Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 01:23 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Early on in the primaries, Trump said something along the lines of how he could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue in New York City, shoot someone and not lose any supporters!

It seems to be true!

How many outrageous things does he have to say, even when they are not in his campaign's best interest
before people realize he is NOT going to morph into someone who acts presidential... or for that matter someone who simply acts like an adult?

How many Republican politicians will have to openly declare they will not support him and in some cases declare that they WILL vote for Hillary?

How many reports do we need to see like the recent one signed by 50 ex senior security officials that a Trump presidency would put the nation in peril?

When do you realize first of all that Trump was never this great businessman to begin with and even if he
WAS, our system of government does not appoint a CEO to run things from the top down, like a corporation.
It requires WORKING WITH PEOPLE, reaching across the aisle and working with them to get things done.
As far as "reaching across the aisle", you can forget it with Trump! He's alienated HIS OWN DAMN PARTY before the election has even taken place. How will he work with democrats? Someone will look at him the wrong way and he will engage in a petty, spite filled pissing contest that lasts years because his skin is thinner than wet rice paper.

At what point do people just realize this guy is a joke?
1. First, he's just a human. Humans make mistakes and not everyone talks like a Rhodes Scholar. In my opinion, this lack of looking "presidential" is what I like. Anyway, what does " looking presidential" even mean? Putting on a smug, mirror practiced pose? Doing really awesome parade queen waves? Being a good teleprompter reader?

2. Politicians every cycle jump ship. In my opinion again, these men and women are behaving like children trying to win a popularity contest. I'm keeping note of them for other elections, because who knows what kind of fits they will throw when they don't get their way. Rubio, Carson, Gingrich, Giuliano, etc.. are actually showing class and maturity. They don't have the best interests of the republican party in their hearts if they are deep down democrats.

3 Security advisors are also being fear mongers. They sound just like republicans crying about Obama blowing everything up. We're not any safer, but we're still here.

4.he didn't alienate them. They did that to themselves. If they ran, they probably have some kind of dirty laundry they don't want exposed.

5. He may be thin skinned, but some democrats are so thin skinned and hyper sensitive, you sneeze wrong and they cry like a kid that dropped their ice cream cone in the dirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 01:26 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Trump is telling his supporters exactly what they want to hear and using the dissatisfaction with government to get support. No one likes the corruption in both parties, everyone would like to see change but to support Trump with the statements he has made is really just untenable for most.

He is giving simple solutions to complicated problems, ban Muslims, build a wall....Unfortunately there are not simple answers in real life. Funny thing is that if he moderated his tone he would have much more support as everyone would love to see an outsider. Every week is worse than the last, you have to believe he is either crazy or doesn't want to get elected. Now he is fighting his own party, he won the nomination but he just can't take yes for an answer.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I am not a fan of Hillary but she is far more prepared, qualified and knowledgable about the office she is seeking than he is.

I don't like Hillary Clinton, I don't think she will be a great president and I don't like what she stands for.
I WILL however be eagerly voting for her if it helps prevent Trump from getting anywhere near the office.
It's a contest between someone you don't like versus someone who has no business being considered in the first place.
How is she qualified? She's a hot mess! I don't care how long she's been in Washington, or even that she was s.o.s, she was not good at it.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump is telling his supporters exactly what they want to hear and using the dissatisfaction with government to get support. No one likes the corruption in both parties, everyone would like to see change but to support Trump with the statements he has made is really just untenable for most.

He is giving simple solutions to complicated problems, ban Muslims, build a wall....Unfortunately there are not simple answers in real life. Funny thing is that if he moderated his tone he would have much more support as everyone would love to see an outsider. Every week is worse than the last, you have to believe he is either crazy or doesn't want to get elected. Now he is fighting his own party, he won the nomination but he just can't take yes for an answer.
And Hilary isn't? Of course she's telling dems what they want to hear.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:38 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

Joe Scarborough said that he heard from a very close friend of Trump that he doesn't want to lose ... BUT he doesn't really want to win either! That would mean governing and doing lots of things he really doesn't want to do or is incapable of doing. I think he entered without the intention of it going this far and now his ego is involved. He doesn't want to be seen as a loser. It's like the comment he made to the vet about the purple heart he was gifted. It's easier to be given one than to earn it. He wants to do the victory lap with none of the responsibility that goes along with it.

This didn't get a whole lot of coverage but when Trump was picking his VP, there was a rather frightening bit of news that he planned to give the VP almost ALL of the power...

Quote:
When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy?!?!

Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?

“Making America great again” was the casual reply.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/ma...ning-mate.html

If THIS does not convince you that he has no clue what he is doing but simply wants to be the man in charge, I don't know what will!! He's saying that his VP will be in charge of all foreign and domestic policy.
HE IS SAYING WE ARE ELECTING A FIGUREHEAD and people are happily going along with it

Not only that, it betrays a stunning lack of how our system of government works! The executive branch does not have that much power. The executive branch caries out laws, the legislative makes laws and the judicial evaluates laws. We are not electing a king who gets to anoint someone to dictate foreign and domestic policy.

Last edited by voiceofreazon; 08-09-2016 at 01:47 PM..

Old 08-09-2016, 01:47 PM

1,268 posts, read 798,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
I've asked this before and no one has answered me.
The Republicans have been investigating Hillary for 30 years and have got zero indictments or convictions.
So either Hillary is NOT corrupt or the Republicans are incredibly incompetent.
Which is it?
Excellent question! That is why there are crickets in the background. Of course, the fallback will be it's rigged. You know the powerful Clintons thirty years ago who ruled everything.

"Trump stands for freedom and America" did make me laugh. Make America Great Again by taking it back to Jim Crow. We need to give a religious test to citizens, and build a wall. This is freedom and America? Yeah, your doing it wrong.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:52 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
"Trump stands for freedom and America"
Yeah, the same guy who dodged the draft multiple times, insulted a former POW for getting captured and attacked parents who lost a son serving this country. The same guy who has his shirts and ties manufactured overseas.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:57 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
No matter how flawed he is, he's a breath of fresh air compared to Hillary. Nothing you say can change that.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:59 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
Sub Trump for Kim jong-un vs Hillary and I'd bet republican goons would cast their vote for him!

After the GOP has a chance to conduct their autopsy on what went so terribly wrong this election cycle, maybe they'll think twice about nominating a complete and utter moron to the highest office in the land. Perhaps we should have more stringent qualifications for President of the US. Being 35 and a US citizen gave us the Donald and Lord knows we don't need another one of him every four years.

Old 08-09-2016, 02:07 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Scared white guys?" You even have the slightest clue why Trump is so popular, do you?
Can you enlighten us? My understanding is that folks like you and his supporters have been left behind the great economic success of this country. You live in areas that have no jobs. Maybe 30 years ago you guys could skate through High School and end up in a good paying job in a factory. Those jobs are gone now and you all feel that Trump is going bring them back. You also do no like a shrinking multi-cultural world. You turn on your TV and you see a Black President and people of different ethnicities, genders and orientations living full happy lives. It frightens you. You want to bring America back to a time when those factory jobs were plentiful and well paying, minorities weren't so uppity, gays were only a joke and in the closet. Along comes Trump speaking the vocabulary of a 4th grader and that makes sense to you. Even though he is a rich kid from NYC, you feel he is one of you and is on your side b/c all other politicians ignore you.

Feel free to let me know if you can ad more or you don't agree with me. It's all good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections