Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2016, 09:13 AM

76,829 posts, read 47,156,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Do you think he meant Obama was there in some smoke filled back room in the middle east whenever ISIS was actually founded? Of course he didn't.
He meant the President's actions led to ISIS becoming the prominent terrorist group it is.

Were there actually posts here from anyone claiming the President was actually the literal founder?
Like I said, it must suck supporting his claims, only to see him flip-flop later.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:13 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,389,885 times
LOL, does this mean that all of Trump's defenders (C-D and elsewhere) were also just being sarcastic?

Old 08-12-2016, 09:15 AM

51,577 posts, read 25,487,313 times
Just to get this straight, from now anything Donald Trump says must be taken with a grain of salt. Correct?

Because it might be sarcasm, a remark meaning just the opposite, meant to criticize, ridicule and convey contempt.

So who is he conveying contempt for with all this sarcastic talk about Obama founding iSIS and 2nd Amendment folks doing something about HRC appointing judges?

Old 08-12-2016, 09:16 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,040,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Like I said, it must suck supporting his claims, only to see him flip-flop later.
I never claimed or believed he actually meant anything other than the President's policies led to ISIS becoming as powerful as it did. I suspect most of Trump's followers didn't believe Trump was the actual founder either.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:19 AM

51,577 posts, read 25,487,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
First, Trump calls Obama the founder of ISIS.

Then he doubles, triples, and quadruples down on it, insisting that he meant it.

And now he blames the media for missing his 'sarcasm'.

2) How could his comment be 'sarcasm'? In what context would 'Obama founded ISIS' make any sense as sarcasm? Does Trump not understand what sarcasm is? (very plausible) Or does Trump know that his gullible followers won't question anything he says, however inane? (virtually certain)

3) Why is it that the Trumplings routinely assert that heir fawning idolization of Trump is due in part because he's such a 'straight shooter' who 'tells it like it is', and yet they're constantly having to explain 'what he really meant'?

Trumplings: "TRUMP TELLS IT LIKE IT IS!"

Trump: "THE SECOND AMENDMENT PEOPLE SHOULD TAKE ACTION IF CLINTON APPOINTS JUDGES!"

Trumplings: "HE DIDN'T REALLY MEAN THAT!"

Trump: "OBAMA FOUNDED ISIS!"

Trumplings: "HE DIDN'T REALLY MEAN THAT, EITHER!"
First smile of the day.

Thank you.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:20 AM

76,829 posts, read 47,156,824 times
I said in the begining of the primaries that I would vote for him if he persuaded me that he would stop outsourcing of jobs to India. He had me fooled into thinking he was serious about such issues. Today, I'll say there is no way I could vote for him.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:21 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,018,050 times
http://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/sta...87099930750978

Old 08-12-2016, 09:21 AM

28,840 posts, read 30,072,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yep, he just said it. I'll post a clip when they are up but he repeated over and over and over again that President Obama was the founder of ISIS. And then said that Hillary Clinton was the co-founder.

Because of course.

Any publicity is good publicity when you are Donald Trump regardless of how idiotic you sound.
Trump was being sarcastic...I saw and heard him say it as well...

What Trump means is, Obama just paid Iran all that money, which fed their cause. All of our money, I should say, which will fall in the hands of terrorists over there. Terrorists are like our Mafia, there are many different gangs of Terrorists...but ISIS, was just forming when Obama came into office and Obama has been a sympathizer...and so has Hillary....

I'm sorry, but if you refuse to see it...Obama and Hillary are set for life, nothing can touch them and nothing ever will, why? Because they have tons and tons of money backing them the kind of money, you and I have never even imagined seeing before.

That money, is being paid by those supporting Obama and Hillary, for making a one world government.
There are so many people involved in this who are rich, that is unfathomable to the minds of us...

However, it will happen...

What Trump was spewing was a joke, a sarcastic one...which is happening, and has been happening in the U.S. The guy who got up during the DNC whose son was killed...talking against Trump. Guess what he does for a job...he sells American Real Estate to Muslims. He works for a company who legally does this...they are given the money and Muslims are buying us all up....

and it's perfectly legal....

what any of us are looking for in a President, we are no longer going to find...

The press, the Dems, the Republicans, have all sold us out. Trump is trying to stop this, regardless of how ridiculous he sounds, it is true and it is happening.

Don't forget, Trump once belonged to their so called, World Trade Organization, so don't kid yourselves...
He stands to lose a whole lot of money...
I agree, his words are certainly not chosen wisely....however, the more I see how the establishment is fighting against him, the more real and frightening his words become to me...
and even if he is elected President...believe me

And BTW, Hillary's adds are no better, they are literally attacking him constantly along with the democratic Media...so...people wake up...please...

You people don't understand, the amounts of money we are talking about here, and that kind of money does talk.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:22 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,389,885 times
If it is sarcasm then Trump is saying that Obama is not responsible for the growth of ISIS.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:25 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,018,050 times
At least so far, what I've been hearing is a reluctance from the media to let him get away with it this time, probably because he directly attacked them. They are saying it won't make any difference to his supporters of course, because they will say as Unsettomati so correctly put it, "he says what he means except he didn't mean that and everyone know it!"

But several comments today about how this was clearly not sarcasm given how many times Donnie had that chance yesterday and chose to double down and that undecided voters are not going to be convinced by this sort of flippancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections