U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:55 PM

462 posts, read 730,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Maybe you can tell us why she wouldn't be such an embarrasment.

Hopefully we wont get a chance to see her in action.

There have been some great first ladies in my lifetime and she couldnt begin to be the class act they were.

Well first off she would be the first African American first lady.
she has graduated from Princeton and Harvard. She is invloved in both her kids lives. she goes to school potlucks and to soccer games, so no matter how busy her and Barack are she makes time for her kids activities. She was the founding executive director of the chicago office of public affairs. She was a dean of students at the university of chicago and she has worked on the board at a hospital were she helped poor people. so basically she has used her Harvard law degree to help other people in the community. So you better get used to hearing her name as the first lady, because with the latest John McCaine scoundel it's looking pretty good for Obama. I'm just sorry you have so much pinned up hatred toward democrats, it's actually borderline pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 04:36 AM

5,080 posts, read 8,008,985 times
Default Just as I thought & Explained

Michelle Obama explained what she meant when she Said "This is the First Time in my Adult Life I have been Proud of America" or something like that.

She was Proud of the turn out, people embracing the election process, rolling up their sleeves and getting active.

So maybe now you all can let it go. Thank You.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:43 AM

3,161 posts, read 3,817,810 times
explanations written by one's staff is less believable than a statement made from the heart...
she said exactly what she felt. you let go.

enjoy the kool-aid.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:48 AM

Uhm.. Kool Aid? Maybe you like Kool Aid, I am a Green Tea Drinker, you should try it. Unless thats your way of telling me to go kill my self because of the many poisoned kool aid cultist happenings in our past? Or maybe your meaning it as an insult saying I am a kid.. either way, maybe an admin will help you to the door. If So.. have a great day.

I am not of her staff.. and I understood what she meant from the time she said it.. seems some of you out there need things explained to you. So she did. Now you can stop being confused.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:10 AM

7,139 posts, read 13,159,390 times
Obama's allegiance to this country is sketchy enough, he certainly doesn't need her out front with the untimely comments. He just needs to keep her in the background with some duct tape handy. Or he may not need any outside forces to ruin his chances. What a liability to have to deal with!

As much as I dislike El Jorge, I do think Laura Bush has made an admirable First Lady. She knows when to keep her mouth shut.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:17 AM

Yes, good advice. Keep her quiet!!

Old 02-21-2008, 05:19 AM

1,491 posts, read 2,025,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Obama's allegiance to this country is sketchy enough, he certainly doesn't need her out front with the untimely comments. He just needs to keep her in the background with some duct tape handy. Or he may not need any outside forces to ruin his chances. What a liability to have to deal with!

As much as I dislike El Jorge, I do think Laura Bush has made an admirable First Lady. She knows when to keep her mouth shut.
Keep 'em barefoot and in the kitchen! (No, I do think Laura Bush is a nice lady, just your comment struck me wrong)

Michelle is such an asset. I knew immediately what she was saying within the framework of her comments. Some of you disagree...that is your choice.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:36 AM

Ah you stepped on my thread.. As I had posted about this already. dang it.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:49 AM

Actually, have said that about Slick Willie as well. He is a liability in some ways for Hillary. I see now that he has stepped into the background for the most part. Doubt he will be pregnant any time soon, but perhaps he is in the kitchen baking those famous cookies of hers!

Old 02-21-2008, 05:52 AM

1,491 posts, read 2,025,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Actually, have said that about Slick Willie as well. He is a liability in some ways for Hillary. I see now that he has stepped into the background for the most part. Doubt he will be pregnant any time soon, but perhaps he is in the kitchen baking those famous cookies of hers!
Hehehe...the cookie comment was the first time I started to disrespect Hillary Clinton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or