Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 05:47 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
not voting for Hillary, but maybe third party of libertarian party?

It appears Trump is softening on his main platform, immigration, which was a huge appeal to his supporters.

Trump says he will introduce reforms to legalize some undocumented immigrants - Univision
Why do you want to waste your for vote for someone EVERYBODY KNOWS will NOT win?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 06:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Why do you want to waste your for vote for someone EVERYBODY KNOWS will NOT win?
Because you can't stand the other options? You know the answer to this.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:41 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Regarding the Trump supporters I know personally, they still support him although most now admit that he will probably lose.

Will they still vote for him when the curtain closes? We'll find out in 78 days. I think it's more likely that they won't show up at all than they are to vote for Johnson or someone else.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:45 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
From the article:

"The campaign has so far not provided details of the plan, and Trump spokesman Steven Cheung, said in a statement that Trump's position remains unchanged on immigration.

"Mr Trump said nothing today that he hasn't said many times before ... enforce our immigration laws, uphold the Constitution and be fair and humane while putting American workers first,” Cheung said."

Old 08-21-2016, 08:50 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,221,735 times
Trump is not an ideologue. If you notice, he is meeting and talking with a lot of people to gather information and adjust his positions. Not a bad thing to listen to your customers. Good lessons learned from business experience.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:51 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Then I guess you're not voting for Trump?

Old 08-21-2016, 08:53 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Except he is not corrupted in the way Hilary is corrupted.
Yes I still vote for Trump.
Lol right, ties to the Russian oligarchy to help run his campaign isn't corrupt at all.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:59 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Trump supporters love the demagoguery and like being told that they're discriminatory beliefs have worth. So I can't imagine any of them changing their support. They represent the absolute bottom of humanity, and if they had any morality or ability to reason whatsoever, they never would've supported him in the first place. The people who don't like Hillary don't have to pick Trump, so choosing Trump shows the type of people they really are.
Personally, I'll never again respect any people I know that supported Trump, regardless of the outcome of the election. It's been incredibly disheartening to see people I know support him. None of them were liberal to begin with, but it's always surprising, and rather sad, to see someone's true colors on display. You think you know people... Ultimately, the bottom line is that I don't associate with racists/bigots in real life if I can help it.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:06 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
It's a valid question, OP.

I think it would be difficult for a lot of people to admit they're switching from him, as there seems to be a rabid defense of him that's hard to go back on. I suspect that some Trump fans will stay home, or make the switch in the booth on Election Day.

Those are my thoughts.
That sword cuts both ways.

Those are my thoughts.

CN

Old 08-21-2016, 09:06 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Trump is not an ideologue. If you notice, he is meeting and talking with a lot of people to gather information and adjust his positions. Not a bad thing to listen to your customers. Good lessons learned from business experience.
lol, his entire campaign at this point has been filled with endless gaffes that offended pretty much every minority group on the planet, frightened and p"ssed off most of our global allies, threatened American and constitutional principles and opened the door to the possibility of nuclear war. Was he listening to people then? If so, who the hell were those people?

It's hilarious that people think he's going to change and be a reasonable person. His entire life has been the opposite of that, and his campaign has only further illuminated what kind of man he is. He's not changing. He won't pivot. This is who he is, and if you support him after everything that has happened, it is who you are too. There is no good here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections