Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 01:03 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The article by Ron Brownstein from the Atlantic that was the basis of this thread centered on the likelihood that the Democrats would win the national popular vote for the 6 time in the last 7 elections which would set a new record. That appears to have happened, as Clinton is leading the popular vote by about 1.4 million currently. Despite that fact, Trump won the election by taking Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin by a combined total of a little over 100,000 votes.

The vote in California now is so large and so overwhelmingly Democratic, that it's probable that the Democratic dominance in winning the national popular vote may continue, while the electoral college could often go in the opposite direction and elect Republican presidents.
Oh Please.

They, and you, said Hillary would would win the presidency. But they, and you, also said the Democrats would win the senate. A fact that you now conveniently ignore.

Hillary didn't run a popular vote race. She spent little time in California. She did spend 10s of millions here in NC and made endless campaign events here including Obama & Mooch in vain attempt to win NC's electoral votes. She was thoroughly defeated in a state that voted out an incumbent GOP governor. i.e. yet another narrative of yours that is completely wrong.

So if the idiots in California want to continue to be ignored then they will continue to mindlessly vote for one party. This is what they do in the 3rd world, and not surprising parts of the state resemble it now. Hillary certainly didn't care about the state.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:06 AM

34,045 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
The article by Ron Brownstein from the Atlantic that was the basis of this thread centered on the likelihood that the Democrats would win the national popular vote for the 6 time in the last 7 elections which would set a new record. That appears to have happened, as Clinton is leading the popular vote by about 1.4 million currently. Despite that fact, Trump won the election by taking Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin by a combined total of a little over 100,000 votes.

The vote in California now is so large and so overwhelmingly Democratic, that it's probable that the Democratic dominance in winning the national popular vote may continue, while the electoral college could often go in the opposite direction and elect Republican presidents.

Popular vote plus $5 gets one 2 items on McD's 2 for $5 menu.

It's worthless.

Reagan Dems came home. That is the Rust Belt. I do not see Dems offsetting that in future years. As Jim Webb states "They don't care about the working class". We had a game-changing election. The "how it happened" matters more than the players involved.

Add in Team Red adds 7-12 electors every census, taken from Team Blue.

EC is here to stay.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:23 AM

13,717 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Oh Please.

They, and you, said Hillary would would win the presidency. But they, and you, also said the Democrats would win the senate. A fact that you now conveniently ignore.

Hillary didn't run a popular vote race. She spent little time in California. She did spend 10s of millions here in NC and made endless campaign events here including Obama & Mooch in vain attempt to win NC's electoral votes. She was thoroughly defeated in a state that voted out an incumbent GOP governor. i.e. yet another narrative of yours that is completely wrong.

So if the idiots in California want to continue to be ignored then they will continue to mindlessly vote for one party. This is what they do in the 3rd world, and not surprising parts of the state resemble it now. Hillary certainly didn't care about the state.

Sad but true. You only have to spend time in San Francisco (I own rental property) to see what full-blown liberalism can do to a city. Despite the endless tourist dollars/tech industry money the city is still a mess.

However, it is a great place if you're a city employee, a vagrant living on the street or an illegal immigrant.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:26 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Sad but true. You only have to spend time in San Francisco (I own rental property) to see what full-blown liberalism can do to a city. Despite the endless tourist dollars/tech industry money the city is still a mess.

However, it is a great place if you're a city employee, a vagrant living on the street or an illegal immigrant.
How long do you think I'd last in S.F. walking around with a 'Make America Great Again' hat and a Trump t-shirt ?

Old 11-19-2016, 06:33 AM

13,717 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
How long do you think I'd last in S.F. walking around with a 'Make America Great Again' hat and a Trump t-shirt ?

O.k. say you take the 28 bus and get off at Holloway and 19th Ave. Then stroll into San Francisco State University. My guess is you'd make down the main walkway 1 or 2 minutes before the screaming started. Those students would be on you like white on rice.

But would you get assaulted? A bottle tossed at your head?

Not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Last edited by john3232; 11-19-2016 at 06:54 AM..

Old 11-19-2016, 06:46 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,568,955 times
Why Democrats Comsistently Win Elections:

Because they cheat.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:57 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Popular vote plus $5 gets one 2 items on McD's 2 for $5 menu.

It's worthless.

Reagan Dems came home. That is the Rust Belt. I do not see Dems offsetting that in future years. As Jim Webb states "They don't care about the working class". We had a game-changing election. The "how it happened" matters more than the players involved.

Add in Team Red adds 7-12 electors every census, taken from Team Blue.

EC is here to stay.
The sad part is that Jim Webb could have beat Trump, but he had no support in the Democrat party, he was not far enough left. He is right, the Democrats left the working class long ago, as shown by the huge growth in income disparity under Obama and the constant attacks on blue collar industries.

I do not see it getting better for the Democrats, until they get out from under Soros and the radical left's thumb, but it appears that the leadership has no interest in doing that.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:01 AM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:

To which I say, thank God for the electoral college. California should not have the power to elect every president. Other people live in this country too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections