Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 02:34 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,792,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Riiiiiiight, it has nothing to do with the crazy **** Trumplethinskin says.
Haha got a good lol from Trumplethinskin - that's priceless! However, helleryqueen is much more of a threat to our society, bad haircuts, ugly pantsuits that make her look fat and oh yeah - let's not forget the heffer crook is also a lesbian! Yeah, us Trumplethinskin farts are nothing but rednecks, unedumacated, backyard, backwoods, baby got back bastards (and *******, as in my case) bigot racists who are setting round smoking funny stuff and screaming "All hail the Trump!", he's our only hope!

Let me tell you, as a less-than-enthusiastic Trump supporter, it's way better than that woman the Eagles wrote that song about - for real check it out - she will, in fact, be our pretty little demise. Watch and see, watch and see. Don't come running to me, you see, cause I be prepared like a big bad-ass Southern redneck republican ain't got no good sense but gonna fix this damn country despite your arrogant asses predictions and negativity. Nothing better than a wise old sage to tell you the truth of the matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 02:40 PM

18,454 posts, read 7,085,120 times
In all honesty, I really don't know what to think or what to
expect will happen this election, other than it's practically guaranteed to be a fuster-cluck.

But I will say this........

If Trump wins, I am going laugh harder than I have in YEARS!

Last edited by FatBob96; 08-30-2016 at 02:48 PM..

Old 08-30-2016, 02:45 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
First of all, we are so far from a "nation of lazy gimme gimme scum", that whether a government can or cannot prop up such a nation is moot.

Second, you know a few, right here on City-Data.
RIGHTTTTT every year MORE people are on welfare and LESS people are taxpayers. Can't blame either really. Government allows and encourages more leaches and taxes the hell out of the taxpayers so no surprise to either.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:48 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
In all honesty, I really don't know what to think or what expect will happen this election, other than it's practicality guaranteed to be a fuster-cluck.

But I will say this........

If Trump wins, I am going laugh harder than I have in YEARS!
Not sure what I will do. Hmmm maybe call my POS ex sister up and LAUGH as hard as I ever have. She is the PERFECT example of a disgusting Hillary voter and I know she will be PISSED that Trump won. Then I will relax and think wow....people aren't quite as dumb as I thought. Then I will shoot off some fireworks and drink a beer after that.....Thinking of all the great times to come!

Old 08-31-2016, 07:22 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech
Trump has no grasp of macroeconomics and has proposed policies that are bad for working Americans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
China MFN, GATT, NAFTA, and the TPP, is how they sell out
you and me, we're not CEOs of international companies,
with tax hideouts in the Caribbean Sea and board meetings
in Hawaii.
When Donald Trump gives a speech on economic policy just about every factual assertion he makes is wrong, but I’m not going to do a line-by-line critique. What I want to do, instead, is talk about the general thrust: the candidate’s claim to be on the side of American workers.

Of course, that’s what they all say. But Trumponomics goes beyond the usual Republican assertions that cutting taxes on corporations and the rich, ending environmental regulation and so on will conjure up the magic of the marketplace and make everyone prosper. It also involves posing as a populist, claiming that getting tough on foreigners and ripping up our trade agreements will bring back the well-paying jobs America has lost.

That’s a departure, although not as much as you may think -- people forget that Mitt Romney similarly threatened a trade war with China during the 2012 campaign. Still, it was interesting to see a Republican presidential candidate name-check not just Bernie Sanders but the left-leaning Economic Policy Institute, which has long been critical of globalization.

But the institute is having none of it: Lawrence Mishel, the think tank’s president, put out a derisive reply to what he called the “Trump trade scam.” His point was that even if you think, as he does, that trade agreements have hurt American workers, they’re only part of a much broader set of anti-labor policies. And on everything else, Donald Trump is very much on the wrong side of the issues.

About globalization: There’s no question that rising imports, especially from China, have reduced the number of manufacturing jobs in America. China’s rise reduced U.S. manufacturing employment by around one million between 1999 and 2011.

But America is a big place, and total employment exceeds 140 million. Shifting a million workers back into manufacturing would raise that sector’s share of employment back from around 5% to around 6.5%. To get some perspective: in 1979, on the eve of the great surge in inequality, manufacturing accounted for more than 20% of employment. In the 1960s it was more than 25%. I’m not sure when, exactly, Mr. Trump thinks America was great, but Trumponomics wouldn’t come close to bringing the old days back.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:07 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,588,764 times
Hey Dems, you can't always get what you want !

GOP has total control of America.

Presidency ? check.
Senate ? check.
House ? check.
Supreme Court ? check !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections