Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 03:49 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump is correct he is running against the dishonest one sided media.

He has four opponents.

His opponent's are Obama, crooked Hillary and media along with establishment elites in both parties.

And he's showing about as much mental stability as Captain Queeg while doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 04:46 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Trump supporters scare me based upon Voltaire's quote:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."

Trump supports believe the most absurd statements coming from Trump and defend them and him.

Old 08-15-2016, 05:16 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Trump is correct he is running against the dishonest one sided media.

He has four opponents.

His opponent's are Obama, crooked Hillary and media along with establishment elites in both parties.

He needs to hammer away at all three plus one every chance he gets. Most of the people on the forum see the bias whether they want to admit it or not. Those who are busy living life don't have the time to keep up daily with what is going on. That's why it is important to keep getting the message out reminding people that what they see in media needs to be questioned.
Naturally those in media are offended when they get criticized, so they try to defend themselves by telling everyone Trump shouldn't keep being critical of them. The dishonest media isn't denying and in fact admits to the bias. The fact is the media is going to bash Trump no matter what he says. They are trying to control his speech just as they would control speech by all of us with their PC and redefining of definitions.
Yes. Poor baby.

Since when has any president or candidate not had a long list of enemies and people attempting to topple them over ?,,, part of the game darling. Can you hang, Senor Trump?

Old 08-15-2016, 06:09 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,998,484 times
Quote:
Actually there is evidence of a short circuit in your thought process. To be an opponent and a supporter seems to require another dimension, or maybe, a fairy tail where the wings are pulled off the fairy.
When you get done reading Harry Potter, let me know and I'll introduce you to classic literature. You know, the real world...

Old 08-15-2016, 07:12 PM

14,945 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
In other words:
If you don't agree with me then you are a sheep incapable of thinking for yourself :roll eyes:

I've tried reading transcripts of his speeches, halfway through the word salad and wandering off the point I have to give up it is so painful

Just stating the obvious. But sure, you're in that bunch that would much rather lap up the MSM and other left wing b@st @rdized and otherwise fabricated versions of Trump's words because its much more fun for you too, to hurl them as weapons instead of finding out for yourself what the man actually said. Why am I not surprised?

Old 08-16-2016, 11:44 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Just stating the obvious. But sure, you're in that bunch that would much rather lap up the MSM and other left wing b@st @rdized and otherwise fabricated versions of Trump's words because its much more fun for you too, to hurl them as weapons instead of finding out for yourself what the man actually said. Why am I not surprised?
Nah, one just has to run tape of Trump's words and listen.

Old 08-16-2016, 12:14 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Trump supporters scare me based upon Voltaire's quote:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."

Trump supports believe the most absurd statements coming from Trump and defend them and him.
And every time he comes up with a name for any of his opponents, his supporters soon start using it also. He started calling Hillary, Crooked Hillary and they soon take that up, Lyin Ted, low energy Jeb. If he comes out with a new nickname today, they will jump on it right away.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:47 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
I put it in the hamburger press after I wrote it. It should have pick up a little grease and made it easier for them to slip it in the paper somewhere. Is that what a press release is ?
Sarcasm? Since you didn't bother to provide your revelation about the real founders of ISIS to the press, you can't really blame them for not reporting it.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:52 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
In the case of Trump, it's impossible to separate the message from the messenger -- as if Trump himself didn't originate the message that Obama is the founder of ISIS; that Trump himself didn't originate the message attacking the fallen soldier's parent; that Trump himself didn't originate the message claimed that he saw nonexistent footage of money airlifted from the U.S. to Iran; that Trump himself didn't originate the message asking national security advisers why the U.S. can’t use nuclear weapons; etc., etc.

I imagine Trump didn't eject that baby from the rally either -- it was the media.

Trump's message and Trump are one of the same. Trump flag-bearers try to disassociate Trump's embarrassing messages from Trump but they can't. The two are connected at the jaw.

It takes a special kind of Kool-Aid drinker to try to convince others that Trump isn't responsible for the disqualifying messages their candidate pronounces.
I agree with you in general, although I was specifically responding to the post that people who are anti-trump are not interested in secure borders, jobs, etc. Any of trump's good messages are entirely overshadowed by the bad messages that he spews out constantly. The trump followers never seem to have gotten the message that there are others who would work to do things like secure the border, improve vetting of immigrants, create jobs - without the horrendous baggage that trump carries around.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:57 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
I was a Trump supporter at the beginning. Trump hasn't needed the media to taint my overall opinion of him. I have distrusted Hillary from the start.

The media is biased both ways depending on who you listen to. I might as well be voting for either of these two:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections