Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 11:39 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder View Post
This is an excellent example of how desperate Her Majesty, Queen Hitlery Clinton is getting. There truly isn't aall that earthshattering about this who "scandal". It was an absolutely fine statement that was worded slightly wrong. And it's being picked appart to try to make something out of nothing.

"Oh my, it's a Freudian slip, Mrs. Obama secretly hates America!! Oh no!!"

The worst part is, this is picking appart statements made by the wife of the aspiring president. This does not necessarily mean anything at all about Barrack Obama.

For the other "scandal" that Hitlery's campaign has invented -- plagurism. Here's the interesting part of that:

1.) John F Kennedy did not originate the, "Ask not what your country can do for you ..." line. He lifted it from an annonymous author from the UK, which was made in reference to Prime Minister Chamberlain. It was requoted several times. Kennedy is only credited with the statement because he is the most famous person to have used it. He also gave no other person credit for the quote.

2.) "We have nothing to fear but fear itself" I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure Roosevelt was not the originator of that line either. He also did not credit whomever he borrowed the line from.

3.) The "I have a dream" speech of Martin Luther King Jr was heavily borrowed from other sources as well.

There are countless examples of this. The Hitlery Clinton Campaign trying to make "plagurism" out of this is ridiculous.

So once again, Clinton and her supporters choose to make something out of nothing. They're that desperate.
Hitlery? Flame much? Please stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 04:51 PM

775 posts, read 578,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Obama's allegiance to this country is sketchy enough, he certainly doesn't need her out front with the untimely comments. He just needs to keep her in the background with some duct tape handy. Or he may not need any outside forces to ruin his chances. What a liability to have to deal with!

As much as I dislike El Jorge, I do think Laura Bush has made an admirable First Lady. She knows when to keep her mouth shut.
Why George wouldn't have it any other way!

Old 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM

493 posts, read 717,361 times
She said this is the first time in her adult life that she is "really" proud. It's important to get the "word for word" right first of all!

Yes this country is a wonderful country to be proud of, when you take away the many years of slavery, jim crow, lynching, hanging, lack of womens rights, etc... You take all of those bad things out of the equation of what has helped to build this great nation and that makes it euphoria right? Sad thing is that we have had that nasty history in this country, so to sit and act like it never existed is being delusional or in some capsulated fantasy world of your own making!

We are at a point where there is evidence of something beautiful, real unifying change, this is what she is "really" proud of, and I agree with her.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:51 PM

71 posts, read 209,326 times
Default You may want to rethink that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
She is not worthy !

She would make a disgrace out of the first ladys who have been there.
Really?? Would she be more of a disgrace than ex-dope head mistress turned Botox trophy wife Cindy Mc Cain?

Old 02-25-2008, 12:26 AM

6 posts, read 8,548 times
I am proud of my country has accomplished since our birth, but the last few years, I myself am not "really" proud of my country, but, I hope we can once again make this country great, by getting rid of the riff-raff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections