Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 06:32 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times

Advertisements

Fred Trump Taught His Son the Essentials of Showboating Self-Promotion

...Donald J. Trump inherited more than just a real estate empire from his father. As a salesman, competitor, courter of politicians and controversy and, above all, as a showboating self-promoter, Fred Trump was the Donald Trump of his day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/13/us...ther.html?_r=0

A case could be made that Donald Trump's father taught him to be a bully, and Hillary Clinton's mother taught her to stand up to bullies.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:53 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post

...Donald J. Trump inherited more than just a real estate empire from his father. As a salesman, competitor, courter of politicians and controversy and, above all, as a showboating self-promoter, Fred Trump was the Donald Trump of his day.

A case could be made that Donald Trump's father taught him to be a bully, and Hillary Clinton's mother taught her to stand up to bullies.
LMAO more liberal crying. More like Trumps dad taught him to be a WINNER and to fight against a corrupt system and Hillary's mom taught her to use the woman card,blame a right wing conspiracy and think its her RIGHT to be president.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:02 PM

4,581 posts, read 3,406,102 times
I once read that the rows of brick duplexes shown in the opening credits of "All in the Family" were actually built by Fred Trump's company early in his career. I can't recall the source, I read this a good 30 years ago.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:23 PM

22,447 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Hillary Clinton's mother taught her to stand up to bullies.
LMAO! Are you serious? Hillary is a bully. Just ask any of the women that had affairs with Bubba and how Hillary threatened them. Instead of divorcing Bubba, she stuck around and handled all his "bimbo eruptions".

Old 08-23-2016, 07:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Lol. So he's the Son of a Son of a Salesman (apologies to Buffett).

Old 08-23-2016, 07:57 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
LMAO more liberal crying. More like Trumps dad taught him to be a WINNER and to fight against a corrupt system and Hillary's mom taught her to use the woman card,blame a right wing conspiracy and think its her RIGHT to be president.
I believe you meant to say 'taught him to corrupt the system'.

GREAT job Fred!

Old 08-23-2016, 08:53 PM

33,324 posts, read 12,491,270 times
I enjoyed reading the article. There's a guy I know who is in his early 90s. I've known him since I was a little kid. He's a real estate developer, more small time than Trump, but still wildly successful. About 20 years ago, a female friend of mine designed a restaurant that was located in one of the commercial buildings my older friend owns. The guy opening the restaurant set up an initial on site meeting between my female friend and my older friend who owns the building. The site still had all of the decor displayed from the old restaurant that had gone belly up. My female friend told me that my older friend excitedly walked around the site calculating how much he thought he would make reselling the contents of the dining room...even down to the vases on the tables. Even though any revenue coming out of that would be like tossing one penny in the air to him, she said he was like a little kid walking around adding this up in his head. Reading (in the article) about Fred Trump picking up nails on job sites reminded of my older friend's glee about being able to squeeze a little bit more out of that site.

Old 08-23-2016, 11:00 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,212 times
Quote:

Both, you and the article failed to make that case.

Quote:
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Old 08-24-2016, 06:31 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:

I would suggest using a reliable source if you are interested in biographical information:

http://www.biography.com/people/donald-trump-9511238

Or, you could look at his history of interest in the presidency:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCabT_O0YSM

Old 08-24-2016, 08:38 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Here is what Fred Trump taught him

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...s-father/?_r=0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections