Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 04:30 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
That is what I was thinking but intentionally asked a non-leading question. I agree 100% that the (D) party is no longer a pro-America party. If you paid me to implement policy designed to turn America into a 3rd world hellhole, my policy proposals wouldn't differ much from what the (D) party is doing/proposing.
Give specific examples of how the Democrats are anti-America.

This should be good....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 04:34 PM

1,043 posts, read 899,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Give specific examples of how the Democrats are anti-America.

This should be good....

1. Clinton and Kaine have supported TPP - American jobs lost

2. Clinton wants to increase Syrian Refugee immigration - many have been involved in violence against their host countries and raping and groping woman. Not to mention they think gays should be killed. - Against American values

3. Taking money from Saudi Arabia - a country with known ties to terrorism. Against America

Probably more

Old 08-20-2016, 04:38 PM

4,255 posts, read 5,936,716 times
I'm not gay. I've been for gay marriage for a long time, although I have to admit I am ambivalent about the Supreme Court decision's potential impact on religious freedom.

But if the cost of blocking a liberal Supreme Court from shoving transgender madness down our throats (e.g., a person with a penis can be a woman on his own say so, and you better not question that in the workplace) is reversing things on gay marriage, I'd be okay with that. I also am strongly in favor of the second ammendment. I just don't know any more if I even want a liberal Supreme Court, even while finding the Citizens United decision outrageous.

The transgender movement has ridden the political back of gays and lesbians, and I think the latter have made a mistake in largely going along with that linkage. You haven't become more powerful because of the additional letter (or letters), you've potentially been weakened. Because at some point, I hope, people will wake up to the asburdity of the bill of goods we have been sold by the transgender activists, many of whom insist that we deny reality and fetishize subjective "gender" identity as sacrosanct and more important than biology.

https://4thwavenow.com/

Old 08-20-2016, 04:38 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times
Quote:
Oh he did not, that's a complete fabrication. Closing loopholes and tightening rules is hardly the same as bans and confiscations. The fact that the murder of dozens of kids couldn't get even a half-*ssed measure passed says a lot about American culture. It's disgustingly twisted at times. How anyone can be totally fine with 30,000 deaths a year and consider themselves a moral, rational person is beyond me.
Nobody died at Sandy Hook.

How about some colorful snacks? LE even peels a banana. And they shoot the breeze, at what appears to be a multi-agency drill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3DO_674-Qo

(@1:33:00 somebody walks up to the buffet with a big grin on his face.)

And a rearranged line formation (is this what was redacted from the above dashcam footage?):
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-svhuGN1m_6...over_email.jpg

Quote:
Closing loopholes and tightening rules is hardly the same as bans and confiscations.
The conscious decision by a liberty-minded Congress to prevent the state from building an inventory registry on gun owners, with the potential for state confiscation the sole reason--is not a "loophole."

Last edited by mm4; 08-20-2016 at 04:52 PM..

Old 08-20-2016, 04:40 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Please explain how Trump is honest.

Mick
He speaks the truth...that's honestly.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:42 PM

4,255 posts, read 5,936,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Nobody died at Sandy Hook.
I was thinking of posting something similar.

There's no good evidence that children were killed at Sandy Hook and lots of evidence to the contrary. Fetzer generally does good work, though that edited volume is uneven. Well worth reading though.

You've seen this photo before:

http://www.veteranstoday.com/wp-cont...Sandy-Hook.jpg

Oddly, there's a variant, with adults standing around watching:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Tk6UI_i4buA/hqdefault.jpg

(I think this is what mm4 was referring to.)

Crying "conspiracy theory" is not an argument.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
1. Clinton and Kaine have supported TPP - American jobs lost

2. Clinton wants to increase Syrian Refugee immigration - many have been involved in violence against their host countries and raping and groping woman. Not to mention they think gays should be killed. - Against American values

3. Taking money from Saudi Arabia - a country with known ties to terrorism. Against America

Probably more
Can you please give a detailed analysis of how TPP is bad and what provisions within it are bad? Further, how do you propose that America compete economically on a global scale if it does not make trade deals with global partners? Also, what is America's rank economically compared to other global powers?

Actually, there has been virtually no violence associated with Syrian refugees. The terrorist attacks in Europe of recent months have been almost exclusively committed by native born citizens. Also, there are already Syrians in America, and they have not done anything. And the vetting process for them is at least 2 years long and quite extensive. There is no proposal, by Hillary or anyone else, that would allow them in without an extensive vetting process.
Finally, since America is literally an immigrant nation, how is it specifically anti-American to continue being an immigrant nation?
Oh, and please don't talk about treating gays well when you support an American party that thinks that being gay is akin to pedophilia or having sex with farm animals.

The US has ties to terrorism as well. It supplied billions of dollars and tons of arms to many nations and people that went on to do pretty terrible sh_t, and was even on somewhat amiable terms with Osama Bin Laden at one point. Does that mean that if Trump becomes president and accepts a salary, he is being supported by a terrorist nation? Is that the kind of weird association game we're playing? Also, can you provide links to specific payments made to Hillary from SA and what those payments were for? Thanks.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:50 PM

1,043 posts, read 899,582 times
Quote:
Can you please give a detailed analysis of how TPP is bad and what provisions within it are bad? Further, how do you propose that America compete economically on a global scale if it does not make trade deals with global partners? Also, what is America's rank economically compared to other global powers?

Actually, there has been virtually no violence associated with Syrian refugees. The terrorist attacks in Europe of recent months have been almost exclusively committed by native born citizens. Also, there are already Syrians in America, and they have not done anything. And the vetting process for them is at least 2 years long and quite extensive. There is no proposal, by Hillary or anyone else, that would allow them in without an extensive vetting process.
Finally, since America is literally an immigrant nation, how is it specifically anti-American to continue being an immigrant nation?
Oh, and please don't talk about treating gays well when you support an American party that thinks that being gay is akin to pedophilia or having sex with farm animals.

The US has ties to terrorism as well. It supplied billions of dollars and tons of arms to many nations and people that went on to do pretty terrible sh_t, and was even on somewhat amiable terms with Osama Bin Laden at one point. Does that mean that if Trump becomes president and accepts a salary, he is being supported by a terrorist nation? Is that the kind of weird association game we're playing? Also, can you provide links to specific payments made to Hillary from SA and what those payments were for? Thanks.
I'm not going to waste much time of energy on responding. I have already said why I hate the TPP in numerous posts so search for my posts if you can't figure out why its bad for yourself.
If its so good - how come Hillary hasn't said a peep about the positive implications of it?

If you actually believe the refugees have not been involved in terrorism (both physical attacks and sexual attacks against woman) than you don't follow the news.
Some examples off the top of my head - hundreds of girls groped and rape on NYE in Cologne, 17 year old with ax on German train, woman raped after taking in refugee. Not to mention the little girl that was raped and urinated on by refugees in Utah.

You Hillary supporters just refuse to accept the reality of the situation. No convincing some of you.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:50 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times
This is also a standard reference:

INDEPENDENT MEDIA SOLIDARITY | A Loose Knit Group of Independent Journalists

Old 08-20-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post
I'm not gay. I've been for gay marriage for a long time, although I have to admit I am ambivalent about the Supreme Court decision's potential impact on religious freedom.

But if the cost of blocking a liberal Supreme Court from shoving transgender madness down our throats (e.g., a person with a penis can be a woman on his own say so, and you better not question that in the workplace) is reversing things on gay marriage, I'd be okay with that. I also am strongly in favor of the second ammendment. I just don't know any more if I even want a liberal Supreme Court, even while finding the Citizens United decision outrageous.

The transgender movement has ridden the political back of gays and lesbians, and I think the latter have made a mistake in largely going along with that linkage. You haven't become more powerful because of the additional letter (or letters), you've potentially been weakened. Because at some point, I hope, people will wake up to the asburdity of the bill of goods we have been sold by the transgender activists, many of whom insist that we deny reality and fetishize subjective "gender" identity as sacrosanct and more important than biology.

https://4thwavenow.com/

So you want a cookie for being for gay marriage, but you're not for it enough to care if it was reversed. Further, you seem to hope it is just so they can punish transgendered people (whom you clearly don't know a thing about- it is an actual thing, you know) out of some kind of spite. My! What an absolutely ringing endorsement!

But yeah, Republicans are all about equality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections