Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 11:37 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
Even when he is FLAT-OUT busted, his supporters can't seem to grasp reality. In another thread that was started to trash Hillary, I PROVED that he did the same thing as Hillary was accused of WAY before she did, and still, the Cultists refuse to see the light:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...oat-style.html
Ok. I give. Do you have any desire to step away from the hyperbole?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 11:37 AM
BVH BVH started this thread

944 posts, read 605,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post

Why hasnt no one brought up his paying people to register to vote in Chicago for his run for the senate seat?
Do tell. I'm ALL ears.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Do tell. I'm ALL ears.
Anything to break him down, right?

By the way, there'd be no reason for Obama to pay anyone to do anything when he ran for Senate. He was essentially running unopposed. After Jack Ryan left the race due to a sex scandal, Alan Keyes stepped in to run. He didn't even live in IL. He moved there to run.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:00 PM
BVH BVH started this thread

944 posts, read 605,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Ok. I give. Do you have any desire to step away from the hyperbole?
Absolutely. However, every time actual opinions are expressed by Hillary supporters based on issues that the candidates are proposing, it quickly degenerates into Obama supporters accusing us of being racist or uneducated.

A specific example was where Alexus insinuated that Hillary supporters are "underachieving, redneck white trash." So, please provide suggestions as to how one is supposed to communicate with folks who simply refuse to debate on the merits of issues without resorting to the politics of personal destruction?

Old 02-21-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Absolutely. However, every time actual opinions are expressed by Hillary supporters based on issues that the candidates are proposing, it quickly degenerates into Obama supporters accusing us of being racist or uneducated.

A specific example was where Alexus insinuated that Hillary supporters are "underachieving, redneck white trash." So, please provide suggestions as to how one is supposed to communicate with folks who simply refuse to debate on the merits of issues without resorting to the politics of personal destruction?
For starters, you could refrain from engaging in the politics of personal destruction. Why don't we start a thread called something like: "the candidates on healthcare". In fact, I'll get that ball rolling.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:48 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I'm wondering what in the world is wrong with feeling enthusiastic, hopeful, prideful, and engaged? This man is bringing our youth out in droves to get involved in the political process, they are our country's future! They are not going to come out for some tired old man, and Hillary, while a smart woman, does not have what it takes to inspire them. I am more concerned about our country and the direction it is going for my children's sake than anything else. I grew up in a wonderful America, and I am extremely unhappy with the direction our current leadership has taken my country in the last decade or so. I'm ALLOWED to say that, that does not mean I am unpatriotic. IF IT TAKES SOMEONE WHOSE STRONGEST SKIILL IS HIS ABILITY TO INSPIRE, SO BE IT!!. Let the states decide on the individual issues. That is pretty much what they are doing now anyway. I want a President I'm not ashamed of. WE'VE FELT UNINSPIRED FOR WAY TOO LONG.
Gosh! I find Hillary and McCain very inspirational too! I think McCain has had a LONG career of doing great things for his country! I think it's amazing that a former POW could come as far as he has and be as even-keeled as he is! I find Hillary inspirational because she has an abundance of common sense and she's one of the STRONGEST women I've ever seen. To handle the things she has had to handle in the public eye is very very hard! (Look at how Britney is cracking under pressure!)

I'm inspired by the things people do, not what they say!

Old 02-21-2008, 12:49 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I'm wondering what in the world is wrong with feeling enthusiastic, hopeful, prideful, and engaged? This man is bringing our youth out in droves to get involved in the political process, they are our country's future! They are not going to come out for some tired old man, and Hillary, while a smart woman, does not have what it takes to inspire them. I am more concerned about our country and the direction it is going for my children's sake than anything else. I grew up in a wonderful America, and I am extremely unhappy with the direction our current leadership has taken my country in the last decade or so. I'm ALLOWED to say that, that does not mean I am unpatriotic. IF IT TAKES SOMEONE WHOSE STRONGEST SKIILL IS HIS ABILITY TO INSPIRE, SO BE IT!!. Let the states decide on the individual issues. That is pretty much what they are doing now anyway. I want a President I'm not ashamed of. WE'VE FELT UNINSPIRED FOR WAY TOO LONG.

This is exactly what scares me! So many people are falling under the spell of hope and inspiration that they aren't seeing the reality behind the man. I'm tired of rehashing the reasons I dislike him as a candidate b/c it's pointless. I'm scared to death of what is going to happen to this country for my 8 year old. We might as well change the name of the country to North Mexico and be done with it. All the money he wants to give away without people working for it is ridiculous. Wish I could just quit my job and rely on the gov't but it wouldn't work for me, if you know what I mean.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:30 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,006 times
What I get from this thread and the OP is that it has been so long and so unfortunate since Americans have seen a candidate so superior than those we have seen in over 40 decades - just a man with superior intelligence, with innovative ideas, who is well spoken with ideals bringing Light to a public who has has to live in the Dark for far too long. A candidate who conveys his ideas and rebuts arguments with CLASS.

After having lived through the current administration, and the previous one with emphasis on the Enquirer aspect of that one's administration, is it no surprise that citizens are looking for heroes who have gone missing for so long in this country and that its citizens are hungry for someone to look up to? If Obama seems to "walk on water" to you, he is obviously filling a strong hunger within the country and instead of blaming HIM for uplifting the country, you can blame the voters for having voted as they did previously.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:32 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Hero?? Now I've heard it all.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:38 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,006 times
Did I say he was a hero? I said looking for a hero. OK??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections