Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 06:06 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
He did an interview on The New Yorker Radio Hour.

He started off pleasantly enough, but it gradually became clear that he seemed to have no specific ideas, no particular intellect, nothing impressive in his background, nothing articulate about his conversation, no cultural interests, and no sense of humor. He also surprisingly lost his temper on the subject of guns.

If you're curious:
Episode 46: Gary Johnson, Angel Olsen, and a Bee Stylist - The New Yorker Radio Hour - WNYC
I saw him being interview a week or do ago.

What a looser goofball!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 10:44 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
He did an interview on The New Yorker Radio Hour.

He started off pleasantly enough, but it gradually became clear that he seemed to have no specific ideas, no particular intellect, nothing impressive in his background, nothing articulate about his conversation, no cultural interests, and no sense of humor. He also surprisingly lost his temper on the subject of guns.

If you're curious:
Episode 46: Gary Johnson, Angel Olsen, and a Bee Stylist - The New Yorker Radio Hour - WNYC
he's a sideshow clown and anyone who's seriously considering voting him ahead of Trump can join him in the circus with the colorful wig and face paint.(and the dancing bears, lyin ted would be proud)

Old 09-04-2016, 11:26 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I saw him being interview a week or do ago.

What a looser goofball!
You care to expand?

Old 09-04-2016, 01:34 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,431,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Plenty of people, even Mitt Romney has mentioned going third party. I'm looking that way, but if I see that it helps Trump, won't do it.
You live in Florida,which is actually competitive,so it 'could' help Trump if you vote Johnson.I guess you'll just need to embrace the philosophy of 'WWMRD', [What would Mitt Romney do?],in all your political decisions.

Perhaps you could run Romneys 'Republicans for Hillary' campaign in Florida.

Old 09-04-2016, 01:38 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
he's a sideshow clown and anyone who's seriously considering voting him ahead of Trump can join him in the circus with the colorful wig and face paint.(and the dancing bears, lyin ted would be proud)
Typical of hyperbole from the folks who are realizing they don't have a candidate strong enough to beat one of the most corrupt candidates ever. Not shocking, but definitely sad and scary on many accounts. Too bad the Republicans couldn't have nominated someone even marginally passable, Hillary would have been steamrolled.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:45 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Johnson and Weld were pretty much RINOs who got elected as governor in typical Liberal leaning states. With john sons wish to have wide open borders for illegals, I believe he will draw more votes away from the Democratic side than he will from the Republican side, which is opposite from past elections where the Libertarians had any traction.

I welcome his participation. But I won't vote for him.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:52 AM

25,552 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Johnson and Weld were pretty much RINOs who got elected as governor in typical Liberal leaning states. With john sons wish to have wide open borders for illegals, I believe he will draw more votes away from the Democratic side than he will from the Republican side, which is opposite from past elections where the Libertarians had any traction.

I welcome his participation. But I won't vote for him.
Like most other people you wildly misstate Johnson's intent with regards to immigration.

I'm afraid that Johnson will not be able to overcome people who either will not take the time to understand what he is saying, or purposely misstate it in order to promote their own candidate.
However, the polls show that you are correct about one thing; Johnson takes more votes from Hillary than Trump. Trump voters are adamant about their wall.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:09 AM

6,258 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
It is very hard to get past his personality and affect. He looks and sounds like a limp-wristed clown. But his track record shows he's able to work with both sides of the aisle and that's exactly what this country needs. He feels Congress should play a major role in establishing law and not the POTUS through executive orders. I was concerned about his beliefs about marijuana and prostitution in society, but that's not a show stopper. I believe he did very well with his state's budget, maybe even balancing his budget, if I'm not mistaken.
He resigned as CEO of a pot company in January so he could run for president, used pot in May but promised not to do it anymore while he's running and during his tenure as president should he become elected:

Gary Johnson promises to lay off the weed as president - Washington Times

I've watched interviews with both him and Stein recently. No.

Just no.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:10 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I'm just going to call BS on the majority of your post and assume you went in wanting to be negative, the highlighted reason alone pretty much gives that bias away.

You don't find it at ALL impressive that he started a handyman business that he eventually grew to one of the biggest in the state of New Mexico with over 1,000 employees and then sold it for $10M? Politics aside, if thats not impressive, I don't know what to tell you.
No, sorry, I don't.

Where did Americans get the funny idea that a successful businessman is automatically qualified to run a First World country? In fact, an argument could be made that a businessman mentality is exactly the opposite of what a presidential mentality should be.

As for BucFan, I find it hard to believe he'd word work with both sides if he can't even keep a rein on his temper for a 20-minute interview.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:50 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
Quote:
Plenty of people, even Mitt Romney has mentioned going third party. I'm looking that way, but if I see that it helps Trump, won't do it.
I've been entertaining it for a while but after an interview with the military times yesterday, I'm seriously thinking about not voting for him. While I know the military has some wasteful spending, they still continue to cut programs for the members and their families. He's wanting to do another round of BRAC and also continue to cut military personnel.
Military Times' Q&A with Gary Johnson: How he'd lead as c | MilitaryTimes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections