Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 08:16 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,825,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
And what branch of the military did you serve in, and any tours of duty during war time? That would be helpful in understanding your stance on the issue. In case you haven't guessed, I am doubting you have a clue for the reasoning behind the decision or the many standards that have to be meant to be a part of a team when it comes to the military. I say this as a "Veteran for Trump" and yes, I have the t-shirt!

We all know that the Dems went after certain demographics under "divide and conquer", one of the groups they were trying to snag was the LGBT community as a whole based on "identity" politics. The anger really isn't about Trump but about those in the LGBT community that may have saw themselves as citizens first with the same interests as those with difference sexual orientations, things like jobs, the economy, security and healthcare.

They are just so angry about Trump winning and now not having any real reason to cry about it that they grab at straws, look at all the threads and how silly they are. (Trump had a weird lunch, rice and 2 pieces of cherry pie.)
I have two kids in the military. One is a Sergeant in the Army. They believe (and so do I) that if you sign up and put your life on the line, gender identity is a non-issue. Nobody that they know in the serve has ever been "uncomfortable" with a transgender person working with them side by side.
Also, we spend a heck of a lot of money on other things in this country that do not make any kind of financial sense.

Bottom line is--Trump is a liar but then again most politicians are!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 08:49 AM

25,581 posts, read 21,764,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
I have two kids in the military. One is a Sergeant in the Army. They believe (and so do I) that if you sign up and put your life on the line, gender identity is a non-issue. Nobody that they know in the serve has ever been "uncomfortable" with a transgender person working with them side by side.
Also, we spend a heck of a lot of money on other things in this country that do not make any kind of financial sense.

Bottom line is--Trump is a liar but then again most politicians are!
I was in the military, Air Force, husband was in the military Navy, our older son is a LTC in the active Reserve (in uniform at least 5 days a week) and served 2 tours in Afghanistan, and we ALL see gender identity as an issue in the military.

In basic training, we showered 3 people in a stall made for 1, the last thing I would have wanted to deal with was a bobbing male part. We also dressed and undressed in open bays, and used toileting facilities with open stalls. I have no issue working with them in civilian life, ,but the military is a whole different thing, it is a "lifestyle", it is 24/7.

Spend money? Are you advocating that transgenders should have their medical issues, which they would enter the military with addressed by the military? See it doesn't work that way. If you have medical issues, they generally reject you. One cousin rejected because of flat feet and his sister because of her poor vision. Both were able to do many different types of jobs in civilian life. Weight issues? They don't take obese people and then do surgery to make them fit the lifestyle.

I doubt your children know that many people in the military. You do realize there are thousands of troops serving, right? You also need to understand that transgenders have more than a physical issue and require extensive medical procedures, medications, etc. A soldier needs to be ready to serve as is not with special treatment and procedures to make them fit a profile.

The military is unique, not like a civilian occupation and many because of physical or mental health needs/conditions are banned from joining: Medical Conditions That May Prevent You From Joining the Military | Military.com and https://www.thebalance.com/military-...ission-3354046

So, I suspect this is more about Trump than LGBTQ. I saw several interviews done with members of that community where they explained why they supported Trump.

Run a better candidate the next time and maybe you all won't have to constantly try to drag up nonsense to find something to chatter about when it comes to Trump.

I saw these t-shirts in the shop on his campaign website over a year ago. They had t-shirts, hats, etc. for "Veterans for Trump", "Women for Trump" etc.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:44 PM

18,748 posts, read 11,711,598 times
What if those T shirts are just another way to make money and nothing more?

Old 10-28-2017, 05:38 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,378,531 times
Any LGBT who supported Trump (and I suspect very few did) would have to just be stupid.

I mean, look at his VP.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Any LGBT who supported Trump (and I suspect very few did) would have to just be stupid.

I mean, look at his VP.
Exactly

Old 10-29-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
I was in the military, Air Force, husband was in the military Navy, our older son is a LTC in the active Reserve (in uniform at least 5 days a week) and served 2 tours in Afghanistan, and we ALL see gender identity as an issue in the military.

In basic training, we showered 3 people in a stall made for 1, the last thing I would have wanted to deal with was a bobbing male part. We also dressed and undressed in open bays, and used toileting facilities with open stalls. I have no issue working with them in civilian life, ,but the military is a whole different thing, it is a "lifestyle", it is 24/7.

Spend money? Are you advocating that transgenders should have their medical issues, which they would enter the military with addressed by the military? See it doesn't work that way. If you have medical issues, they generally reject you. One cousin rejected because of flat feet and his sister because of her poor vision. Both were able to do many different types of jobs in civilian life. Weight issues? They don't take obese people and then do surgery to make them fit the lifestyle.

I doubt your children know that many people in the military. You do realize there are thousands of troops serving, right? You also need to understand that transgenders have more than a physical issue and require extensive medical procedures, medications, etc. A soldier needs to be ready to serve as is not with special treatment and procedures to make them fit a profile.

The military is unique, not like a civilian occupation and many because of physical or mental health needs/conditions are banned from joining: Medical Conditions That May Prevent You From Joining the Military | Military.com and https://www.thebalance.com/military-...ission-3354046

So, I suspect this is more about Trump than LGBTQ. I saw several interviews done with members of that community where they explained why they supported Trump.

Run a better candidate the next time and maybe you all won't have to constantly try to drag up nonsense to find something to chatter about when it comes to Trump.

I saw these t-shirts in the shop on his campaign website over a year ago. They had t-shirts, hats, etc. for "Veterans for Trump", "Women for Trump" etc.

Really? Now you are speaking for all of the armed forces? LOL

"we ALL see gender identity as an issue in the military"

Yeah ok

Oh and I "need to understand that transgenders have more than a physical issue and require extensive medical procedures" ?
1. I am married to a "transgender" Thank you very much so your preaching to the choir. (so, unless you know someone who is.....)
2. I didn't say the military needs to pay for their surgeries, etc.
3. So it makes you uncomfortable. Boo Hoo.......transgender people who joined the Armed Forces still are putting their lives on the line just like You did.

HOWEVER. I Thank you for your service and your husband. I respect that.
I'm going to stop talking about this before it ends in a heated disagreement. I have no desire to get stressed out about it.
We will just "agree to disagree"

Old 11-03-2017, 04:15 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,567,090 times
Quote:
You do realize that we are all Americans and unless we get a handle on security in our country, you'll going to learn just what "anti-gay" is when sharia law is the law of the land. Realize that many cities are demanding it and a handful already have it in place as we move forward to having no borders and giving up our sovereignty.

Also, when these Muslims get in our country, they multiple like rabbits. We set them up with array of public assistance benefits, $65,000 EACH for their resettlement fee to the American taxpayer. Soon, they will be the majority. They will be making the laws here. You could lose your head over it or are you not gay and simply anti-Trump?

Wake up!
This is such garbage. I hope no one takes this sh*t seriously. You'd have to be a real nutcase in order to do so.

And for the few morons who do buy into it, let me point out to you that American Muslims are actually more accepting of same-sex marriage than American Evangelical Christians.

In America, Muslims Are More Likely to Support Gay Marriage Than Evangelical Christians - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Old 11-03-2017, 05:33 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,900,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

I mean, look at his VP.
Yes, because all [insert minority group] must think alike. At least in bigoted liberal la-la land.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:52 AM

58,431 posts, read 26,773,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Hmmm,

Trump's Latest Merchandise: Rainbow LGBTQ T-Shirts | Advocate.com

Thoughts?

Trump pivot?

I wonder if they are made in America or some place like Bangladesh.
So?

Have you ever heard of the Log Cabin Republicans?

Contrary to what the left media tells you, there are PLENTY of gays who vote repub, so why SHOULDN'T Trump try to get their vote?

Old 11-05-2017, 06:55 AM

58,431 posts, read 26,773,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
I will tell you where.

I was expecting Trump to be a man.

A man who was an outsider.

A man who would go to the convention and rip up the racist homophobic platform.

Instead Trump stood by as the GOP voted in the worst platform conceived. Further he picked a VP who is absolutely no friend of the LGBTQ community.

Trump twirls and is the worst kind of insider. An insider with no spine.
"Further he picked a VP who is absolutely no friend of the LGBTQ community. "

Are you one of those 1 issue voters?

There are MANY much MORE important issues then what bathroom someone can go into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections