Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How are you planning to vote?
I'm a strong Trump supporter 34 35.05%
I'm a strong Hillary Clinton supporter 21 21.65%
I dislike both candidates but I might vote for Trump 13 13.40%
I dislike both candidates but I might vote for Hillary 14 14.43%
No way in hell I'm voting for those two 15 15.46%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 10:33 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
, I'm hoping Hillary wins. Her temperament and background are clearly better-suited for the role of President than Trump.

Background?????? bhaaaaaaa!!!!........she hasn't met a wall street donor or foreign donors that she didn't like. They all own her a$$. How can Hillary possibly put the American People first?

I don't know about her temperament, go ask Bill Clinton about that.....but we all know her judgement is not good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 10:35 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Can't vote in a poll that posits extreme opinions for me.

I'm voting for Gary Johnson in order to support the Libertarian Party, but since his election is near-impossible, I'm hoping Hillary wins. Her temperament and background are clearly better-suited for the role of President than Trump.
You know full well that Hillary should go down like Nixon.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:36 AM

2,251 posts, read 4,914,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Reminds me of > Jeb Bush says please clap.

It's all good. "GO TRUMP"

TRUMP 2016

Old 08-26-2016, 11:50 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,264,630 times
I didnt vote in the poll and never tell anyone who i voted for. People forget there are those who died giving us the privilege of not having to declare our votes.

Old 08-26-2016, 03:57 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post

In my first post, I included Democrats who couldn't stand Hillary didn't I? Just switch out the names in my "hypothetical scenario" post. Works out the same.
Quote:
In 1980 when John Anderson ran as a third party he did not hand the election to Jimmy Carter, he kept the anti-Reagan republicans from voting for Carter.
Yeah, well, I suppose it could work out that way too. Maybe Johnson could keep Republicans disheartened with Trump from voting for Hillary...... Good point, I'll give you that. I didn't account for those type of voters in my scenario.
Quote:
I can't vote for Trump because he is the biggest jerk to run for president, insulting American POWs, Hispanics, women, Muslims and the disabled.
I'll give you the POW's and the disabled, but how has he insulted Hispanics? He has said nothing denigrating about people of Hispanic descent, only of those who've immigrated here illegally. He has said nothing denigrating about women, only particular women that he doesn't like. Are all women immune from criticism because of their gender? He has said nothing denigrating about all Muslims. He merely acknowledged that there is a radical strain within that religion, and until that's worked out, we should proceed with caution. That's a realistic view of the world.

Old 08-26-2016, 04:34 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,699,285 times
Since the voting public doesn't actually elect presidents (the electoral college does) and since I vote in a state that is about 99% Republican, my vote in the booth doesn't really matter. So I can vote for anyone I want; this state's electoral college is going to go for Trump.

So here is what I voted for in the poll - and why. No freaking way would I vote for either one of those two.

Hillary is as crooked as anyone I ever put away (she did and does, however, have more legal and political pull than any of my defendants). The Clinton Foundation case probably won't be done for years and she skated on the Espionage Act violations because Justice was afraid to make her the first-use case. And those are just the latest beefs. The indictment drawn up against her in the Whitewater case lives to this day in the national archives. (It's sealed.) Politics are crooked enough. I cannot condone putting a crook in the White House.

Trump has fundamental problems that make him inappropriate as president. The most important one, to my mind, is that he's never been a servant. Ever. He's hired and fired servants, but he's never been one. So the idea that he can function as a public servant is laughable. He sees the world through the singular prism of 'what is best for me?' instead of 'what is best for those I serve?' After that, he has zero idea how the US functions within the community of nations - which is why the intelligence community and so many foreign leaders have openly questioned how it is that the public would even consider Trump as the President of the United States. Finally, Trump is completely unaware of how the Executive Branch functions. Build a wall and have Mexico pay for it? That sounds suspiciously like tariffs, which require congressional passage.

Before you ask, the marijuana farmer? Nope. 'Nuff said.

My state's electoral college delegates will probably select Trump, but I won't contribute to that mistake. In doing so, it will automatically obviate Hillary, which I consider a good thing.

This will be the first presidential election in my life in which I do not vote.

Sad, really, that these two deeply flawed candidates are the best that the main parties could come up with...

Old 08-26-2016, 05:00 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,378,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
What he says is true, whether you can bring yourself to see it that way or not. Vote for Johnson or Stein all you want, but either Trump or Clinton will be the president-elect on Nov. 9th, and by voting 3rd party, you're still voting for Trump or Clinton.

If you're a Republican and are voting 3rd party because you can't stand Trump, you are actually voting for Hillary.

If you are a Democrat but are voting 3rd party because you can't stand Hillary, you are actually voting for Trump.

That's just the way it is, and no amount of mental gymnastics changes it.
If you're from California and you're voting anything other than Democrat, you're throwing your vote away.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:18 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
If you're from California and you're voting anything other than Democrat, you're throwing your vote away.
True enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections