Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 05:19 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
He did an interview on The New Yorker Radio Hour.

He started off pleasantly enough, but it gradually became clear that he seemed to have no specific ideas, no particular intellect, nothing impressive in his background, nothing articulate about his conversation, no cultural interests, and no sense of humor. He also surprisingly lost his temper on the subject of guns.

If you're curious:
Episode 46: Gary Johnson, Angel Olsen, and a Bee Stylist - The New Yorker Radio Hour - WNYC
Good news is he's taking more votes away from clinton than anyone.

Gary Johnson, taking more voters from Hillary Clinton than Donald Trump, aims for shocker | OregonLive.com

For that, I am grateful for him being around. Makes sense as he's for open borders/amnesty just like the lying/I can't remember anything though I have time for 25k plate fundraisers with the hollywood rich elite but not visits to new orleans and a trip to meet with the mexican president where the "little people's" interests are. Yeah, I know....priorities. Any hil bots paying attention? **chirp chirp chirp**.

FBI: Clinton dozens of times couldn't recall info, events related to server, classified emails | Fox News

FBI Data Dump Shows Clinton is Criminal and Clueless | Observer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 09:06 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Good news is he's taking more votes away from clinton than anyone.
[/url]
Yeah he's the first Libertarian candidate for anything that draws most of his support from Democrat leaning voters who don't like their candidate.

Its kind of like 1980 when Republican John Anderson ran as an independent against Reagan and Carter.The theory was that it would hurt Reagan but most of his support,{he got about 7% IIRC},came from Republicans who didn't want to vote for Reagan and were happy to have an option where they didn't have to vote for Carter either,which many said they would have done in a two way race.

I hope he gets into the debates,he has zero chance of winning and may be a spoiler to Trumps benefit in several states.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:08 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Yeah he's the first Libertarian candidate for anything that draws most of his support from Democrat leaning voters who don't like their candidate.

Its kind of like 1980 when Republican John Anderson ran as an independent against Reagan and Carter.The theory was that it would hurt Reagan but most of his support,{he got about 7% IIRC},came from Republicans who didn't want to vote for Reagan and were happy to have an option where they didn't have to vote for Carter either,which many said they would have done in a two way race.

I hope he gets into the debates,he has zero chance of winning and may be a spoiler to Trumps benefit in several states.
Don't worry about his chances of winning. As long as he gets 5% of the popular vote, the Libertarian party will get federal matching funds in 2020. As bad as this election is, that one could be worse if we don't have a viable third party. The funds will help them get a better candidate and more traction earlier...hopefully.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:13 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,232 times
Gary Johnson is who all the cool and informed Bernie voters are gravitating toward.

Old 09-03-2016, 10:44 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Gary Johnson is who all the cool and informed Bernie voters are gravitating toward.
Not sure about informed. Sander's turned out to be a sell out to the establishment in the end. The "informed" didn't see that coming, got sold out. They should have known not to trust any politician, especially one around as long as sander's. Live and learn....maybe. Though if history is our guide, most will jump into the naive waters once again in another 4 years when another new sales approach is revealed by another suit. oh well....what else is new I suppose.

Old 09-04-2016, 02:44 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post

Plenty of people, even Mitt Romney has mentioned going third party. I'm looking that way, but if I see that it helps Trump, won't do it.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:54 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
If you haven't seen Samantha Bee's interview with Gary Johnson, you should check it out. Absolutely hilarious.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
He did an interview on The New Yorker Radio Hour.

He started off pleasantly enough, but it gradually became clear that he seemed to have no specific ideas, no particular intellect, nothing impressive in his background, nothing articulate about his conversation, no cultural interests, and no sense of humor. He also surprisingly lost his temper on the subject of guns.

If you're curious:
Episode 46: Gary Johnson, Angel Olsen, and a Bee Stylist - The New Yorker Radio Hour - WNYC
I have heard him several times: in fact he was governor when we first moved to NM. You are right, he has no sense of humor. But I didn't realize that was a requirement for running for President or being elected. He has no particular intellect? wow, I guess you are a part of the elite group who judges a candidate on how intellectual he or she sounds. At least he doesn't go around yelling and shaking his fist like Hillary.

I happen to think he has a lot of ideas, I just do not agree with them at all. BTW, he has achievements that may not be intellectual which you think is important, but how many do you know who have the discipline to prepare for climbing Mount Everest and succeed at it?

No, I am not supporting him: mainly because of his stand on illegals.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:24 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
if demonstrating intellect, Trump wouldn't have even gotten past the GOP Primaries - he's the least intellect of the group - has has the best sense of humor, imo.

the mocking of the disabled reporter was classic humor -

back to Johnson, his stance on illegal immigration and borders is very concerning (see issues link provided earlier in the thread).

Old 09-04-2016, 05:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
Both Stein and Johnson are clowns.
Why? because they are not part of our mainstream parties? I am not supporting either of them, know very little about her, but he isn't a clown by any means. He doesn't have a personality that will win any contests, that is for sure, but do we need a President that is Mr personality or Ms personality? Neither of the mainstream candidates are filled with a loving way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections