Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 08:28 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Bill Clinton took credit for an economic boom, which took place when he signed off on conservative economic theories. Slowing the growth of government, leaving more money in the economy, while slashing welfare and taxes..

But now the left, like to somehow believe that the opposite government actions, like high welfare, high taxes etc, lead to prosperity. The lefts idiotic thinking is stupid..
The left, in its defense, isn't really offering prosperity or economic growth. They're smart enough to know there is 0 chance their economic malarkey would lead to that. They're playing to peoples' most base and primal instincts such as envy and class warfare.

The left is not stupid. The left openly proposes policy that will run the country into the ground and still wins elections (at least Presidential) going away. The left lies to women, minorities, and many others and those people believe their lies. If the left were as stupid as you think, it wouldn't be this successful.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Explain how republican/conservative economic policy would benefit society at large.

PS: It's not difficult.
There is no need to explain why allowing people to keep what they've earned, benefits "society" at large..

What is mine, isnt yours.. period.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:32 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,619 times
Quote:
Government employee, voting for more government, SURPRISE!

not

But thanks for showing us how much "black women" hate.. bravo..

And---------- if you were read your history you will find that government work was frequently a major stepping stone for a whole bunch of white immigrants to help achieve the middle class standard.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:32 PM

465 posts, read 256,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
In context (which was omitted in the OP), with his new slogan, if I were a middle or upper class educated black person (and I know a quite a few), I would be offended. I don't think Trump v.3 will fool many people.

In fact, I saw an interview with a black woman who said she thought he was putting all blacks into one big monolithic stereotyped group.

He has refused to speak to black organizations, he started that whole idiotic birther thing (often viewed as simply racist) and bashes the first black president rudely and often (in addition to making up lies about Obama).

He does not have a great history of caring about minorities in general and has been sued for discrimination in the past. He seems to think he can all of a sudden get the same people he has treated badly to vote for him--I don't think they are stupid or naive enough to believe his new pandering.

"...You live in poverty," he said. "Your schools are no good. You have no jobs. What the hell do you have to lose?"

A Democratic state representative from Detroit said he was not impressed with Trump's broad-brush message. "Anyone can tell you what the problem is," said Rep. Wendell Byrd, D-Detroit, who represents the 3rd House District. "The one you want to hire is the one who can tell you how to come in and fix the problem..."

Donald Trump woos black voters: 'What the hell do you have to lose?'

Trump Shows Why He Gets 1% African-American Support By Giving The Worst Pitch In History
He basically said, "All you Negros are poor, dumb, and jobless. Vote for me!"

How well do you think this went over with gainfully employed, college educated Black people like myself (and pretty much every other Black person I know)?

Not well. Trump and his ilk can kick rocks with no socks.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
The left, in its defense, isn't really offering prosperity or economic growth. They're smart enough to know there is 0 chance their economic malarkey would lead to that. They're playing to peoples' most base and primal instincts such as envy and class warfare.

The left is not stupid. The left openly proposes policy that will run the country into the ground and still wins elections (at least Presidential) going away. The left lies to women, minorities, and many others and those people believe their lies. If the left were as stupid as you think, it wouldn't be this successful.
But the left did offer prosperity and economic growth, their whole stimulus bill for example, was to growth the economy, they even sold ACA on reducing the need of businesses to manage healthcare, thereby freeing up business expenses and allowing them to grow, thus growing the economy, which is an argument that I would have agreed with, if only it did that.

It really depends on what segment of society they are targeting. They do play economic growth and prosperity lies to the middle class, while also promising their welfare base that by taking from the rich, they will be somehow better off..

Playing class warfare, and promising economic growth and prosperity, even though their policies do just the opposite, are not mutually exclusive

Old 08-19-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post
And---------- if you were read your history you will find that government work was frequently a major stepping stone for a whole bunch of white immigrants to help achieve the middle class standard.
Bull ****. government standards establish poverty standards, those who achieve "middle" class, if they arent a government employee, do so due to the availability of work, which come as a result of capitalism.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
He basically said, "All you Negros are poor, dumb, and jobless. Vote for me!"

How well do you think this went over with gainfully employed, college educated Black people like myself (and pretty much every other Black person I know)?

Not well. Trump and his ilk can kick rocks with no socks.
What Trump did was point out that government policies which promise these people a better way of life, actually create and perpetuate poverty. Color of skin, has absolutely NOTHING to do with economics.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:40 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
See, if you insult and attack Obama all day long, you will never ever have any significant amount of support of African-Americans. Whether Trump fans realize it or not, most everyone looks up to Obama in the African-American community. He got 93% and 95% of the black votes in 2008 and 2012. His approval rating among blacks is well over 90%. He will always be the first African-American President . . . . they will always remember the excitement and jubilation in 2008 . . . no one can change their mind about Obama, really.

You knock their hero, in their view, in unfair and racist ways and that would ensure that you would never get any significant amount of support from black voters.

No one seemed to have focused on this aspect in the media.

Mick

Old 08-19-2016, 08:44 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times
Quote:
What Trump did was point out that government policies which promise these people a better way of life, actually create and perpetuate poverty. Color of skin, has absolutely NOTHING to do with economics.
This, I agree with. I really dislike the 'What are you going to do to help the XYZ community?' question, be it black, hispanic, female, etc.

The reason I hate this line of thinking is that politicians create laws so, in order to help a certain community, they'd have to introduce sexism/bias/racism into the statute.

To help a targeted group, government would have to introduce a policy such as no payroll taxes for black/female/hispanic employees, which would be difficult to pass (assuming it's even constitutional). I've thought about this (What could government do to specifically help XYZ group?) and it's quite difficult on a targeted basis. My suggestion would be to free the economy, which would lead to an improvement in most peoples' outcomes.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:49 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Heard his new slogan? What you think folks ?
Its pathetic and sad when your last resort selling yourself to the American people is asking "what the hell do you have to lose?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections