U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:40 AM

35,037 posts, read 19,156,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
How embarrising for this guy and how foolish of the Obama campaign! Do they not insist that their national spokespeople have at least a rudimentary understanding of Obama's accomplishments?

Good for Chris Matthews! It's about time they start scrutinizing him. At least one person is having "buyers remorse".
Chris Matthews Humiliates State Senator Kirk Watson On MSNBC - Media on The Huffington Post

I can name a few:

- Voted AGAINST a cap on credit card interest rates
- Voted FOR Dick Cheney's Energy Policy
- Continually voted FOR continuing to fund the Iraq war after he said he wouldn't.

Here's a list of his votes. More specifically, a record of the HIGH instances of NOT VOTING. By this list, he FAILED TO VOTE 136 times.
Project Vote Smart - Senator Barack H. Obama Jr. - Voting Record

Doesn't Obama's health plan MANDATE coverage for Children? Why then did he NOT VOTE to re-authorize CHIP????
Project Vote Smart - Senator Barack Obama on HR 976 - State ChildrenÂ’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Reauthorization

A Texas state senator is hardly a "national spokesman."

But then your mischaracterization of everything and anything Obama has been very consistent.

You're just not a happy individual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 08:45 AM

10,864 posts, read 11,903,217 times
Smells like campaign season is in full swing.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:47 AM
BVH BVH started this thread

944 posts, read 465,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
But then your mischaracterization of everything and anything Obama has been very consistent.

You're just not a happy individual.
Does the Obama Kool-Aid come in a variety of flavors? Most likely not, since you obviously have difficulty with decision making.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Does the Obama Kool-Aid come in a variety of flavors? Most likely not, since you obviously have difficulty with decision making.
You're confused. Kool-aid is a rightwing specialty. Jonestown, remember?

Old 02-20-2008, 09:05 AM
BVH BVH started this thread

944 posts, read 465,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You're confused. Kool-aid is a rightwing specialty. Jonestown, remember?
Nope, I'm not confused at all. It is my intention to compare the two mindless cults.

Obama mania is a dangerous messianic religious movement. Perhaps it is too late to stop it, perhaps not.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Nope, I'm not confused at all. It is my intention to compare the two mindless cults.

Obama mania is a dangerous messianic religious movement. Perhaps it is too late to stop it, perhaps not.
You sound like a potential McCain voter. An unhappy one.

But, by all means, give me your comparison between the cults of Barack Obama and Jim Jones.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:15 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,135,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post

Quote:
How many bills did Bush write? Vote on? None
How many bills did Clinton write? Vote on? None

Both George Bush and Bill Clinton were Governors before being elected President. Like Presidents, State Governors neither write nor vote on bills before they reach their office for approval or veto. Dubya's bill signing statement prevailed because no one in Congress took the lead to challenge his signing statements as that would evoke an automatic veto by Bush.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:25 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,036,019 times
My gosh. This Obama guy is horrible!! He's an empty suit; has done virtually nothing while in elective office; can't speak in public without a cue card; can't handle constructive criticism; does business with slum lords; and can't control is radical, militant wife.

Anybody who can fog a mirror ought to be able to beat this guy in an election.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:27 PM

413 posts, read 833,541 times
Quote:
How embarrising for this guy and how foolish of the Obama campaign! Do they not insist that their national spokespeople have at least a rudimentary understanding of Obama's accomplishments?

Good for Chris Matthews! It's about time they start scrutinizing him. At least one person is having "buyers remorse".
Chris Matthews Humiliates State Senator Kirk Watson On MSNBC - Media on The Huffington Post

I can name a few:

- Voted AGAINST a cap on credit card interest rates
- Voted FOR Dick Cheney's Energy Policy
- Continually voted FOR continuing to fund the Iraq war after he said he wouldn't.

Here's a list of his votes. More specifically, a record of the HIGH instances of NOT VOTING. By this list, he FAILED TO VOTE 136 times.
Project Vote Smart - Senator Barack H. Obama Jr. - Voting Record

Doesn't Obama's health plan MANDATE coverage for Children? Why then did he NOT VOTE to re-authorize CHIP????
Project Vote Smart - Senator Barack Obama on HR 976 - State ChildrenÂ’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Reauthorization
I actually watched that live last night, and I thought, "Man, that's a smackdown. How embarrassing for that senator!"

Fact is, the black female senator who was the other guest, representing Hillary, couldn't actually name any of Hillary's sponsored legislation, either.

Too much ignorance among voters really is a boon to the perception of effective democracy, isn't it?

Old 02-20-2008, 12:33 PM

413 posts, read 833,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
My gosh. This Obama guy is horrible!! He's an empty suit; has done virtually nothing while in elective office; can't speak in public without a cue card; can't handle constructive criticism; does business with slum lords; and can't control is radical, militant wife.

Anybody who can fog a mirror ought to be able to beat this guy in an election.
Seriously, I'm not usually one to get nasty, but you're just being dumb here.

"[R]adical, militant wife"? What makes you call her that? And are you really the kind of mysogynist who believes a man should control his wife?

"[H]as done virtually nothing while in elective (sic) office"? Try reading this, and that doesn't even get into his state senate accomplishments. Hillary has done about the same amount. McCain's the only current candidate with much in the way of legislative accomplishments, and even then, things like the McCain-Feingold bills have fallen pretty flatly.

"[C]an't speak in public without a cue card"? What makes you say this? Show me any instance where he's used a cue card for the rousing speeches.

"[D]oes business with slum lords"? You mean this one?

http://www.gambling911.com/Tony-Rezko-Hillary-Clinton.jpg (broken link)

Like I said, you're being really dumb and nasty here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or