Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 02:29 AM

8,852 posts, read 5,316,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

3. Trump is perhaps the most extreme candidate of our times in many respects.
Yep, the nerve of him to say that our immigration laws should be enforced, our country should have borders and that Americans should be the first priority of the President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 02:33 AM

8,852 posts, read 5,316,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I really don't see how anyone can support Trump, simply based on the meglomaniac factor. Clinton has her problems, but she is definitely not the unstable thin skinned narcissistic maniac that Trump is, and I could not look at myself for voting for someone so ridiculously unqualified and temperamentally unfit for the office.
Yep, why get upset over her dishonesty and lack of trustworthiness?

Old 08-11-2016, 06:04 AM

9,295 posts, read 14,184,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post

However, the point of this post is.....if Clinton can't be stopped being elected President, let's be clear....many, many of us...will be voting for folks in Congress who will OBSTRUCT her. So when people start complaining of how Congress obstructs (Obama), and now Clinton, realize that a large portion of the population, maybe 45-49% ...
The electorate, in its collective wisdom (or not), has been "splitting its ticket" on and off, but mostly on, for many, many decades, arguably even since the early decades of the Republic.

And, no, it has nothing to do with certain sterile and meaningless debate revolving around so-called liberals and conservatives, but with Constitutional balance of power and actual policy outcomes.

Congress is supposed to obstruct, it is written in the Constitution, that is its job (perversely inversely proportional to its "job approval" rating), even more so over the next 2-4 years if either one of these two pathetic establishment party candidates is elected.

By the way, the Constitution makes no mention of political parties.

But it is what it is.

As it is, then, though there is a lot I don't like about the so-called Libertarians, I would hope that Gary Johnson is allowed to seriously compete on the national media stage, however the reality is that the establishment party probably won't allow it.

Nonetheless, the electorate does actually have choices to make on the (often several pages long) ballot every TWO years.

Good Luck!

Old 08-11-2016, 06:10 AM

16,086 posts, read 10,240,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
Trump stands for one person and that person is himself. He has shown over and over by his statements that he has no idea how the government is set up and what powers the President has. By his own behavior he has shown himself to be thin-skinned, insulting and hot-headed and he retaliates against critics without thinking whether or not it's a good idea. Not good traits to have in a leader of the country.

For all her faults, I'm positive Clinton knows why it's not a good idea to use nuclear weapons. Trump I'm not so sure about. And that is why he needs to be kept far, far away from the Oval Office.
This is exactly how I feel. Hillary will be the worst candidate I have ever voted for. But she is clearly less dangerous than Donald Trump.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:32 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,055,430 times
Quote:
I really do't see how anyone could support Clinton, simply based on the sleaziness factor. Trump has his problems, but he definitely is not the conniving snake that Clinton is, and I could not look at myself for voting for someone who is so morally corrupt.

However, the point of this post is.....if Clinton can't be stopped being elected President, lets be clear....many, many of us...will be voting for folks in Congress who will OBSTRUCT her. So when people start complaining of how Congress obstructs (Obama), and now Clinton, realize that a large portion of the population, maybe 45-49% completely disagree with liberal policies. We are voting to make sure that every liberal policy is obstructed. Any changes should be incremental....
Why can't the selfish folks realize, that a majority of the population prefer either slightly left or right policies...not extreme?

And when the grey haired (should be using color), Birkenstock, non shower taking, deodorant needing, cheap trolls start making comments, about how uneducated folks who vote against Clinton....

I used to live in the People's Republic of Cambridge, and voted for Scott Brown over dingbat Warren....and I have several college degrees...fortunately I got out of academia before the brainwashing stuck...

Thoughts from the people?
Lol, what do you think the Republicans have been doing for the last 6 years?

You are conflating pro-Hillary with anti-Trump. A huge segment of Hillary voters is the latter and latter only. If it weren't Trump on the other side, the same people would have voted Rubio or Kasich instead of Hillary.

If you are so educated, you should recognize that Trump is either incapable or disinterested in learning about facts, policies, etc. He is not interested in governing -- hence an offer to Kasich to let him run the foreign and domestic policies if he became VP. That's what is most alarming, not the PC word parsing stuff or even his temperament.

Mick

Old 08-11-2016, 06:44 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,706,430 times
Quote:
I really do't see how anyone could support Clinton, simply based on the sleaziness factor. Trump has his problems, but he definitely is not the conniving snake that Clinton is, and I could not look at myself for voting for someone who is so morally corrupt.
Lol really? Trump has suckered everyone into believing he's a legit candidate. Can't get more conniving than that. That's ignoring things Trump university.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:14 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,086,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
In other words, you are a fascist who dont believe in democracy and laughably believe you will be better off in your fascist paradise. How much money do you make? Just curious, as it is absolutely ridiculous to have the opinions you do unless you make several millions per year. The donor class sneer at people like you.

Pretty funny, I believe in democracy. I just don't believe you should be allowed to vote yourself more of others money. What does my income have to do with anything. Want a benefit, be willing to pay for it...

Old 08-11-2016, 07:37 AM

1,268 posts, read 791,539 times
That is just shocking! You mean you will obstruct the government of the country you supposedly "love" because you didn't get your way. That is so predictable.

It will eventually dawn on you tools that you keep losing because you don't have the support of the majority. You would think those two losses to Obama (who you malign like he isn't the president) would have been a learning opportunity for you. Your party is in shambles, and it's dying off. Obstruct away. It just keeps pushing you further and further from ever winning a national election.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:46 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,666,749 times
Quote:

However, the point of this post is.....if Clinton can't be stopped being elected President, lets be clear....many, many of us...will be voting for folks in Congress who will OBSTRUCT her. So when people start complaining of how Congress obstructs (Obama), and now Clinton, realize that a large portion of the population, maybe 45-49% completely disagree with liberal policies. We are voting to make sure that every liberal policy is obstructed. Any changes should be incremental....
Why can't the selfish folks realize, that a majority of the population prefer either slightly left or right policies...not extreme?

And when the grey haired (should be using color), Birkenstock, non shower taking, deodorant needing, cheap trolls start making comments, about how uneducated folks who vote against Clinton....

I used to live in the People's Republic of Cambridge, and voted for Scott Brown over dingbat Warren....and I have several college degrees...fortunately I got out of academia before the brainwashing stuck...

Thoughts from the people?
It doesn't really look like you are asking for people's thoughts. It looks like you are trolling. Or, you are learning that it is a great idea to say bad things bout people and then expect them to be happy to converse with you - genuine trumpist behavior.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:50 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,892,764 times
Quote:
Pretty funny, I believe in democracy. I just don't believe you should be allowed to vote yourself more of others money. What does my income have to do with anything. Want a benefit, be willing to pay for it...
You obviously dont believe in democracy. Your rhetoric is straight out of a fascist. Vote yourself other people's money? In other words, that means no public roads, no public schools, no vaccination programs, everyone should just pay up out of pocket for everything, the super rich completely dominating the political system pushing for monopolies in all sectors of society, small fish like you of course getting no schooling and living in some poor slum unless you come from a rich family. That's why I was curious about what you make. Your fascist paradise where the super rich call the shots and give some crumbs to working stiffs like you is not the paradise you dream about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections