Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 12:32 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Another NYT hit piece, aimed at the uninformed masses. All it talks about are the loans, without taking into account the assets. The real estate business is completely different than owning a company like IBM. As a small real estate investor, I can tell you that the more "debt" I have access to, the more money I make. That goes with the territory. If I owe $1M on a property worth $2M, sure, I am a million dollars in debt, but I also own a million dollars in assets. For this disengenuous article to cite loan after loan without including the value of the assets, makes me believe that the author only wrote the article to bash Trump.
I think the thing is... no one can tell because he keeps all his stuff pretty secret, won't release tax returns, won't allow independent evaluations his balance sheet, and so on. So we just really have no idea where his ties all go and what kind of influence he's going to play for the benefit of his business operations when President.

You know, kinda like the same thing with Hillary and the Clinton Foundation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 12:51 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
I don't bother reading the articles posted by Hillary's supporters, I think many have stopped. None deal with the issues that are critical to our country and the position of POTUS is about that. The crap posted doesn't even deal with personal issues that Trump would have that would impact him on the job as POTUS.

Most of us focused on the election are focused on the issues that face the country with Trump being the only candidate that was willing to put them front and center.

Old 08-20-2016, 01:09 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,596,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't bother reading the articles posted by Hillary's supporters, I think many have stopped. None deal with the issues that are critical to our country and the position of POTUS is about that. The crap posted doesn't even deal with personal issues that Trump would have that would impact him on the job as POTUS.

Most of us focused on the election are focused on the issues that face the country with Trump being the only candidate that was willing to put them front and center.
Bury your head in the sand. Dont see the information that casts your savior as a con man. Like Romney stated and other RNC people have already stated.

Old 08-20-2016, 01:11 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,545,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

I think that understanding potential conflicts of interest is pretty important for any position that involves decision-making, and the bigger the decisions, the more important it is.

Old 08-20-2016, 01:24 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Quote:
Another NYT hit piece, aimed at the uninformed masses. All it talks about are the loans, without taking into account the assets. The real estate business is completely different than owning a company like IBM. As a small real estate investor, I can tell you that the more "debt" I have access to, the more money I make. That goes with the territory. If I owe $1M on a property worth $2M, sure, I am a million dollars in debt, but I also own a million dollars in assets. For this disengenuous article to cite loan after loan without including the value of the assets, makes me believe that the author only wrote the article to bash Trump.
Sorry but the uninformed masses are not NYT readers. They can be found reading their favorites, NYDN, NYP, or Trumps favorite The National Inquirer.

If you're going to accuse people of being uninformed readers, look no further than the Red State Conservative voters.

Some may agree that Trump is a successful RE businessman of dubious ethics but that in no way qualifies him to be POTUS.
His racist rants, name calling and 5th grader antics along with is proclamation that he knows more about how our government including military, secret service surveillance works then those people doing those jobs is totally BS.

He is qualified to do just what he is doing, talking BS and getting non thinkers to believe in him. He is doing a good job at that.

BTW Hillary is not much better but at least she is not bat **** crazy.

Old 08-20-2016, 01:41 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
How well are the businesses that Hillary started doing? Or for that matter, the ones she managed?

Old 08-20-2016, 02:39 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
...is lying BIG LEAGUE about the actual financial health of his many enterprises.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/us...=headline&_r=0

He's a fraud. Majority of us (see polls) know it. Hell be gone in November, thank you very much.

Old 08-20-2016, 02:46 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Sorry but the uninformed masses are not NYT readers. They can be found reading their favorites, NYDN, NYP, or Trumps favorite The National Inquirer.

If you're going to accuse people of being uninformed readers, look no further than the Red State Conservative voters.

Some may agree that Trump is a successful RE businessman of dubious ethics but that in no way qualifies him to be POTUS.
His racist rants, name calling and 5th grader antics along with is proclamation that he knows more about how our government including military, secret service surveillance works then those people doing those jobs is totally BS.

He is qualified to do just what he is doing, talking BS and getting non thinkers to believe in him. He is doing a good job at that.

BTW Hillary is not much better but at least she is not bat **** crazy.
Yes. If you read the NYT, you MUST be intelligent. I forgot.

How about, "the liberally-inclined, unquestioning of all things anti-Trump, masses".

Better?

Old 08-20-2016, 02:47 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Default Trump up to his eyeballs in debt. Lied on campaign forms about it.

Trump owes millions and millions. He truly is the king of debt. And he listed only about half of it on his campaign forms. He is indebted to the very people he has been blasting on the campaign trail. He criticized Cruz for taking a loan from Goldman Sachs and said Cruz was therefore beholden to them, but he owes Goldman and the Bank of China (yes!) nearly a billion dollar. This is likely just the tip of the iceberg. Where are those tax returns?

Report: Donald Trump's companies at least $650 million in debt - CBS News

Old 08-20-2016, 02:52 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Yes. If you read the NYT, you MUST be intelligent. I forgot.

How about, "the liberally-inclined, unquestioning of all things anti-Trump, masses".

Better?
The NYT and WSJ are two of the best, if not the best, newspapers in the country. Why don't you like them (NYT)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections