Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 05:45 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
And, the trump followers will be along any minute to tell us how neurotic and not very bright she is, too, right?
I haven't liked Coulter since she called my religious group "unperfected Christians." However, to call her "not very bright" would insult my alma mater, Cornell, where she attended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 08:12 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Trump essentially threw just about every other GOP candidate under the bus with his promised toughness on immigration. Basically is a liar and a fake.

After ruining the political careers of decent people such as Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio et. al. with false accusations of "softness on immigration, Trump has flip-flopped.

The Cruz supporters were right; the GOP primary voters and ultimately the RNC itself selected an arm-waving, eyeball-rolling populist over a solid though insufficiently exciting man of quality. Winning elections is fine; ruining people is not.
THIS! Hmmm, I wonder if these other candidates will respond to this major flip flop? That would be highly entertaining.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:24 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
She has already said she still backing up Trump.

Of course she is, she has no choice. She needs to sell that piece of crap she calls a book.

Trump and his supporters sound ridiculous when they say no deportation, no amnesty but illegals will pay taxes.... Just come out of the closet and say you will do nothing about illegal immigration because the lobbyist already bought Trump.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:23 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
She doesn't want him to back up on illegal immigration. Understandable. Are we missing something? Trump says he will enforce the law. Good enough for the reasoned and patient.
If he selectively deports the bad guys while keeping the "good" ones, then he is effectively keeping O's executive order. He is even extending it as Obama only offered deferral to illegals who have US citizen children and "dreamers". Trump is softer than Obama is.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:29 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,181 times
Coulter is awesome. Everyone should and needs to read her book Adios,America.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:01 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
He won't do any. You are fooling yourself if you think he will. Trump is a weathervane. If he got into office he would see that most Americans favor amnesty, don't care about a wall, and aren't that concerned with illegal immigration. He would then do exactly what was popular.
What country are you living in???? Trump's thousands of supporters certainly DO care about a wall, and are very concerned with illegal immigration.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:15 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,090 times
This would be like Joe Goebbels finding out Hitler was going to grant amnesty to the Jews.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:23 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Coulter is probably one of those staunch "round em all up" people and that's her right to feel that way. If Trump is wavering from that thus her objection. However, most of us just want him to enforce the laws on the books, build the wall and no amnesty. He's already said he would do all three. I will wait for the debates to see how he handles those questions before I pass judgement and cast my vote for him.
Actually, I saw an interview with Ann Coulter where she said just that. She still thinks he's the only choice when the other candidate essentially wants open borders and to bring even more people here from countries with ties to terrorism.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:29 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If he selectively deports the bad guys while keeping the "good" ones, then he is effectively keeping O's executive order. He is even extending it as Obama only offered deferral to illegals who have US citizen children and "dreamers". Trump is softer than Obama is.
Not really. Obama has left the border wide open, and I don't think Trump will do that. I have no problem with amnesty for people who have been here for a long time (but they have to have been here a long time, at least ten years).

I'd be happy if all Trump does is secure the border now and slow down the refugee program.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:37 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Enough of your lies and propaganda. Most Americans do not favor amnesty and we want borders and illegals out.

Look at the polls about immigration on this forum

You're living in a fantasy land
This is the most unintentionally ironic post I have ever seen.

You really think that c-d forum polls of c-d posters are more representative of the general population than polls of the actual general population????

Oh dear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections