Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 06:05 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Oh, keep believing that if you want. I'm breaking out the popcorn and the Junior Mints.
They have Junior Caramels too, if you can find them. Fantastic combo with popcorn!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 06:19 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
ahh... Sno-Caps and Jujubes...

Movie Theater Candy | OldTimeCandy.com

Old 08-26-2016, 09:08 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7
Julian Assange has stated his intention to splatter the walls with incriminating
e-mails exposing Mrs. Clinton right before the first Presidential debate.
I wonder what would happen if someone did the same thing to TRUMP and he backed out also.... (If Hillary backed out after this) then NO ONE will be available this election!! (Not that Obama would care,he would love it)

Old 08-27-2016, 12:19 PM

Newsday: Presidential debate panel faces ‘challenge’ in selecting moderators

Nobody wants it.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:33 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Nope, the reason is that they know Trump is looking for any excuse to bow out and they don't want to give it to him. He's afraid to debate Hillary. And he has cause to be.
You mean that he is afraid to be responsible for "the big one" with Hillary. Her final screeching words going out at him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
They are scared to death of Trump tearing in to her! I can't wait....12 pack in the fridge,popcorn and crackers on table along with a meat and cheese spread just like it was the super bowl!
I am sure they are trying to figure out how to make her "viable" to handle the debates. When they have tested the "waters" previously, there was the head bobbing, "short circuits", etc. which were failures. I don't watch her, but does anyone know if they have tweaked the meds to the point that she seems "normal" for Hillary that is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Pandemonium !

Debate Commission had to postpone their choice of MODS.. based on Wikileaks !

Who can they get to "fix it" ?

- make Trump look mean.

- brush over Hillary's deflection tactics.

- avoid the painful facts in the e-mails.

- sugar coat the poison !

Anderson Cooper ?

Gwen Ifill ?

Don Lemon ?

Rachel Maddow ? (she's not on this level, IS she ?)
Maybe too many "Oh, no, not me!"

Another thought is, the minute they announce, those moderators will come under tremendous pressure, say from someone with a lot of cash to burn, to favor them and if they don't favor them "dirt bath"!

I think many won't admit it, but they want to stay clear of Clinton and stay clear of what stands behind her. Not her doctor with the medication pen, but the criminal element, well, he might be part of that too!

Old 08-27-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think many won't admit it, but they want to stay clear of Clinton and stay clear of what stands behind her. Not her doctor with the medication pen, but the criminal element, well, he might be part of that too!
You're giving 90% of them way too much credit.
They are presstitutes.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:54 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
Did Hillary hire a cry coach yet?

Old 08-27-2016, 12:59 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Julian Assange has stated his intention to splatter the walls with incriminating
e-mails exposing Mrs. Clinton right before the first Presidential debate.

This intrusion has sent the "non-partisan" debate commission into a tail-spin
of worry, who can they find to insulate Hillary from the tough questions ?

"With Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton scheduled to face off in the first of three presidential debates next month, one glaring question still remains: Who is going to moderate?
The Commission on Presidential Debates, which was supposed to announce the moderators for this year’s debates by the end of next week, has delayed its announcement until after Labor Day. (Western Journalism)

According to CNN Money’s Dylan Byers, the non-partisan Commission, which has overseen every debate since 1988, will now not make its announcement until Sept. 5 — which is just three weeks before the candidates will spar on Sept. 26, at Hofstra University in Hempstead, NY."

related article:
Hillary’s cozy relationship with media making it difficult to find an ‘unbiased’ moderator for first debate
When I hear this story on channel 2, 4, or 7 news or a reputable web news site instead of right-wing propaganda sites, I'll believe it.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:17 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Pandemonium !

Debate Commission had to postpone their choice of MODS.. based on Wikileaks !

Who can they get to "fix it" ?

- make Trump look mean.

- brush over Hillary's deflection tactics.

- avoid the painful facts in the e-mails.

- sugar coat the poison !

Anderson Cooper ?

Gwen Ifill ?

Don Lemon ?

Rachel Maddow ? (she's not on this level, IS she ?)
You really need to breathe into a paper bag for a while until you can calm your racing heartbeat. It works. You will feel better. They aren't called panic attacks for nothing.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:47 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Just my opinion. I think that it will be interesting to see how Trump handles himself in the debate. If he "tears" into Hillary, like so many of his followers want him to do, what does he gain? Sure it gets them all amped up, but he already has their votes. He needs the votes of more moderate people if he plans on winning this election. And acting like a jerk on the stage won't move their votes to him. He needs to calmly explain why his positions are better for the country than what Hillary would do. Act like a President and leave all the loudmouth showmanship behind. That was fine for the primaries, but this is the championship series and it is different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections