Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 01:10 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,222,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Sonnie Johnson: Clinton

Yep. No other GOP candidate has done this. Romney shot himself in the foot with his idiotic 47% comment.We see her desperation with that highly amusing ad she put out this morning.
Do you actually believe this non-sense or does posting it just make you feel better?

Old 08-25-2016, 01:15 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Do you actually believe this non-sense or does posting it just make you feel better?
Clinton's desperation is obvious. What's not to believe? The fact his black support shot to 14% right after he started talking to blacks directly? The fact Clinton is DESPERATE and is now attacking the Alt Right instead of Trump....but hey appreciate that publicity Clinton!

Old 08-25-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Clinton's desperation is obvious. What's not to believe? The fact his black support shot to 14% right after he started talking to blacks directly? The fact Clinton is DESPERATE and is now attacking the Alt Right instead of Trump....but hey appreciate that publicity Clinton!
14%? Are you referring to that one LA Times poll from a few days back that dropped back down to under 5% the next day?

Old 08-25-2016, 01:21 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
14%? Are you referring to that one LA Times poll from a few days back that dropped back down to under 5% the next day?
You mean the poll that has stayed constant for over a week? LOL...don't try and fool me dude. I watch the polls more than you do.If you think whites are scared of saying they support Trump I can only imagine the response from the slave party if a handful of blacks expressed support.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
You mean the poll that has stayed constant for over a week? LOL...don't try and fool me dude. I watch the polls more than you do.If you think whites are scared of saying they support Trump I can only imagine the response from the slave party if a handful of blacks expressed support.
The LA Times poll is anything but constant. And if you watched the polls more than I do then you wouldn't be clinging to the data from one poll.

And the poll you are citing is literally back down to 4.6% support for Trump from the Black vote.

Last edited by Ace Rothstein; 08-25-2016 at 01:32 PM..

Old 08-25-2016, 01:33 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Her ad this morning shows otherwise. So try addressing the article I posted and the words said. Not some silly asinine garbage from a liberal group trying to act like they are neutral. Oh and Trump is at 14% with blacks if he keeps that he wins. Romney only got 3%!
But Breitbart is somehow neutral?

You have to be deeply delusional to believe that blacks are going to flock to support a guy who basically says "your lives are all pathetic; vote for me."

Also, why does he tell his pitch to black voters only to crowds of white people? If he has so much support, then why isn't he holding rallies in the cities where black people live?

Old 08-25-2016, 01:44 PM

148 posts, read 137,437 times
Quote:
Use a legit source and I will consider it. I don't find WashPo or anyone that's anti Trump and banned from his rallies to be legit.
Pot meet kettle. You can't claim that others need to post a "legit" source when your original post is based on Breitbart.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:58 PM

148 posts, read 137,437 times
"A lot of the black community did not see her as a candidate, and thought they saw an alternative in Bernie Sanders,” she explained. “So when Bernie Sanders basically just got routed, got cheated, as Hillary did everything she possibly could to make sure he had no chance, no hope, a lot of younger black Americans especially started to see the Democratic Party for what it is.”

Clinton won 75% of the black vote in the primaries. Most black people that agreed with Bernie are much further left leaning than the ones who voted for Clinton (especially the young ones) and are not likely going to swing all the way over to Trump.

"Here’s the drill with Republicans,” she continued. “Understand that there are also very successful black people in this country, who don’t need the benefit of a savior. What we need is the boot off of our neck, so that we can be the builders, and the creators, and the innovators that America needs at this time.”

Your conservative friends aren't going to hear this...we've been having this same conversation over and over for the past few days and they always revert back to "they want handouts".

Old 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
But Breitbart is somehow neutral?

You have to be deeply delusional to believe that blacks are going to flock to support a guy who basically says "your lives are all pathetic; vote for me."

Also, why does he tell his pitch to black voters only to crowds of white people? If he has so much support, then why isn't he holding rallies in the cities where black people live?
Also, he should ditch the clowns like the Diamond and Silk duo, Allan West, etc who tell Trumpkins what they want to hear about Black people ... especially when they cater to the Trumpkins by validating their ignorant beliefs. Spreading this belief that Blacks, Hispanics, etc need an all-mighty savior to "lead them off the Democratic plantation" is offensive and reveals that the thinkers of such beliefs have zero clue regarding minorities. Even Newt Gingrich gets it as shown by his joint interview with Van Jones a few months ago, he basically said that most Whites have no idea what Blacks go through ... and Gingrich is 100% correct. As a White guy I used to be just like the Trumpkins, until I entered the real world and evolved my political views. Attending a Long Island community college and living in Puerto Rico transformed me from a "Buchananite Republican" into a "Jack Kemp Republican".

Old 08-25-2016, 02:37 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
here comes don nie here comes don nie right down santa claus lane!!

he's gaining hundreds if not thousands of black votes by the hour, very well respected black pastor was on tv today singing trumps praises.

its all uphill from here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections