Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2016, 04:42 AM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,978,232 times

Advertisements

Jill Stein goes all Tea Party on her followers:

“Hillary Clinton and now her transition director Ken Salazar, they’re big proponents of Trans-Pacific Partnership which is basically NAFTA on steroids and most observers believe that it will send our jobs overseas as well as undermine American sovereignty by bringing in these international tribunals that get to pass judgement on our laws, on our public health protections, on our worker protections." -Jill Stein

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvqdl_CGCGk

Old 08-27-2016, 07:17 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,516,649 times
mm4, do you think trade with other countries is good or bad? Also Stein only throws Clinton under the bus in the attempt to attract voters. Other than that she has much more in common with Hillary than the Orange clown.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
mm4, do you think trade with other countries is good or bad?
Your comment displays a marginal grasp of the problem. You're for TPP and TTIP, etc., because Hillary is. But because of your mind control, you're not thinking about the impacts.

If a country does not have the same environmental laws, or health laws, or labor laws, as the U.S., but manufacturers the same kind of product, or sells the same kind of foodstuff, that it can then export to U.S. shores without fear of tariff, that's called free trade. That's what TPP and these other "agreements" (so named to get around Congressional involvement in treaties as specified by the Constitution) are designed to facilitate.

They lower wages across the labor market--and on top of that you're often out of work; they lower world living standards. They're written to impose onerous regulations on small businesses that larger multinationals are exempt from. They make mockery of environmental safety, worker safety, globally.

It's one of the reasons why their proponents are called globalists.

But you're fine with that, because you've been trained to agree with whichever Democrat candidate is running. And you've been pressured by peers, as well as by progressive corporate media, to believe they're harmless.

Last edited by mm4; 08-27-2016 at 08:05 AM..

Old 08-27-2016, 08:05 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,516,649 times
Quote:
grasp of the problem. You're for TPP and TTIP, etc., because Hillary is. But because of your mind control, you're not thinking about the impacts.
Please don't tell me what I think and show us where Clinton supports the TPP?

I asked you a simple question. Can this country survive without trade from other countries? Not Alex Jones logic path of "if x happens so does y". Literally the whole point of trade agreements is to set standards that level the playing field.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:

I asked you a simple question. Can this country survive without trade from other countries? Not Alex Jones logic path of "if x happens so does y". Literally the whole point of trade agreements is to set standards that level the playing field.
You didn't understand a thing I wrote above, and you don't understand what Jill Stein said. You don't level the playing field unless either (1.) the United States has as few environmental, health, labor, safety, and citizenship regulations as China, or (2.) China is required to impose as many of those regs. and laws on its businesses as are imposed on U.S. businesses.

That's why tariffs were invented--which built this country.

Democrats and other globalists want to completely remove those barriers to free trade--while tying the hands of U.S. business so that the latter can't compete reciprocally with countries like China (that don't impose all of those cost-increasing regulations on their own businesses).

You'll lose even more of your jobs, your livelihoods, your wages will go down even more.

Last edited by mm4; 08-27-2016 at 08:25 AM..

Old 08-27-2016, 09:11 AM

1,202 posts, read 641,453 times
Quote:

45 times Clinton pushed the trade bill she now opposes - CNNPolitics.com

Old 08-27-2016, 09:35 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,655 times
Even if Hillary was for the TTP out right. Hillary would still get about the same amount of support as she's going to in November. Why? Because while economic issues are important....the chance of turning the Supreme Court left takes precedence over economic issues this election cycle.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:17 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Even if Hillary was for the TTP out right. Hillary would still get about the same amount of support as she's going to in November. Why? Because while economic issues are important....the chance of turning the Supreme Court left takes precedence over economic issues this election cycle.
yeah, well those new judges are going to need plenty of 24 hour security.

this country busts up if Clinton wins. with bullets.

Old 08-27-2016, 01:44 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
yeah, well those new judges are going to need plenty of 24 hour security.

this country busts up if Clinton wins. with bullets.
Take that under advisement.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections