Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 03:38 PM

262 posts, read 154,869 times

Advertisements

Remember, all. Hillary is a follower and strong believer in Sol Alinski (or however you spell it.) For those unfamiliar with the name...he wrote the book and teaches how to destroy any government and turn that country to Communism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 03:53 PM

17,422 posts, read 13,200,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
I cringe every time Donald Trump uses the word "CROOKED" --- a euphemism for a physical condition--- to describe his opponent.

Trump is using the word "crooked" as a dog whistle against people with disabilities.

Trump sees the word as a way to describe people who, to him, are to be reviled and rejected, as he claims his political opponent should be reviled and rejected for being "crooked".

To Trump, people who are "crooked" are revolting, undesirable, flawed, unworthy, corrupt, no good and worthy of rejection.

Trump is using "Crooked" is a denigrating term meant to appeal purely to people's sight as a way to judge others.

This is how Trump sees people. If you're "crooked", you're automatically worthless and defective.

It reveals something about how Trump sees other people that he would choose a visually descriptive word to describe his opponent in negative light.

People with disabilities often have "crooked" limbs and if Trump finds that word useful in describing the alleged flaws and corruption of his political opponent, what is he thinking about people who are physically "crooked"?

My opinion is this is a man incapable of seeing people with disabilities. People with disabilities will become even more invisible under a Trump presidency than they are now.
I am throwing out the BS flag. CROOKED means Liar Cheat Fraud Hilary should be in jail

Old 08-29-2016, 03:58 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,225,644 times
Quote:
You must not have a physical disability so I'm not surprised you don't get it. You will never get it. Ever.
Trust me... Your disability isn't physical...

Old 08-30-2016, 05:03 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,317,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I seem to remember Obama making fun of the Special Olympics. The left fought hard to minimize the obvious slander. Now suddenly the left cares about the use of the word crooked?

"The Left"? No. In fact, I've never heard anyone try to make this strange argument/comparison other than the OP.

Have you?

Old 08-30-2016, 05:11 AM

21,075 posts, read 19,579,298 times
Hitliary makes fun of people with epilepsy:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YMHOcmDVBP0

Old 08-30-2016, 05:29 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,079,987 times
Quote:
I cringe every time Donald Trump uses the word "CROOKED" --- a euphemism for a physical condition--- to describe his opponent.

Trump is using the word "crooked" as a dog whistle against people with disabilities.

Trump sees the word as a way to describe people who, to him, are to be reviled and rejected, as he claims his political opponent should be reviled and rejected for being "crooked".

To Trump, people who are "crooked" are revolting, undesirable, flawed, unworthy, corrupt, no good and worthy of rejection.

Trump is using "Crooked" is a denigrating term meant to appeal purely to people's sight as a way to judge others.

This is how Trump sees people. If you're "crooked", you're automatically worthless and defective.

It reveals something about how Trump sees other people that he would choose a visually descriptive word to describe his opponent in negative light.

People with disabilities often have "crooked" limbs and if Trump finds that word useful in describing the alleged flaws and corruption of his political opponent, what is he thinking about people who are physically "crooked"?

My opinion is this is a man incapable of seeing people with disabilities. People with disabilities will become even more invisible under a Trump presidency than they are now.
Before he even used the word crooked, he ridiculed a disabled reporter. That, above anything else, showed me just what kind of jerk Trump really is.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:46 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,098,829 times
Quote:

Spare me! You people have no sense of humor, but your fake outrage is hilarious!

Old 08-30-2016, 07:23 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,687,639 times
Quote:
But "crooked" also means:

definition:

crooked

(ˈkrʊkɪd) adj 1. bent, angled or winding
2. set at an angle; not straight
3. deformed or contorted

If "crooked" has two meanings, why be deliberately provocative? Why not not just say "dishonest"?
Because 'crooked' sounds so much worse than plain 'dishonest'. And, your question "why be deliberately provocative?"... You do know that you asking that about trump, the poster boy for deliberately provocative?

Old 08-30-2016, 07:25 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,687,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Hitliary makes fun of people with epilepsy:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YMHOcmDVBP0
Now, wait a minute! Y'all have been saying that this is an actual epileptic seizure, now you are saying that she was making fun of epilepsy? So, which is it?

Old 08-30-2016, 07:36 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,292,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Now, wait a minute! Y'all have been saying that this is an actual epileptic seizure, now you are saying that she was making fun of epilepsy? So, which is it?
When they couldn't make people believe that the doctored video was of Hillary having a seizure then they switched to saying she was making fun of people with seizures so there is no "which is it." It's both in Trumpland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections