Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 04:11 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times

Advertisements

“The press came out with headlines: ‘Trump throws baby out of arena.’ So dishonest. I mean these are dishonest people. I could give you 20 stories like that. Everyone’s having fun, we’re smiling, I’m waving. Everyone’s having fun, but they say Trump throws baby [out]. You know how terrible that is? It’s such a lie. And they know it’s a lie.”

Within days, the Clinton campaign highlighted the baby affair in a video trashing Trump’s week:

As it happens, Daniel Dale, a reporter from the Toronto Star, was sitting right behind her and wrote that the entire incident was mischaracterized.

One other salient fact is missing from all the pieces on babygate. Mom and baby, very much not kicked out, came back to their seat a bit later.
The baby was sucking a pacifier, silent.

Dale had this perspective because he was not sitting in the news media corral. “I almost never request press credentials from the Trump campaign anymore — partly because I like being in the crowd rather than the pen,” he told The Fact Checker. “I was lucky, this time, that the usher people seated me very close to the stage, and one row behind the baby.
There was one empty seat up there.”

Virtually no one in the media noticed Dale’s version of events. He said he did not seek to interview the mother himself, as he did not realize until later how much attention had been paid to this incident.

Dale’s account is confirmed by the mother herself — Virginia resident Devan Ebert. (She spoke on the condition that we not report her town.)
“The media did in fact blow this entire situation out of proportion,” she wrote in an email. “I’m not looking to make it into anything bigger. All I’m hoping is that Trump personally is aware that I am in agreement with him and stand by the fact that I was never kicked out of the rally.”
She said that she decided to leave the auditorium on her own because “it’s the considerate thing to do for others around, trying to listen or for those presenting,” adding that “it was blatantly obvious he was joking.” She said she stood with the police officers outside the auditorium, who were very kind to her, and then returned to her seat once her child had calmed down.
“I had a wonderful time and I appreciate Trump’s graciousness during a time that is usually considered stressful,” she said. “His comic relief was a breath of fresh air.”
Trump is right: He didn

I wouldn't blame Trump if he sued every who reported this slander!

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-07-2016 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 04:14 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
“The press came out with headlines: ‘Trump throws baby out of arena.’ So dishonest. I mean these are dishonest people. I could give you 20 stories like that. Everyone’s having fun, we’re smiling, I’m waving. Everyone’s having fun, but they say Trump throws baby [out]. You know how terrible that is? It’s such a lie. And they know it’s a lie.”

Within days, the Clinton campaign highlighted the baby affair in a video trashing Trump’s week:

As it happens, Daniel Dale, a reporter from the Toronto Star, was sitting right behind her and wrote that the entire incident was mischaracterized.

One other salient fact is missing from all the pieces on babygate. Mom and baby, very much not kicked out, came back to their seat a bit later.
The baby was sucking a pacifier, silent.

Dale had this perspective because he was not sitting in the news media corral. “I almost never request press credentials from the Trump campaign anymore — partly because I like being in the crowd rather than the pen,” he told The Fact Checker. “I was lucky, this time, that the usher people seated me very close to the stage, and one row behind the baby.
There was one empty seat up there.”

Virtually no one in the media noticed Dale’s version of events. He said he did not seek to interview the mother himself, as he did not realize until later how much attention had been paid to this incident.

Dale’s account is confirmed by the mother herself — Virginia resident Devan Ebert. (She spoke on the condition that we not report her town.)
“The media did in fact blow this entire situation out of proportion,” she wrote in an email. “I’m not looking to make it into anything bigger. All I’m hoping is that Trump personally is aware that I am in agreement with him and stand by the fact that I was never kicked out of the rally.”
She said that she decided to leave the auditorium on her own because “it’s the considerate thing to do for others around, trying to listen or for those presenting,” adding that “it was blatantly obvious he was joking.” She said she stood with the police officers outside the auditorium, who were very kind to her, and then returned to her seat once her child had calmed down.
“I had a wonderful time and I appreciate Trump’s graciousness during a time that is usually considered stressful,” she said. “His comic relief was a breath of fresh air.”
Trump is right: He didn

I wouldn't blame Trump if he sued every a**-hole who reported this slander!
good job of keeping this kerfuffle active and an opportunity to heap more ridicule on Trumpy

Old 08-07-2016, 04:19 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
good job of keeping this kerfuffle active and an opportunity to heap more ridicule on Trumpy

Nah, it's a great opportunity to prove what lying the Dems are!

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-07-2016 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: language

Old 08-07-2016, 04:31 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Yeah! I love how Trump is so truthful! I mean just this week he told us he saw a video of Iran being delivered cash, then he simply saw the plane, then he only saw the plane that delivered the hostages. I'm sure it won't be long before it comes out that Trump wasn't even in Europe when the hostages were flown there. So I think you might want to rework your argument there.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-07-2016 at 08:58 AM..

Old 08-07-2016, 04:34 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Yeah! I love how Trump is so truthful! I mean just this week he told us he saw a video of Iran being delivered cash, then he simply saw the plane, then he only saw the plane that delivered the hostages. I'm sure it won't be long before it comes out that Trump wasn't even in Europe when the hostages were flown there. So I think you might want to rework your argument there.
Why do people continually change the subject?

Old 08-07-2016, 04:42 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
So, why the whining about it if it is such a small deal? Not everyone loves babies, right? So, AFTER the mom left the room, trump changed his tune. Big deal, so she left instead of him kicking her out... he was clearly happy to see her go. Kinda like all the other republicans and republican candidates running away from being associated with him.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-07-2016 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 08-07-2016, 04:46 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
[quote=kat in aiken;45040193]So, why the whining about it if it is such a small deal? Not everyone loves babies, right? So, AFTER the mom left the room, trump changed his tune. Big deal, so she left instead of him kicking her out... he was clearly happy to see her go. Kinda like all the other republicans and republican candidates running away from being associated with him.

It was pretty obvious that he was joking. But even if he wasn't I agree with you there. I can't stand babies personally.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-07-2016 at 03:25 PM..

Old 08-07-2016, 04:49 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
At the 1.23 mark of this video he clearly calls for throwing the baby out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEeY8ENxPDw

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-07-2016 at 08:59 AM..

Old 08-07-2016, 05:01 AM

1,099 posts, read 900,846 times
Quote:
I wouldn't blame Trump if he sued every who reported this slander!
I'm thinking that's probably not what you want. He would be in courts for years with the amount of nonsense being thrown around and simply be distracted on what would be meaningless money to him. He should simply get used to it because he's not the first Presidential candidate to be smeared. And they will go after him even worse because he has put the media in their place on countless occasions (they were probably foaming at the mouth to get their shot at him and will do everything in their power to make sure he doesn't win the election). Unfortunately for him, he hasn't grasped yet when to pick his fight. Some stuff, you need to just let roll off your back or let a surrogate handle. This is one such case. Relax.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-07-2016 at 08:59 AM..

Old 08-07-2016, 06:19 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Nah, it's a great opportunity to prove what lying A**HOLES the Dems are!
What? That has already been proved some time ago, some people are just slow at getting it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Why do people continually change the subject?
Because "lying and deflection" is all the Democratic Party has with Hillary as their candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Probably because it's gets tiresome to hear all the claims of Clinton being untruthful from the same people that ignore that their candidate lies more than anyone around.
No one died on our candidate's watch. Any controversy over a crying baby does not trump a crying mother who lost her son because of Hillary's incompetence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections