U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:58 AM

207 posts, read 378,886 times

Advertisements

The only thing Obama will do is jack up taxes on every body. So if you and your wife are teachers and earn a combined 65k a year, you'll be considered rich and will get hit hard with taxes.

Obama will push social policies that will disenfranchise euro-Americans. is this an empty statement? Absolutely not. Obama's church is tied to Farrakan. He'll open up the flood gates to more impoverished, uneducated, waring tribal people. He'll be pumping tons of tax payer money into Africa and elsewhere. (see his poverty act bill and read up on what Kenya's elite are saying about Obama and his obligations to kenya.)

Obama will push us further into a police state.

Etc.,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 11:59 AM

7,208 posts, read 8,365,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post

Perhaps a wsj article on how Obama will promote our renaissance as a surplus producer instead of a hopeless indebted consumer nation through tax cuts for small business owners and people wanting to build factories? Nah, ain't gonna find that either.
I doubt you will find the WSJ endorsing any Democrat's policies, their right wing politics have been well established.

Isn't it interesting how the Obama bashers complain about no substance. Then, when the substance is supplied they claim they don't like it. Why not just be honest, say you're a Republican and stop with the straw men.

Last edited by Upton; 02-20-2008 at 12:11 PM..

Old 02-20-2008, 12:03 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,290,266 times
Now that Obama's campaign staff has come out and explained that some things are "a goal, not a policy" -- how many of those things you've listed are GOALS versus POLICIES?

Speaking of which -- isn't that like Super Duper Double Speak "a goal, not a policy"?

Old 02-20-2008, 12:06 PM

9,043 posts, read 11,571,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I doubt you will find the WSJ endorsing any Democrat's policies, their right wing politics have been well established.

Isn't interesting how the Obama bashers complain about no substance. Then, when the substance is supplied they claim they don't like it. Why not just be honest, say you're a Republican and stop with the straw men.
Ah, c'mon...indugle me with PBS business article? Please? OK, I'll go easy: an ultra-librul NPR business editorial endorsing Obama on either the monetary or entrepeneurial issue.

I'd actually rather have Obama than McCain for lesser of evils, but I've never voted for lesser of evils and never will. I prefer to limit my selling out when it only affects me McCain wants a 0% Fed rate and that ain't no good.

Nice of you to assume, however. There are some who think, and some that are knee jerk.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:08 PM

413 posts, read 833,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
The bottom line however, is he is in favor of increased government regulation and redistributing wealth from wealthy to poor. I just can't subscribe to it.
Redistribution of wealth is the very nature of a credit-based economy.

Seems to me you're just against credit-based economy, and therefore against capitalism. Is this so/

Old 02-20-2008, 12:09 PM

5,233 posts, read 7,718,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Uh, perhaps a bloomberg editorial touting Obama's wish to establish a strong monetary policy? Nah, ain't gonna find it.

Perhaps a wsj article on how Obama will promote our renaissance as a surplus producer instead of a hopeless indebted consumer nation through tax cuts for small business owners and people wanting to build factories? Nah, ain't gonna find that either.
Sigh. You seem to want to argue about someone else's ideas? Ron Paul is not in it anymore. This thread is not about Ron Paul. Aren't you the person that said there was no disease and no Depressions in the 19th Century? Then changed your story to say that there was disease, but it was caused by the government? Should you have ANY leg to stand on after those statements?

You have a wonderful ability to take things way off topic. I guess I am to blame for joining you. Let's get back on it, eh?

Obama is full of substance. Period.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:11 PM

413 posts, read 833,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palpatein View Post
The only thing Obama will do is jack up taxes on every body. So if you and your wife are teachers and earn a combined 65k a year, you'll be considered rich and will get hit hard with taxes.
Where in his policies has he advocated re-instituting the marriage penalty tax? Where has he set the threshold at $65K? Methinks you're going on pure speculation here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor
Obama will push social policies that will disenfranchise euro-Americans. is this an empty statement? Absolutely not. Obama's church is tied to Farrakan. He'll open up the flood gates to more impoverished, uneducated, waring tribal people. He'll be pumping tons of tax payer money into Africa and elsewhere. (see his poverty act bill and read up on what Kenya's elite are saying about Obama and his obligations to kenya.)

Obama will push us further into a police state.

Etc.,
So now you're buying the Farrakan connection, are you?

And if you're against pumping the money into Africa, would you please explain how that would be any worse than the current policy of pumping money into Europe under the Marshall Plan, or into the Middle East (including Egypt AND Israel)?

Is the blog that's spoon-feeding you this stuff remembering to wipe your chin and make you wear a bib?

Old 02-20-2008, 12:14 PM

9,043 posts, read 11,571,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Sigh. You seem to want to argue about someone else's ideas? Ron Paul is not in it anymore. This thread is not about Ron Paul. Aren't you the person that said there was no disease and no Depressions in the 19th Century? Then changed your story to say that there was disease, but it was caused by the government? Should you have ANY leg to stand on after those statements?

You have a wonderful ability to take things way off topic. I guess I am to blame for joining you. Let's get back on it, eh?

Yes, and you are also the one who relies on Keynesian economics to make your point and stating that FDR's New Deal helped to get out of a depression when it coincidentally only recovered after we fought WW2 and sacrificed on a consumer level. Ah, how refreshing it is to know that free market forces always trump government "fixing".

Using Obama's site to prove one's thesis must be refreshingly delicious, just like a nice cold glass of ...

http://ooc.caltech.edu/images/koolaid.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-20-2008, 12:14 PM

2,356 posts, read 2,625,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Here is some substance. Let us know if you have any questions when you are done reading.
That isn't substance, those are hyperlinks.

Substance is when you take his ideas, put them into your own words, and debate against people who have opinions that *might* be different from yours.

Quote:
Yeah, I agree, Obama is full of... some certain substance.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:17 PM

939 posts, read 2,008,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
That isn't substance, those are hyperlinks.

Substance is when you take his ideas, put them into your own words, and debate against people who have opinions that *might* be different from yours.
The claim often made, and made by the OP, is that Senator Obama doesn't have substance. Hence, the links to his positions. The poster may or may not have substance. That's an entirely different subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or