U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:22 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,371,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
He also gave her $2,300, the most allowed under the law, six months ago. He gave nothing to Obama. Do you think anyone knew in 2006 that Hillary planned to run for President? A few people thought it was a possibility.

Rupert Murdoch bucks New York Post, donates to Hillary Clinton

"Murdoch's love of Clinton is shared by his son and heir apparent, James, who ponied up $2,300 for Clinton's primary run and another $1,150 for the general election."
I knew Hillary was running in 2000 for president. It doesnt take brain a surgean to undertand the whole concept of needing to move to "NY" to win an election to "gain experience".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 08:25 AM

17,700 posts, read 35,564,770 times
Quote:
He also gave her $2,300, the most allowed under the law, six months ago. He gave nothing to Obama. Do you think anyone knew in 2006 that Hillary planned to run for President? A few people thought it was a possibility.

Rupert Murdoch bucks New York Post, donates to Hillary Clinton

"Murdoch's love of Clinton is shared by his son and heir apparent, James, who ponied up $2,300 for Clinton's primary run and another $1,150 for the general election."
Ahhh (she says stroking her chin), 2006, when Mrs. Obama wasn't REALLY proud.

<flame shield on>

Murdoch gave her the cash last June ... in this campaign, that's like giving her money a century ago. Oh that NY Daily News ... they are so on top of things!

Old 02-20-2008, 08:27 AM

5,233 posts, read 7,721,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I knew Hillary was running in 2000 for president. It doesnt take brain a surgean to undertand the whole concept of needing to move to "NY" to win an election to "gain experience".
Quite the epiphany there. Yes, few would have guessed in 2000 that Hillary was planning on running for President.

Back to the question. Why does Murdoch support Hillary?

Old 02-20-2008, 08:28 AM

19,868 posts, read 22,731,855 times
In the case of Rupert Murdoch - I'm not sure that supporting Hillary has any political motivation at all - rather I think the motivation is financial. Let's face it, Murdoch is a savy businessman - that's why he started Fox News. He realized that the TV News generally leaned a bit to the Left (when it leaned at all) and that those on the Right were starved for a network that would reflect THEIR views and that if given such a network, would provide it with very high ratings.

He was clearly correct in that - and Bill Clinton in the White House earned Murdoch millions of viewers and consequently millions of dollars in revenue since those Clinton detractors turned to Fox News in enormous numbers.

So, what do YOU think another Clinton in the White House is going to do for Fox's ratings?

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Ken

Old 02-20-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post

Murdoch gave her the cash last June ... in this campaign, that's like giving her money a century ago.
He's legally prohibited from donating again until after the convention.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
In the case of Rupert Murdoch - I'm not sure that supporting Hillary has any political motivation at all - rather I think the motivation is financial. Let's face it, Murdoch is a savy businessman - that's why he started Fox News. He realized that the TV News generally leaned a bit to the Left (when it leaned at all) and that those on the Right were starved for a network that would reflect THEIR views and that if given such a network, would provide it with very high ratings.

He was clearly correct in that - and Bill Clinton in the White House earned Murdoch millions of viewers and consequently millions of dollars in revenue since those Clinton detractors turned to Fox News in enormous numbers.

So, what do YOU think another Clinton in the White House is going to do for Fox's ratings?

Ken
Good Point. I think rush Limbaugh was banking on that as well. I'm sure Obama will give him enough to talk about, though.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:33 AM

9,715 posts, read 13,292,752 times
Quote:
Why does Murdoch support Hillary? Do you think its on policy agreements? Similar "values?"
I don't know enough about Murdoch to even make a guess. What would your answer be?

Why are Mary Matalin and James Carville married? Want to venture a guess on that one? How about Al Neuharth and ex-wife Republican Lori Wilson?

35,079 posts, read 19,184,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

Does he have someone he can copy off of?
Every preceding president. Something like 43 of them. Copy the good, discard the bad.

17,700 posts, read 35,564,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

Ken

Spot on ... here's a NYT article (from February 2008) that debunks the Hillary/Rupert lovefest:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/04/bu...ia/04carr.html

Old 02-20-2008, 08:35 AM

19,868 posts, read 22,731,855 times
Quote:
Good Point. I think rush Limbaugh was banking on that as well. I'm sure Obama will give him enough to talk about, though.
Oh yeah.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or