Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 03:15 PM

121 posts, read 74,692 times

Advertisements

Well, who cares if Powell "told her" to do this or that? It was her own decision to do so, not his. Tacky of her to throw him under the bus.

I was letting this Email thing slide at first, but the fact she's blaming someone else for her stupid move makes me dislike her. Still not voting for Trump, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 03:25 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
I served under GEN Powell three times and can't imagine that he would do what Hiliary did. He was careful and measured in what he did. He followed the rules and made sure his subordinates did.

He set a high standard. He might have had a state dept issued and managed blackberry where he would contact action officers directly. That sounds like him.

But no way a private in his basement set up
He used an AOL e-mail account.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Who to believe, Powell or Hillary?
I'm going to have to go with Powell.
Where Powell says he sent an e-mail telling her about using an AOL e-mail account and how it was all so very efficient? POWELL says he sent her an e-mail. POWELL.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:30 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
The more important question that no one is asking: Which Republican leaked classified information? That's illegal, you know?

Old 08-19-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larali View Post
Well, who cares if Powell "told her" to do this or that? It was her own decision to do so, not his. Tacky of her to throw him under the bus.

I was letting this Email thing slide at first, but the fact she's blaming someone else for her stupid move makes me dislike her. Still not voting for Trump, though.
She's not blaming him. First of all, this story isn't based on her testimony to the FBI. This story is based on a writer who's releasing a book on Bill Clinton. It's in HIS book that this dinner party happened, and that Powell advised keeping a personal e-mail account. Powell doesn't recall the dinner party conversation, but he does remember sending Clinton an e-mail on how he set up his e-mail accounts. A government e-mail account and a personal e-mail account. We don't know what Clinton told the FBI, but in the context of following a previous Secretary of State's example, this isn't throwing anyone under the bus, or blaming anyone. Clinton was pre-disposed to having a personal e-mail account, since she'd had one while a Senator, and Powell had one while he was Secretary of State and he thought it was a good way to handle things. If I'd been Clinton, I'm pretty sure I would have opted for a private server rather than an AOL account, too.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:34 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
He used an AOL e-mail account.
So did I they were under govt contract. issued and paid for by the Army. Army IT monitored. No classified allowed. That is why I doubt he advised her. Just seems out of character

I didn't mean state dept used its own developed iOS

Old 08-19-2016, 03:37 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
The thing I find remarkable is the Sec Albright had a dinner party for all former SOS to share info. And they did.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:06 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
PARAGRAPH THREE:

"He did write Secretary Clinton an email memo describing his use of his personal AOL email account for unclassified messages and how it vastly improved communications within the State Department," his statement said.

Nice try though!
So he sent her an email that said he used an unclassified email system for unclassified material... and she took that to mean 'set up your own unsecure server in your basement and use it for top secret communications'...

Hillary is a pathological liar.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:18 PM

3,331 posts, read 1,963,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
When I first read about what she said about Powell, it surprised me. Then I thought that she was lying and throwing him under the bus.
Exactly right. Why drag Powell into it other than to deflect attention from her crime?

Old 08-19-2016, 04:43 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Exactly right. Why drag Powell into it other than to deflect attention from her crime?
Like a child "but colin did it too"
Quote:
Clinton has frequently made what critics describe as misleading comparisons between her use of a personal email account and Powell's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections