Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2016, 07:16 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What leads you to conclude that Democratic policies will result in 'a fall worse than 2007-08,' which wasn't caused by Democratic policies? Listen, Republican policies stem from two avenues. They want low taxes on the rich and don't want regulation on business. We have seen no evidence in all of modern American history when low taxes on the rich have helped the average worker nor the country as a whole and we know that deregulation of business results in 2007-08 excesses and bilking the public.

Democratic policies can be summarized as wanting a modern welfare state in a private-enterprise economy, but one in which the rich are taxed to pay for a social safety net. It's only right, this side believes, for the affluent to help the less fortunate. Democrats also believe that a natural role of government is to regulate business so that business doesn't become monopolistic nor undertake self-interest actions that harm the public at large.

History has shown that Democratic policies help grow the middle-class, reduce inequality and grow the nation as a whole. Saying that there will be an economic collapse if Clinton wins is equal to the baseless claims that the economy will be destroyed if Obama wins -- when the economy is far better now than the economy that we had the moment Obama raised is right hand and said, "I do solemnly swear."

But I can see we have drifted far off topic. There still is nothing to show that the media has lied about ANYTHING related to Trump. Trump is whining about matters that are all his own doing. The media is merely reporting on his farce.
There will be economic ebbs and flows in the future and it may well be due to an international banking conspiracy, part of the endless game of robber barons and peasants that's been going on since the Magna Carta. What do I know?

But I do know that things go better economically speaking when a Democrat is President. Eisenhower was the last Republican who left the nation in better shape than he found it. It's no wonder Bob Dole still wears his I-Like-Ike button.

Why shouldn't the rich be taxed to pay for defense, for the social safety net, for infrastructure... Good grief, they get more out of it than the rest of us.

Imagine living in the U.S. is like living in a huge hotel. Wouldn't the guests in the penthouse suite be paying more than those in the double-queen rooms?

And since they generally benefit more from the social safety net that supports their employees (maids, gardeners, janitors, Walmart cashiers...), why shouldn't they pitch in more?

The idea that the rich will leave if we tax their income is a concern. But there will be others to take their place who do like living and doing business in the U.S.

But you are right, back to the topic at hand. Since nearly every news piece is accompanied by a video of Mr. Trump saying the exact words he is accused of saying, hard to see how to make a charge of lying stick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 07:42 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Do you think posts like this make you sound smart?
Hillary is a traitor selling uranium to Russia for money.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:54 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplugnw View Post
How can people not see that the media is full of it, people seem to be still think they are actually telling the truth. but who do you think will win in nov ?
If the media is that powerful, then it was a tactical mistake for Trump to antagonize and renounce the MSM. His strategy was and is to be controversial, and the MSM gladly accomodates. Only himself to blame.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:56 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
How can people not see that the media is full of it, people seem to be still think they are actually telling the truth. but who do you think will win in nov ?
The "media" doesn't need to lie about Trump. Seriously. All they have to do is play video of his latest stupid remarks. No commentary needed.

Trump seems to be perpetually stuck on stupid.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:12 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Untrue.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Talking I get it...

Quote:
How can people not see that the media is full of it, people seem to be still think they are actually telling the truth.
The media reporting on Drumpf's daily "pants on fire" lies upsets the RWNJs.

They can always turn to WND, Alex Jones or Breitbart for their "news."

Quote:
but who do you think will win in nov ?
Dems win.

Probably big.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:17 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Lol, I hear she was on the grassy knoll. With Rafael Cruz, Sr.

Mick

Old 08-17-2016, 08:19 AM

2,035 posts, read 3,349,149 times
Clinton.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:22 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Lol, I hear she was on the grassy knoll. With Rafael Cruz, Sr.

Mick
For sure she was involved in the Lincoln assassination. I read it on info wars.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:30 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times
Quote:
I swear, the Trumplings make up the weirdest assertions.

Why would Russia even come looking to the U.S. for uranium? They produce more of it than we do. More to the point, close Russian ally and former Soviet Republic Kazakhstan mines by far the most uranium in the world - more than 1/3rd of the global annual total.

See, it helps if your wild-eyed and baseless claims at least make some sort of theoretical sense...

[As an aside, it's entertaining to see the Trumpletariat getting all worked up over something involving Putin's Russia, given the boundless admiration which Trump has Putin and the things he does, such as killing journalists.]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections