Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 08:48 AM

2,969 posts, read 1,949,526 times

Advertisements

I remember when trump wrapped up the nomination in May and enjoyed polling bounce in polls, A LOT of trump supporters claimed that Hillary will only sink further and will never be able to get up

Old 08-23-2016, 08:55 AM

25,040 posts, read 27,802,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
I remember when trump wrapped up the nomination in May and enjoyed polling bounce in polls, A LOT of trump supporters claimed that Hillary will only sink further and will never be able to get up
When the polls don't go their way, it's the polls are skewed, biased, and the only poll that matters is election day. When that doesn't go in their favor, it's the election was rigged ****ing psychos

Old 08-23-2016, 09:12 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,152,708 times
Lol. So Trump's out there pushing his 'polls are rigged' slogans, but they are rigged in his favor?

Old 08-23-2016, 09:31 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,392,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
When the polls don't go their way, it's the polls are skewed, biased, and the only poll that matters is election day. When that doesn't go in their favor, it's the election was rigged ****ing psychos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Lol. So Trump's out there pushing his 'polls are rigged' slogans, but they are rigged in his favor?
ALL polls are rigged in some way, if you can't see this you just don't want to. Especially internet polls, they are the most unreliable out there.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:33 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,212,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
ALL polls are rigged in some way, if you can't see this you just don't want to. Especially internet polls, they are the most unreliable out there.
Where is your data on that?

Old 08-23-2016, 09:56 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,392,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Where is your data on that?
Oh please, you don't need data, you just need your head. The internet is wait for it....ANONYMOUS! Nobody knows who is participating in those polls, not a shred of anything can be verified, nothing. If the poll is meant for Dems only, ANYONE can take it no matter what side you are on and vice versa. If it is for a certain age group you can just lie, everything can be faked on the internet, EVERYTHING, even your IP.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:04 AM

16,345 posts, read 17,943,307 times
I can't wait for November 9th when Clinton has won handily and all the "skewed polls" posters have either disappeared or have changed their tune (more likely) to the claim that the election was rigged. There is no reasoning with these people. They're too far gone. I suspect that, for 2020, they're going to try to put someone even more extreme up for nomination.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,087,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Oh, Trumplings...

If Monmouth manipulates data, then it's in favor of Republicans.

The last three Monmouth Presidential polls in 2012:

October 8-10: Romney +1
October 18-21: Romney +3
November 1-4: Tie
RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

President Obama defeated Governor Romney by 4%.

PS - Pollsters always sample far more respondents than they use, then they sort the data so that age/race/gender of a subset of all the respondents match the expected electorate. That's how polling works. God, I swear, the Trump crowd is so utterly ignorant about... well, damn near everything...

Did any of you ever attend college? Maybe take a stats course? Or maybe just use basic common sense?

No?

Hello?

Bueller?
That doesn't mean they do a good job of matching to the electorate, or if whether or not they are picking likely voters. I would never vote Hillary, and I know I have 3 college degrees and several stats classes under my belt....sounds to me you are like the academics I left behind many yrs ago...

Old 08-23-2016, 10:39 AM

1,975 posts, read 1,706,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
My answer to "rigged" polls, which anyone of them could be, is to ignore them and listen to what the people are saying, look at the condition of our country, and look at the issues that need to be addressed to see which candidate should get the attention and votes of the citizens.

I did realize there was something going on with Monmouth, it was just too obvious, well, except for the delusional. It was too far out of line with all the other polls. I would not be surprised that those that support Hillary wouldn't recognize deceit when it was there right in front of their eyes.
Listening to what people are saying is what polls do.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:41 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,212,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Oh please, you don't need data, you just need your head. The internet is wait for it....ANONYMOUS! Nobody knows who is participating in those polls, not a shred of anything can be verified, nothing. If the poll is meant for Dems only, ANYONE can take it no matter what side you are on and vice versa. If it is for a certain age group you can just lie, everything can be faked on the internet, EVERYTHING, even your IP.
So basically you are pulling it out your ass. Gotcha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections