Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 10:57 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times

Advertisements

So, Warren Buffet is supporting Hillary because it doesn't benefit him eh?

Warren Buffet is wealthier than all the people Trump can call on put together, just what are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 11:04 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
I wonder if trumps assassination suggestion (yeah, he was ... joking or not) was a way to take attention off his economic policy which will certainly benefit the wealthy over the not so wealthy.

There are so many articles on how trumps economic policy will benefit the wealthy. Here are just two.
So the working people who support trump and think that he's on their side ... think again.
He's lying to y'all thinking you're too stupid ("i love the uneducated" he said last spring) and courting business and corporate interests at the same time. Even his child care proposal will benefit the wealthy and not the working folks of this country.
When will y'all realize that you're being used by a con-man?!!! Seriously.
Better to acknowledge that you're wrong and jump ship than go down with it.
Or you can stubbornly and pridefully cling to the illusion that trump cares about you and is some kind of friggin saviour.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-chil...fcd#.r4d9hltie

Trump’s economic speech: Lots of goodies for the rich, with a hearty dose of gaffes - Salon.com
Trump's plan is brilliant and will save America. You have no clue what you're talking about

Old 08-09-2016, 11:10 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Trump's plan is brilliant and will save America. You have no clue what you're talking about
Explain how it's brilliant and will save America.

I say it won't.

I say it will be a regressive tax cut in favor of the rich. And it will produce a $10 trillion budget hole that Trump has not said how he will close given that Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid can't be unilaterally cut and he's actually increasing military and infrastructure spending. We're supposed to believe that all those tax cuts benefiting the rich will miraculously close that $10 trillion hole.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:02 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Explain how it's brilliant and will save America.

I say it won't.

I say it will be a regressive tax cut in favor of the rich. And it will produce a $10 trillion budget hole that Trump has not said how he will close given that Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid can't be unilaterally cut and he's actually increasing military and infrastructure spending. We're supposed to believe that all those tax cuts benefiting the rich will miraculously close that $10 trillion hole.
Where was this concern over a $10 trillion dollar hole that we CURRENTLY have under the Obama administration?

Old 08-10-2016, 06:14 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Cutting taxes for the wealthy doesn't help either, since they just invest the money overseas or put it into more robots to automate their production lines and further boost their profit margins. "Trickle down" worked in the 80s, perhaps, but we're not in the 80s anymore.
Exactly, our economy has changed dramatically since the 80's. I do not support tax cuts with out spending cuts. We have proof at the state level where Kasich cut taxes and spending and it worked where Brownback lowered taxes but could not pull off any spending cuts and it flopped. I also notice that the race against technology is not being talked about by either of the pathetic parties. I wonder why? maybe it is to scary of subject for the ignorant unwashed masses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections