Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If your candidate doesn’t win, will you support the new President?
Absolutely. This is the Leader of Our Country. 2 2.27%
Sort of. Not what I would have hoped, but I’ll give him/her a chance. 12 13.64%
I’ll try. It will be a struggle though. 8 9.09%
I’m not sure. I’d rather not commit just yet. 3 3.41%
It’s doubtful. I’m still convinced my candidate was better. 8 9.09%
No I will not. Out of the question. 24 27.27%
I will actively oppose his/her policies at every turn. 31 35.23%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 08:39 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,281,298 times

Advertisements

Two things:
1) I will not support Hillary if she wins. I will never speak kindly of her nor give her any benefit of doubt.

2) She won't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 08:41 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post

In other words, it will be a continuation of Baracko's social engineering plan to turn America into a third-world turd pile.
Turd pile? Let's see,
Unemployment under 5%
Low inflation
Low gas prices
Robust stock market
Robust housing market
Not many American boys getting killed in foreign wars

Whoever gets elected, I hope they continue Obama's policies to a tee!

Old 08-24-2016, 08:46 AM

1,202 posts, read 641,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Turd pile? Let's see,
Unemployment under 5%
Low inflation
Low gas prices
Robust stock market
Robust housing market

And this is the kind of low info voter we have voting for Hillary. To believe all that garbage is true is amazing. Its like living in a cave for 8 years.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:52 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Turd pile? Let's see,
Unemployment under 5%
Low inflation
Low gas prices
Robust stock market
Robust housing market

These are things driven by the market, by individual business, and by the world economy. The President (or government) doesn't control these things, although people love to think he does somehow.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:58 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
If your candidate doesn’t win, will you support the new President?

Just how does an individual 'support' a POTUS?

What indication is there that once in office a POTUS pays attention to the wants/needs of the people?

Nixon convinced me that just doesn't happen and I've seen little since to make me believe otherwise.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:07 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If your candidate doesn’t win, will you support the new President?

Just how does an individual 'support' a POTUS?

What indication is there that once in office a POTUS pays attention to the wants/needs of the people?

Nixon convinced me that just doesn't happen and I've seen little since to make me believe otherwise.
Average voter: Who's Nixon? Is he related to Kennedy, on Fox News?

Old 08-24-2016, 09:11 AM

6,261 posts, read 5,069,270 times
I just cannot see a possibility of supporting Clinton in any way.

I didn't vote for Obama but when he was first voted in as president back in 08 I remember very clearly feeling that I would hope for the best, and thinking he had won, he was my president now, and that I wished him every success. Because if he succeeded, we ALL succeeded. By the time he won the 12 election it was with a sense of resignation that I realized he would again be our president.

But if Clinton wins I feel no sense of hope that this country will move from the wrong track (that the majority of Americans now feel that we are on) to the right track.

There's a lot of useless (mind numbingly lying and useless crap) floating around about both candidates but Clinton has been around long enough for her value system to be public record. Not only her personal value system but also the political agenda that she will move forward should she become president. She disgusts me on a personal level. On almost every political agenda item (from the issue of border security and illegal immigration to the 2A, refugee intake, support for law enforcement, BLM, national security, make up of the SC and size of government) I disagree with her positions.

I'm a political junkie because on many levels I just find it interesting. But I'm also a patriot and love this country. Truthfully I find so many positions that liberal politicians hold defy realty, logic and common sense. And some are toxic for the overall good of the nation. I used to watch the State of the Union without fail every year but for the past couple of years I have skipped it and just watched the pre and post game analysis. I just can't stand the sight of Obama or the sound of his voice anymore. I already feel that way now about Clinton and she's not even the president yet.

Will I support her if she becomes president? No. I cannot. What I'll do is hunker down in my small town and hope the hell the next four years go by quickly.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:47 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Average voter: Who's Nixon? Is he related to Kennedy, on Fox News?

Thankfully we didn't have Twitter in my mis-spent youth, I might have believed some of the spin, I had to observe the powers that be, how anyone could survive that era without having a very healthy dose of cynicism is beyond me.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:40 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Well, he's been in sales his whole life. I think that ranks next to politics as one of the least respected professions.
Based on the totally incestuous relationship between the State Dept and the Clinton Foundation I'd say Hillary has been in sales as well...

Old 08-24-2016, 11:05 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
[quote=tinytrump;45240461]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
I think he is hated because he is making a generation of people either grow a set and start being Americans or smacking the politically correct feminine men across the face with the pure unadulterated truth. My kids will be shown Trumps videos and rallies and speeches over and over to show them America wasn't always such a pathetic sniveling shadow of its self. There WERE and still are PEOPLE that refuse to be politically correct and kiss everyone's butt so they don't hurt some feelings. My oldest daughter LOVES listening to Trump. Amazing a 10 year old doesn't buy into the leftist hype about him.[/QUOTE

Kids shown trump videos.?
Child abuse! Call the authorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections