U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 PM

8,062 posts, read 16,182,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Amazing! That's how I feel about it too! There does seem to be a real left wing agenda in the Obama candidacy. Not "sort of left wing" or "centrist" but a real "way out there left wing" agenda.
Ditto. During the Bill Clinton years, the Democratic Party had FINALLY claimed the center and become a moderate, reasonable voice that belied the "tax and spend Democrats" label that most people couldn't support. But, now, it's going right back to the left-wing lunacy and, oddly enough, the Republican candidate is now the moderate!

Here's what ISN'T being reported but what I've read from dozens of observors on another blog -- the Republicans are DELIGHTED with the momentum of the ultra-liberal Dem. candidate and have been helping his cause along. In many states, people can cross party lines in the primaries to vote and Republicans are voting for Obama so they can run their moderate against the ultra-liberal in November and win.

It makes sense. The pundits are wondering why the polls are close but then the elections are not. They're polling Dem. voters and the Repubs. who are trying to force their ideal matchup are providing the bigger win.

And the idiotic Dem. party is just sitting back and letting this happen without a word. Weaklings. They don't deserve my support or membership so I'm done with them after my primary.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:12 PM

11,127 posts, read 12,652,436 times
Well it seems that since we can't remain on topic there is no real point of keeping this open
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or