the general election at all other than to solidy a few voters for McCain who were leaning that direction anyway. But the big difference is that we all aren't running for president or a spouse to a presidential candidate. We all also aren't lawyers nor did we graduate from Ivy League schools which she did. This is the political age of picking things apart and she should have known better than to saw what she did. In the grand scheme of things, she was probably trying to send a message that inner-city minority voters could relate to. She also said something similar not long ago, and I'm not using the exact quote about her husband, as a black man, could be shot down pumping gas. If she wants to relate to inner-city minorities there are better ways than to say you've never before been proud of your country in your adult life until your husband is on the brink of the Democratic nomination. The Obamas have lived a very priveleged life and there is no reason to even attempt such dramatic, exaggerated statements. There's no need to throw the baby out with the bath water and risk losing the support of many vets and others who have made great sacrifices for their country.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:27 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,500,249 times
Good for her. I support her wholeheartedly.

This magnificent woman must watch what she says because the spin doctors are working overtime.

She will ALWAYS prevail though because she, like her husband, represent the utmost of character, integrity, dignity, and class.

Obama '08

Old 02-20-2008, 10:35 PM

8,062 posts, read 16,185,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
"

Michelle Obama clarifies `proud' remark - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Sorry if this was posted already.
How old is she? I remember the desegregation of the schools in the North, the United Farm Workers boycotts and other civil rights actions that were "people-led." I'm 43 and I believe they're older than I am. She should just keep quiet and let it blow over.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:50 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,254,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
Really!!!! Since your such an expert on Michelle Obama why don't you tell me specific reasons why she would be a disgrace. I can't wait to hear this.
Maybe you can tell us why she wouldn't be such an embarrasment.

Hopefully we wont get a chance to see her in action.

There have been some great first ladies in my lifetime and she couldnt begin to be the class act they were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or