Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 08:02 PM

1,050 posts, read 698,517 times

Advertisements

Granting citizenship doesn't by default mean we won't have or can't have immigration reform.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:10 PM

62,934 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
No, I'm not. Why do you think the GOP never actually does anything about the issue? Because beyond the base that's wild over the idea the vast majority of Americans don't agree with it. There is simply not enough political will over it. So why continue with the fantasy that it's going to happen?

In U.S., 65% Favor Path to Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants

Broad Public Support for Legal Status for Undocumented Immigrants | Pew Research Center

Exit Polls: GOP Primary Voters Say They Support 'Amnesty' | The Daily Caller

PRRI

From your first source. "The poll included larger samples of blacks and Hispanics. Immigration is of special significance to Hispanics, about half of whom are immigrants themselves, according to the poll". Polls can be skewered to gain the desired results. Your second source interchanges illegal aliens with "immigrants" which confuses the issue. I stopped right there.

Why do you think that Trump has so much support? It is mostly due to his stance on illegal immigration. Americans are fed up and want these law breaking invaders out of our country and illegal immigration stopped once and for all.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:20 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
From your first source. "The poll included larger samples of blacks and Hispanics. Immigration is of special significance to Hispanics, about half of whom are immigrants themselves, according to the poll".

I stopped right there. Why do you think that Trump has so much support? It is mostly due to his stance on illegal immigration. Americans are fed up and want these law breaking invaders out of our country and illegal immigration stopped once and for all.
Blacks and Hispanics aren't American enough for this poster.

Americans are absolutely NOT in favor of mass deporting 11 million undocumented immigrants. Survey after survey shows that they favor the exact opposite, a path to citizenship.

Quit trying to project your hate onto America as a whole, you're in no position to do so.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:22 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
If Trump is going to lose so handily to Clinton, why does the left go nuts trying to post the most stupid things about him? If they were confident, wouldn't they quietly sit back and not be so damn worried? I think they know it's over for them in spite of their false bravado, fake polls, etc.
^^^^I've asked the anti-Trumps this question many times. All I get in response is crickets chirping. One would think that if they are so sure that Hillary will win, they wouldn't be wasting their time posting nonsense about Trump. However, they seem to have very bad cases of Trump Derangement Syndrome and, I suppose, they just can't help themselves.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:38 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^I've asked the anti-Trumps this question many times. All I get in response is crickets chirping. One would think that if they are so sure that Hillary will win, they wouldn't be wasting their time posting nonsense about Trump. However, they seem to have very bad cases of Trump Derangement Syndrome and, I suppose, they just can't help themselves.
I think our morbid curiosities preclude us from looking away, or in this case, posting/talking about it.

Everybody loves a good train wreck.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:40 PM

23,545 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Link please, and not from some Hispanics present there who are just wishful thinking or spinning Trump's position to fit their agenda.
Crickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Opps!

Ive suspected for some time now that Trump has been playing the "alt-right" White nationalists for fools ever since it was widely reported that he told the NYT editorial board that he was putting on a show to con the rubes with his supposed hard line stances on illegal immigration, Muslims, etc.

Trumpkins must be devastated right now
How can an off-the-record conversation that was never released by the NYT or by Trump be widely reported?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
If Trump is going to lose so handily to Clinton, why does the left go nuts trying to post the most stupid things about him? If they were confident, wouldn't they quietly sit back and not be so damn worried? I think they know it's over for them in spite of their false bravado, fake polls, etc.
Yep.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
From your first source. "The poll included larger samples of blacks and Hispanics. Immigration is of special significance to Hispanics, about half of whom are immigrants themselves, according to the poll". Polls can be skewered to gain the desired results. Your second source interchanges illegal aliens with "immigrants" which confuses the issue. I stopped right there.
I noticed those points too. The first source also interchanged illegals with immigrants. Plus, the first source stated that the poll was based responses from Adults in the US, with no mention of them being actual citizens (I didn't notice what Pew had to say regarding who they got their responses from, since I quit reading when they began interchanging illegals with immigrants).

Quote:
Why do you think that Trump has so much support? It is mostly due to his stance on illegal immigration. Americans are fed up and want these law breaking invaders out of our country and illegal immigration stopped once and for all.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:53 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I think our morbid curiosities preclude us from looking away, or in this case, posting/talking about it.

Everybody loves a good train wreck.

You must be very bored. How sad.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:30 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

You must be very bored. How sad.
Nope, but like I said, it's like a train wreck that you can't look away from. Week after week Trump does or says something stupid, or crazy, or both. Normally, that would be par for the course, but Trump is managing to repel traditional GOP voters.

However, this election will be of historical importance regardless who wins.

1. If Clinton win is she will be the first Democrat to succeed another Democrat since 1856.
2. Clinton would also be the first female President, but admittedly, that might be a little debatable.
3. If Trump wins he will be the first candidate to ever come back after being down in the polls post convention.
4. Clinton and Trump are viewed as the least favorable candidates to ever run, so to have them running against each other is quite intriguing.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
trump admitted in that nyt leaked audio that the wall wasnt going to happen
And yet you've posted no proof of what you're claiming he said in that off-the-record conversation
Prove it by posting the link to the audio where Trump admitted the wall wasn't going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections