Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If your candidate doesn’t win, will you support the new President?
Absolutely. This is the Leader of Our Country. 2 2.27%
Sort of. Not what I would have hoped, but I’ll give him/her a chance. 12 13.64%
I’ll try. It will be a struggle though. 8 9.09%
I’m not sure. I’d rather not commit just yet. 3 3.41%
It’s doubtful. I’m still convinced my candidate was better. 8 9.09%
No I will not. Out of the question. 24 27.27%
I will actively oppose his/her policies at every turn. 31 35.23%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 07:26 PM

1,202 posts, read 640,921 times

Advertisements

I think he is hated because he is making a generation of people either grow a set and start being Americans or smacking the politically correct feminine men across the face with the pure unadulterated truth. My kids will be shown Trumps videos and rallies and speeches over and over to show them America wasn't always such a pathetic sniveling shadow of its self. There WERE and still are PEOPLE that refuse to be politically correct and kiss everyone's butt so they don't hurt some feelings. My oldest daughter LOVES listening to Trump. Amazing a 10 year old doesn't buy into the leftist hype about him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 07:27 PM

35,648 posts, read 21,018,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Absolutely NOT! I will do everything in my power to make Hillary's stint as "president" as hard as possible. IMO she is so hated it would surprise me if she makes it to her swearing in. Either her health will FINALLY and THANKFULLY crap out or someone that hates her so much will pull a stunt. She is more hated than Obama EVER WAS.
Wow FBI stuff

Old 08-23-2016, 07:27 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,319,740 times
It was Senator Gary Hart (D-CO), a politician not particularly remembered for spinal fortitude, who proclaimed that "You cannot love your country, and hate its government". I tend to disagree, but not in such a simplistic manner.

The history of my nation parallels the development of what has come to be called the Enlightenment; and the Enlightenment in turn spawned the Industrial Revolution. That quantum shift in the use, and control of authority led to the continued diffusion of power among an ever-expanding, but qualified electorate. The dispersal of a privilege formerly restricted to landed mature males came about entirely through the free exchange of human opinion.

Unfortunately for all of us, it has become increasingly likely that various special interest groups are willing to undercut the democratic process via various tactics which threaten to make a mockery of the elaborate system of checks and balances which were crafted as a defense against tyranny. It has happened before, most notably during Reconstruction and the depths of the Great Depression, but we are again edging closer to the precipice.

I will always love my country, and the real principles for which it stands; but i reserve the right to oppose those who would hijack it, and seek to turn it into something little better than a banana republic.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:32 PM

[quote=Misanthrope83;45240393]I think he is hated because he is making a generation of people either grow a set and start being Americans or smacking the politically correct feminine men across the face with the pure unadulterated truth. My kids will be shown Trumps videos and rallies and speeches over and over to show them America wasn't always such a pathetic sniveling shadow of its self. There WERE and still are PEOPLE that refuse to be politically correct and kiss everyone's butt so they don't hurt some feelings. My oldest daughter LOVES listening to Trump. Amazing a 10 year old doesn't buy into the leftist hype about him.[/QUOTE

Kids shown trump videos.?

Old 08-23-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Wow FBI stuff
Yeah I know horrible! I said someone might pull a stupid stunt against her!? FBI FBI FBI!!!!!!!!! Do you need a pull up now? As far as the FBI goes I make more extreme comments on my facebook along with the people I am associated with or/and have been known to be associates of I am sure I am on the FBI radar. I can't say I would shed any tears if she dies....either way....doesn't bother me at all. I am sure you and your liberal friends say and think the same of Trump so quell the fake whining.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:33 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,581,593 times
I doubt I could bring myself to support either Hillary or Trumpf.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:34 PM

[quote=tinytrump;45240461]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
I think he is hated because he is making a generation of people either grow a set and start being Americans or smacking the politically correct feminine men across the face with the pure unadulterated truth. My kids will be shown Trumps videos and rallies and speeches over and over to show them America wasn't always such a pathetic sniveling shadow of its self. There WERE and still are PEOPLE that refuse to be politically correct and kiss everyone's butt so they don't hurt some feelings. My oldest daughter LOVES listening to Trump. Amazing a 10 year old doesn't buy into the leftist hype about him.[/QUOTE

Kids shown trump videos.?
Indeed! They sit and watch the news with me when he speaks. I am not a ******* I don't need to hide anything from my kids. I don't need to protect them and give them a safe place to cry like a pathetic snowflake. This is a harsh world and full of EVIL anti American people like liberals and the sooner they know the enemy the better and the sooner they hear a Pro American person speaking the better.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
It was Senator Gary Hart (D-CO), a politician not particularly remembered for spinal fortitude, who proclaimed that "You cannot love your country, and hate its government". I tend to disagree, but not in such a simplistic manner.

The history of my nation parallels the development of what has come to be called the Enlightenment; and the Enlightenment in turn spawned the Industrial Revolution. That quantum shift in the use, and control of authority led to the continued diffusion of power among an ever-expanding, but qualified electorate. The dispersal of a privilege formerly restricted to landed mature males came about entirely through the free exchange of human opinion.

Unfortunately for all of us, it has become increasingly likely that various special interest groups are willing to undercut the democratic process via various tactics which threaten to make a mockery of the elaborate system of checks and balances which were crafted as a defense against tyranny. It has happened before, most notably during Reconstruction and the depths of the Great Depression, but we are again edging closer to the precipice.

I will always love my country, and the real principles for which it stands; but i reserve the right to oppose those who would hijack it, and seek to turn it into something little better than a banana republic.
Hijack ? principles?, refuse? I was not fond of Bush, but was the prez n gets respect regardless, -my hubby died for those principles, and freedoms, are Americans really Americans anymore??

Old 08-23-2016, 07:45 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,178,517 times
I love the false outrage from those who have spent the past almost 8 years attacking President Obama and denying his legitimacy as President but are aghast that people might not support the Orange Menace. Fortunately, those on the #NeverTrump train won't be in a position of having to ever face supporting him as President since his inevitable loss becomes clearer every day.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:48 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,871,350 times
Either Hillary will win or Trump will. Kind of hard to support a lying fraud like Hillary and just as hard to support her male counterpart. Neither in my opinion put America before their own personal greed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections