Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 02:28 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times

Advertisements

we could help ourselves to his loot! Cause we're entitled!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz31E0Kvwag

Old 08-16-2016, 03:36 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
How can anyone defend the death tax? the person paid taxes on the money they made and left the proceeds to their family. How is it morally right to tax a persons wealth twice? The 99% are a bunch of hypocrites if their earnings were taxed twice they would be screaming bloody murder.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:56 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
The liberals look at it different. They see not the 99% but the vast number of the enslaved, those bought with food stamps and obama phones.

Then there are the remainder who must be taxed twice, thrice and as many times as possible to support those bought and paid for with the handouts.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:43 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
If Trump kicked the bucket, imagine all the poop like HilliBilli that would spill out.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:51 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Here is one thing that you are all overlooking.........Hillary and Bill put their money where their mouth is. They certainly paid MORE than their fair share of income taxes this year, so I bet their survivors will pay the correct amount of estate tax too. They are not asking Trump, or you, to do anything they are not willing to do themselves.

That is the one thing no Trumpee can dispute, they paid a Hell of a lot of taxes and didn't try to weasel out of one penny of it...........they released their taxes for all to see. Donald Trump has not, and probably will not, release his, because he knows they show he paid nothing or very little , or that his charitable contributions were not what he claims.

Look, I hate taxes as much as anyone, but that is what the price is to support my portion of America. If you think they are bad here, some other countries would startle you.

Don

Old 08-16-2016, 05:54 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
If Trump kicked the bucket, imagine all the poop like HilliBilli that would spill out.

What ???????

Don

Old 08-16-2016, 06:39 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Here is one thing that you are all overlooking.........Hillary and Bill put their money where their mouth is. They certainly paid MORE than their fair share of income taxes this year, so I bet their survivors will pay the correct amount of estate tax too. They are not asking Trump, or you, to do anything they are not willing to do themselves.

That is the one thing no Trumpee can dispute, they paid a Hell of a lot of taxes and didn't try to weasel out of one penny of it...........they released their taxes for all to see. Donald Trump has not, and probably will not, release his, because he knows they show he paid nothing or very little , or that his charitable contributions were not what he claims.

Look, I hate taxes as much as anyone, but that is what the price is to support my portion of America. If you think they are bad here, some other countries would startle you.

Don
The price to support America would go down if more people had decent paying jobs and we wouldn't need to be taxed as heavily IF everyone was chipping in.

As far as the Clinton "earnings", they reek of corruption. Gee, if I got $500,000 for one speech, I would be OK with "my fair share". Of course, there is the money laundering foundation to help out also.

I have heard plenty of people in that 99% who don't like the death tax and even more who think the Clintons are cheats.

Old 08-16-2016, 06:46 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
How can anyone defend the death tax? the person paid taxes on the money they made and left the proceeds to their family. How is it morally right to tax a persons wealth twice? The 99% are a bunch of hypocrites if their earnings were taxed twice they would be screaming bloody murder.
It's indefensible. It is the most immoral tax on the books. It robs families of what rightfully belongs to them, and I agree with you 100% when you point out that taxes have already been paid on the money when it was earned. This is double taxation, without a doubt.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:07 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Myth 1: The estate tax is best characterized as the “death tax.”
Reality: Everybody dies, but only the richest 2 in 1,000 estates pay any estate tax.
Myth 2: The estate tax forces estates to turn over half of their assets to the government.
Reality: The few estates that pay any estate tax generally pay less than one-sixth of the value of the estate in tax.
Myth 3: Weakening the estate tax wouldn’t significantly worsen the deficit because the tax doesn’t raise much revenue.
Reality: Extending the temporary estate tax cut enacted in 2010 rather than restoring the 2009 rules would add billions of dollars to deficits.
Myth 4: The cost of complying with the estate tax nearly equals the amount of revenue the tax raises.
Reality: The costs of estate tax compliance are relatively modest and are consistent with the costs of complying with other taxes.
Myth 5: Many small, family-owned farms and businesses must be liquidated to pay estate taxes.
Reality: Only a handful of small, family-owned farms and businesses owe any estate tax at all, and virtually none would have to be liquidated to pay the tax.
Myth 6: The estate tax constitutes “double taxation” because it applies to assets that already have been taxed once as income.
Reality: Large estates consist to a large degree of “unrealized” capital gains that have never been taxed; the estate tax is the only means of taxing this income.
Myth 7: If policymakers decide to retain the estate tax, the logical top rate would be 15 percent, the same as the capital gains rate.
Reality: To match the effective tax rate on capital gains, the top estate tax rate would need to be about 45 percent.
Myth 8: Eliminating the estate tax would encourage people to save and thereby make more capital available for investment.
Reality: Eliminating the estate tax would not substantially affect private saving, and it would greatly increase government dissaving (i.e., deficits); as a result, it would more likely reduce the capital available for investment than increase it.
Myth 9: The estate tax unfairly punishes success.
Reality: The estate tax affects only those most able to pay, and the funds it raises help support a range of programs that benefit the nation.
Myth 10: The United States taxes estates more heavily than do other countries.
Reality: Measured as a share of the economy, U.S. estate tax revenues are below the international average for taxes on wealth.

10 Myths About the Estate Tax | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Old 08-16-2016, 08:41 AM

2,251 posts, read 4,915,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post

If he kicked his own bucket, it would not be as Yughe as Hillary's baggage.....lol!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections