Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 03:54 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Lol kentucky give me a break. Take a nap while Trump nabs your electoral votes.
Kentucky still has a Democratic legislature and Trump is performing pretty awfully in conservative states. He also has zero ground game which would account for the disparity in stickers and signs.

Old 08-12-2016, 04:18 AM

158 posts, read 98,846 times
Have you seen the lines of people for blocks and block outside his rallies, many in freezing or treacherous heat? These are the people that will stand in line on voting day.

Enough with the identity politics, we are all Americans. We need to do what's best for our country. Do you like how the past 8 years have been? Vote Hill. If you think everything has been jacked up and needs a different direction, vote Trump. The last thing we need is a identity politics fight (like we've had the past few years). We are all in this together people.

Old 08-12-2016, 04:23 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle86 View Post
Have you seen the lines of people for blocks and block outside his rallies, many in freezing or treacherous heat? These are the people that will stand in line on voting day.

Enough with the identity politics, we are all Americans. We need to do what's best for our country. Do you like how the past 8 years have been? Vote Hill. If you think everything has been jacked up and needs a different direction, vote Trump. The last thing we need is a identity politics fight (like we've had the past few years). We are all in this together people.
Saw them in 2008 when Sarah Palin was holding rallies. Didn't really mean much though. Rallies =/= election day turnout.

Old 08-12-2016, 05:15 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Assume its the day after...

Polls got everything right except one thing...

Angry white men turned out at EPIC levels and gave Trump a staggering 75% of their support....

Trump wins...

How do you react to white men voting like a minority bloc?
Trump wins, God bless us and then some.

Old 08-12-2016, 05:24 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
White folks dragged through the mud the last few years. As some wit mentioned DT represents the last stand of white people.

Old 08-12-2016, 05:52 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Yeah, but I plan on voting several times.

(You don't need to show photo ID where I live.)
Well, lucky you. We MUST show a photo ID and I fully support that. We have a LOT of illegal aliens here and the line would be too long if they were voting, and we darn well know who they would be voting for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
Several problems with the theory. Trump isn't winning every white male vote. I'm white. I wouldn't vote for Trump ever. I think it likely comes down to blue or white collar employment, religious affiliation, and education level among assorted other things. No candidate is going to win every member of a racial group. There are loads of different backgrounds and experiences. In essence, there really aren't enough white men to carry him.
I think there will be plenty of other votes to cover for yours. And, we all know he carries voters across the demographics. We got it covered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Yeah, I can just see all these dudes with goatees lined up around the block come election day.
Yeah, that's not it. You'll see people early in the day who are out of work or only working part-time. Later in the day, the people who have a job but are worried about losing it when it is either shipped overseas or taken by an illegal alien. One in every 8 white collar jobs are now held by an illegal alien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
There are an awful lot of women voting for him too. No way do I want Shillary in the WH.
Not sure why anyone would think that a woman wouldn't have enough integrity to, at least, vote again Hillary, probably our WORST example of an American woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I seriously do not think gay white men would vote for Trump in large numbers.

Trans white men will neither,just ask Chaz Bono.

You forgot some wealthy white men like George Soros,Warren Buffet,and Bill Gates.

Muslim white men will not vote for Trump either.

Maybe 70% of white men might be plausible.

I think many people like Trump's message but they just do not like the person delivering it.
Well, I don't think anyone really expect 100%. There will be people in every demographic voting for him though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Good for them. Angry white men are going the way of the dinosaur. Diversity is not going to stop; demographics will continue to change. So they may as well enjoy their last hurrah.
It has already been established again and again and again that Trump is drawing from all demographics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle86 View Post

I agree. It sounds like prejudice to me when one group after another is lumped together as one solid voting block. This is what the Democrats use to try to divide and conquer. We are all Americans and that is what voters need to take to the polls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Trump wins, God bless us and then some.
God will have blessed us and Satan can come and reap the soul that was promised him as Hillary sinks into history!

Old 08-12-2016, 05:55 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I know a lotta angry white folk.....and they all vote, or at least will this go around. See yah Hildog
Angry white folk does not automatically mean they all vote for Trump. You are assuming angry white men don't think for themselves.
I know some white guys who are not angry and they are voting for Trump. Misguided yes, angry no.
Even the lowest of the low can think for themselves in the privacy of the voting booth.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:05 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, lucky you. We MUST show a photo ID and I fully support that. We have a LOT of illegal aliens here and the line would be too long if they were voting, and we darn well know who they would be voting for.

In America we can vote for who we want.

I think there will be plenty of other votes to cover for yours. And, we all know he carries voters across the demographics. We got it covered!

Time to wake up now, Trump might not even take Arizona and GA.

Yeah, that's not it. You'll see people early in the day who are out of work or only working part-time. Later in the day, the people who have a job but are worried about losing it when it is either shipped overseas or taken by an illegal alien. One in every 8 white collar jobs are now held by an illegal alien.

Source ? Are you calling McDonalds Cashier and Landscaper white collar ? I have never worked with an illegal alien as a peer in my white collar job.

Not sure why anyone would think that a woman wouldn't have enough integrity to, at least, vote again Hillary, probably our WORST example of an American woman.

Yes, women only count as real if they are in the Miss America Pageant or work for Fox News (or are blonde).

Well, I don't think anyone really expect 100%. There will be people in every demographic voting for him though.

He is going to get almost no black votes, almost no latino votes, fewer females voters than Romney. My father, a lifelong Republican is not voting for him. Who are all these mysterious Trump Voters ?

It has already been established again and again and again that Trump is drawing from all demographics.

Please cite the sources for your factoids (fox?)

I agree. It sounds like prejudice to me when one group after another is lumped together as one solid voting block. This is what the Democrats use to try to divide and conquer. We are all Americans and that is what voters need to take to the polls.
cWhen I watched the Democratic convention, I saw a greater cross-section of America represented than any picture of the audience at the Republican convention - that is not dividing and conquering.

God will have blessed us and Satan can come and reap the soul that was promised him as Hillary sinks into history!
NICE ! - What was it you were saying about bringing us all together ?

Old 08-12-2016, 06:06 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,072,112 times
If you go out to the mostly white working class small towns, you'll generally find universal condemnation of Hillary Clinton as a criminal who should be in jail, particularly amongst men. That being said, from my observations, this doesn't always lead to support for Donald Trump. Many of them see him as bigoted, divisive, mean, and unstable. That's why you have two candidates with horrible approval ratings - many of the Clinton haters are not necessarily on board with Trump.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:07 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Saw them in 2008 when Sarah Palin was holding rallies. Didn't really mean much though. Rallies =/= election day turnout.
Where is Sarah Palin these days?

Haven't heard a peep out of her in months.

I missed her at the RNC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections