Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 11:41 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,488,293 times

Advertisements

With the 2016 elections in full swing, people are thinking that it makes a big difference which candidate gets elected. This mass hysteria is planned and promoted. In reality, your life will be less affected by any political candidate - by far - than by your individual decisions regarding your own lifestyle.

Those are the "votes" that will really count. Are you tired of hearing others whining and moaning about the way things are, the way they wish they could be, how unfair it all is, yada yada? I know I am.

What sort of vote will have a more profound effect on your life than the ballot? Your money and your chosen location. If you don't like GMOs or high fructose corn syrup in your food, don't buy that stuff. Not happy with the high taxes or restrictive regulations where you live? Move away.

If you don't like ethanol in your gas, don't buy it at a regular gas station. Or, switch to diesel. How you spend your money can literally change the world! Governments and corporations are all competing for your dollars. Counties and municipalities are all competing for your residency and your tax dollars. If everyone moves away, that is a big vote of no-confidence. If you don't like the gun laws in your state, move to a different one!

Stop trying to vote in those changes. It'll never work. Vote with your wallet and your feet. That works!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 04:04 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,636 times
Those changes are made by the courts, so voting does work but only in one direction .... the wrong direction.

Now is a good time to get a good cheap Volkswagen.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:17 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
FYI - volkswagens are no longer cheap. They are collectors items. My old pop top that I sold in the 80's for $900 and thought I suckered the guy, I saw one restored the other day for $28,000!

Old 08-20-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
.... so voting does work but only in one direction .... the wrong direction.
That's why I say, take the matter into your own hands, and withdraw your money from them!

Old 08-20-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
FYI - volkswagens are no longer cheap. They are collectors items. My old pop top that I sold in the 80's for $900 and thought I suckered the guy, I saw one restored the other day for $28,000!
LOL, with all the emission stuff going on the modern ones seemed to have dropped in price to me. But yes, a lot of older cars can bring big bucks when restored good.

I'm thinking about breaking out my Atari and games (many unopened) and auction them off. Seems Pitfall can fetch thousands now-a-days .... but that's another topic.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
That's why I say, take the matter into your own hands, and withdraw your money from them!
Yes, I have to much money in the bank and to much in stocks. I have stopped adding to my stocks and bought a little silver. I like having the income from the stocks but one of these days that is going to dry up with all the value. I'm not sure what to do on the stocks right now. I want to sell them but all that income is hard to replace. I'm sort of stuck.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
I'm not sure what to do on the stocks right now. I want to sell them but all that income is hard to replace. I'm sort of stuck.
Oh, I didn't say to sell your stocks!

I'm just suggesting that if people stop buying foods and other things they disapprove of, the manufacturers of that stuff will have to either change it, or lose market share.

And if you live in Kalifornia or Con-ecticut, where the gun laws are ridiculous....you can't vote that stuff out. Be nice if you could, but a better solution is to move out and deny them your tax dollars!

Old 08-20-2016, 05:34 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
With the 2016 elections in full swing, people are thinking that it makes a big difference which candidate gets elected. This mass hysteria is planned and promoted. In reality, your life will be less affected by any political candidate - by far - than by your individual decisions regarding your own lifestyle.

Those are the "votes" that will really count. Are you tired of hearing others whining and moaning about the way things are, the way they wish they could be, how unfair it all is, yada yada? I know I am.

What sort of vote will have a more profound effect on your life than the ballot? Your money and your chosen location. If you don't like GMOs or high fructose corn syrup in your food, don't buy that stuff. Not happy with the high taxes or restrictive regulations where you live? Move away.

If you don't like ethanol in your gas, don't buy it at a regular gas station. Or, switch to diesel. How you spend your money can literally change the world! Governments and corporations are all competing for your dollars. Counties and municipalities are all competing for your residency and your tax dollars. If everyone moves away, that is a big vote of no-confidence. If you don't like the gun laws in your state, move to a different one!

Stop trying to vote in those changes. It'll never work. Vote with your wallet and your feet. That works!
People aren't that stupid. They realize that staying home is a vote for Hillary Clinton. The remainder of your post was nothing more than filler. This is your second post on the subject. I don't know if you have made additional posts elsewhere.

You've made it very clear previously that your children and grandchildren are liberal. You actually bragged about prepaying your grandchildrens' tuition in a government junior college.

I remember well your attempt to remove gun topics from this forum. You bragged to me in a PM that you had a captive moderator. Note; if anyone wishes to read that PM, just ask me publicly or privately. I'll be happy to forward it to you.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:55 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
Yes it works. Examples of consumer activity effecting change include Walmart moving to source more US made products, McDonalds free range chicken, and Ringling Bros removing elephants from its shows.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
People aren't that stupid. They realize that staying home is a vote for Hillary Clinton. The remainder of your post was nothing more than filler. This is your second post on the subject. I don't know if you have made additional posts elsewhere.

You've made it very clear previously that your children and grandchildren are liberal. You actually bragged about prepaying your grandchildrens' tuition in a government junior college.

I remember well your attempt to remove gun topics from this forum. You bragged to me in a PM that you had a captive moderator. Note; if anyone wishes to read that PM, just ask me publicly or privately. I'll be happy to forward it to you.
You are being chased around by the bogey-liberal in your head!

This is not a political thread. Stop trying to turn it into one. This is a thread about how the ordinary guy can improve his life by non-political means; mainly by withdrawing his money from corrupt global interests, and withdrawing his residency from corrupt local governments. This activity can change people's lives for the better; voting in November certainly won't.

You really should get back on your meds. Eh...go get a flu shot or something. Maybe it'll kill off whatever is "bugging" you this time.

Last edited by Nor'Eastah; 08-20-2016 at 10:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections