Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:57 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Hmmm. Why do the most conservative Republicans come to Hillary's aid now in her time of need? I wonder...
Um... Where exactly do you see Republicans coming to Hillary's aid? If your accusing Murdock of coming to her aid, then you mis-understand the concept of owning news channels and reporting the news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 07:58 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
r.

Personally, I think Hillary has the skills and toughness to be President and probably do a pretty good job, but the downside to her being the Democratic candidate is that NO ONE fires up the Right-Wingers like a Clinton. The hatred they have for them is beyond rationality - and in a year when the GOP is reeling because of the poor performance of both their recently expelled Congress and the current President, the GOP needs all the help they can get to fire up their base and get them out to vote.
I think you are right about this -- but I think that Obama has the potential to be the Democrat version of George W. Bush or Jimmy Carter. Don't forget, after Carter, it took us a long time to win the White House back.

The economy is going to seriously crack up next year and I don't think Obama has the "skillz" or the advisors to handle it well. The more I read about him, the less impressed I get. To think! Last year I thought I was going to vote for him! Now I know that I can't. He's a great speaker but under the veneer, you find chipboard.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:01 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,523,791 times
Quote:
The economy is going to seriously crack up next year and I don't think Obama has the "skillz" or the advisors to handle it well. The more I read about him, the less impressed I get. To think! Last year I thought I was going to vote for him! Now I know that I can't. He's a great speaker but under the veneer, you find chipboard.
What skills are needed to "handle" crack up of the economy? Frankly, Hillary Clinton has shown no skills to manage anything, much less handle a cracked up economy.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:02 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,792,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
You know what? Use Google and look up words like "Obama" and "copycat" or "stealing" or any of a number of other similar words and you'll find that Obama doesn't seem to have many original thoughts and has been accused numerous times by people other than Hillary of stealing ideas and "just words." There is a lot of stuff that flew around mid-year last year from the Edwards' camp plus there is a lot of other stuff.

Hey! Feel free to defend him but these charges are not kewl.

And, by the way, I'm a registered Democrat and have been for over 30 years. I don't support FRAUD in either party -- which is why I didn't vote for George Bush either!!
I hate to criticize your, uh, research methods there, but you can find a lot of crap on the Internets especially when you make such a slanted attempt. Typing in "Hillary" and "Hitler," for example, yields 492,000 results. Does that make Hillary similar to Hitler?

The existence of lots of "stuff" on the Internets doesn't make a very persuasive argument.

Back to the question. Why does Murdoch support Hillary? Do you think its on policy agreements? Similar "values?"

Old 02-20-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Back to the question. Why does Murdoch support Hillary? Do you think its on policy agreements? Similar "values?"
Where in gods name do you get the fact that Murdoch supports Hillary? The fact that they did an anti Obama news story?

Old 02-20-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um... Where exactly do you see Republicans coming to Hillary's aid? If your accusing Murdock of coming to her aid, then you mis-understand the concept of owning news channels and reporting the news.
I posted a few here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...t-hillary.html

Maybe you can enlighten me on how the "concept" of owning a news agency relates to donating to a particular political campaign?

Old 02-20-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Where in gods name do you get the fact that Murdoch supports Hillary? The fact that they did an anti Obama news story?
Here's one place:
Rupert Murdoch Loves Hillary Clinton, Conservative Media Mogul To Host Fundraiser For Liberal N.Y. Senator - CBS News

Old 02-20-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
I posted a few here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...t-hillary.html

Maybe you can enlighten me on how the "concept" of owning a news agency relates to donating to a particular political campaign?
First, I checked the authors of those stories, they do not credit "Murdoch".

Second, You found 4 news stories that were not "anti Clinton" and automatically assume that means support? Must be nice to completely ignore the millions of other stories that show otherwise.

As for enlightening you on the concent of owning a news agency relates to donating, sorry but I have no need to. I'm not the one accusing Murdoch of supporting Hillary, you are.. Perhapse you could explain how 4 stories, which does not even compliment Hillary or toute her "experience" are Pro Clinton stories because the math does not add up.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:13 AM

Wow, thats really a current news story. May 2006.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:19 AM

He also gave her $2,300, the most allowed under the law, six months ago. He gave nothing to Obama. Do you think anyone knew in 2006 that Hillary planned to run for President? A few people thought it was a possibility.

Rupert Murdoch bucks New York Post, donates to Hillary Clinton

"Murdoch's love of Clinton is shared by his son and heir apparent, James, who ponied up $2,300 for Clinton's primary run and another $1,150 for the general election."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections