Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 07:30 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times

Advertisements

If any one act shows how Trump is treating his campaign as a cash cow this is it. First, he directs over $7 million to his own companies; now he's nearly quintupled the monthly rental fee for his headquarters after he's no longer paying for it himself.

The final act will probably be starting a Trump News Channel after the election to cater to the Alt-Right who find Fox News too establishment for their tastes. He stirs the cauldron and then profits from it.

For Trump, it's always been about Trump.

Quote:
"If I was a donor, I’d want answers,” said a prominent Republican National Committee member who supports Trump, asking for anonymity to speak freely. “If they don’t have any more staff, and they’re paying five times more? That’s the kind of stuff I’d read and try to make an (attack) ad out of it.”
Donald Trump Jacked Up His Campaign
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 07:39 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
I have noticed that everything is going up right now. Have been pricing RVs and autos and the prices are rising quickly. Also, the weekly trip to the grocery store is just Most have noticed that the only thing not going up is their paycheck and/or their retirement check.

As we know, the economy is the number one issue of the election this year. Trump leads Clinton on economic issue: Trump Leads Clinton on Top-Ranking Economic Issues

I notice with these lop-sided stories that there is always more to the story. I suspect the wear and tear on the HQ is much heavier than a standard rental. Also, if utilities are added in, it would be a much higher cost too.

Who really cares, not me!

Old 08-23-2016, 07:57 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
He's not paying now. He has not added staff, so there's no need for additional square footage. He's raised the monthly rent by nearly 5 times the amount that he was paying.

It ain't rocket science. He's fleecing his own campaign.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:59 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I have noticed that everything is going up right now. Have been pricing RVs and autos and the prices are rising quickly. Also, the weekly trip to the grocery store is just Most have noticed that the only thing not going up is their paycheck and/or their retirement check.

As we know, the economy is the number one issue of the election this year. Trump leads Clinton on economic issue: Trump Leads Clinton on Top-Ranking Economic Issues

I notice with these lop-sided stories that there is always more to the story. I suspect the wear and tear on the HQ is much heavier than a standard rental. Also, if utilities are added in, it would be a much higher cost too.

Who really cares, not me!
Except if Clinton was doing it you would be the first to talk about it.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:08 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
So the rent on his suite in Trump Tower went up so fast that it now costs nearly five times more this month than it did just a few months back? You really buy that? Or more to the point, you expect everyone else to buy that?

Old 08-23-2016, 08:09 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
The question that immediately comes to mind is that of comps. What's the rent for comparable office space in a comparable building in the same area? Why wouldn't the reporter answer that obvious question so we could see whether or not the rent was out of line?

Don't know the issue well enough to know if this is a big deal, but Clinton flying 20 miles on a plane, lying about her emails, compromising the safety of intelligence assets and compromising national security seem like bigger deals to me right now. Look forward to more information (including answer to my question on comps) as the story develops.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:11 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,348 times
He raised the monthly rent (that his donors are paying to him) from $35k to $165K.
And decrease staff size in the same time frame.
Don bragged once that he could make a profit running for POTUS.
The ultimate con man has succeeded in his hostile takeover of the GOP.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:14 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
He raised the monthly rent (that his donors are paying to him) from $35k to $165K.
And decrease staff size in the same time frame.
Don bragged once that he could make a profit running for POTUS.
The ultimate con man has succeeded in his hostile takeover of the GOP.
The Democrats need to make an attack ad out of those numbers and show the American public that Don the Con is using this campaign merely to line his pockets. Never has there been a more concrete and easy to identify example of that truth than this.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:17 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
More insight into campaign/Trump finances:

Donald Trump's Campaign Has Spent Over $6 Million at Trump Companies

Old 08-23-2016, 08:22 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The Democrats need to make an attack ad out of those numbers and show the American public that Don the Con is using this campaign merely to line his pockets. Never has there been a more concrete and easy to identify example of that truth than this.
You only have to look at his tax plan to know he is in this for himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections