Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 03:46 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,383,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Sure he can. There's surgery available.

And after reading dozens, if not hundreds, of criticisms of Hillary's body parts and appearance, I figured I'd join in the "spirit" y'all have conjured! Why not -- you should SEE the reps and messages I got from YOUR side whenever I'd point out how tacky such attacks are. Let's see -- I was accused of being a feminist, "on the rag," "uppity," a "racist" (which made no sense at all), and "inappropriate" when I objected to Hillary being called a "bi**h and having her appearance torn to shreds.

So, YOU WIN! I still won't give your people negative reps or send insulting messages like y'all do, but mildly pointing out the obvious is suddenly fair game. I look forward to what the Republicans will bring.
That's pretty silly. It's silly either way. Attacking personal appearance? Lame.

Congratulations. You've sunk to the level of your opponent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 03:56 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,791,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
Never thought I'd hear you teatime criticizing someone for something he can't help (ear).
Will Smith has big ears, too. I think he'll play Obama in the biographical movie someday.

Last edited by Art123; 02-22-2008 at 04:09 PM..

Old 02-22-2008, 04:16 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
That's pretty silly. It's silly either way. Attacking personal appearance? Lame.

Congratulations. You've sunk to the level of your opponent.
I'm holding up a mirror to the faces of your supporters. Don't like what you see? Too bad and too late. Months ago, I would have voted for Obama if he was the Dem. nominee. And then I met y'all and listened carefully to his rhetoric, coming to realize that the nasty ways in which y'all characterized those not on your bandwagon were coming from the master himself.

If my candidate's run is nearing an end, you can't possibly think -- after all of the nasty comments (public and private) and negative reps -- that we're just going to sing kumbaya and join you, do you? Not going to happen. I am angry at what your people have said to me personally and I'm angry at what is happening to the Democratic Party.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I'm holding up a mirror to the faces of your supporters. Don't like what you see? Too bad and too late. Months ago, I would have voted for Obama if he was the Dem. nominee. And then I met y'all and listened carefully to his rhetoric, coming to realize that the nasty ways in which y'all characterized those not on your bandwagon were coming from the master himself.

If my candidate's run is nearing an end, you can't possibly think -- after all of the nasty comments (public and private) and negative reps -- that we're just going to sing kumbaya and join you, do you? Not going to happen. I am angry at what your people have said to me personally and I'm angry at what is happening to the Democratic Party.
I have no "supporters". I can only speak for and represent myself. You can do the same.

Your anger accomplishes little.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:55 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I have no "supporters". I can only speak for and represent myself. You can do the same.

Your anger accomplishes little.
Yep, you're apparently right. If my anger does not get y'all to rail in the underhanded crap the Obama supporters have been doing here, then it will continue. Oh, well. Have at it, but do own it because it reflects on you, too. None of those cowards had the guts to sign their names to the insults so you could very well be one of them.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Yep, you're apparently right. If my anger does not get y'all to rail in the underhanded crap the Obama supporters have been doing here, then it will continue. Oh, well. Have at it, but do own it because it reflects on you, too. None of those cowards had the guts to sign their names to the insults so you could very well be one of them.
Involve me in your witch-hunt if you must. I never engaged in such silliness. It would be a waste of time and energy. You seem like an intelligent person, and it's just sort of disappointing that you feel the need to engage in that sort of mess.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:44 PM

29 posts, read 130,241 times
Hillary is going to win Texas, a lot of people don't trust Obama and the other half are afraid for his safety. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:24 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,851 times
Default She disconnected herself...again

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
I was watching Hardball with Chris Matthews (MSNBC) this evening and he had two guests who commented on this...in summary:

They felt, and I agree, that this is what's essentially wrong with her campaign. Using the word "Xerox" is a dated term, which most young adults don't use today...and they are voting for Obama in droves. Most professionals today do use the terms, "scan" or "copy" as they pointed out. Hillary needs the young vote, and she just keeps talking over their heads.

She also began the debate with a tribute to Barbara Jordan, again, someone not known to young voters, whose votes she needs, they pointed out.

I didn't even know who she was so I decided to research her...after reading about her I thought...was this tribute/acknowledgement targeted towards another group? I think so. Another transparent PR move.

This is another problem with Clinton's campaign. She makes assumptions about her base...continually, and her assumptions are almost always wrong! This is why she is losing. Period.

She is simply out of touch with who her base is and what issues they feel are important. She keeps harping on "experience" and being "ready on day one." These two platform boosters have done nothing to boost her. They have only kept her running after Obama.

She represents "old" theories and the politics of the past. This is why many are not voting for her. People on these threads complain that Obama only says "change," but offers no explanation as to what he is going to change. Well, it's staring you right in the face when you look at what Hillary brings to the table - nothing new, dated rhetoric, and Bill would again be Commander in Chief but in the closet.

She's just become too pathetic to even take seriously anymore.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:33 PM

775 posts, read 578,894 times
Thanks, Jaded. I found that very informative - and had not thought how
"uncurrent" she is. She is never interesting, never original, nothing creative there. You can tell she depends totally on her handlers who have not helped her in any way. You'd think she'd do some thinking for herself. For example, I can't believe she started chanting like Obama saying "Yes we Can" making herself look so foolish - that's what I mean about no original bone in her body.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:58 AM

754 posts, read 1,448,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I was watching Hardball with Chris Matthews (MSNBC) this evening and he had two guests who commented on this...in summary:

They felt, and I agree, that this is what's essentially wrong with her campaign. Using the word "Xerox" is a dated term, which most young adults don't use today...and they are voting for Obama in droves. Most professionals today do use the terms, "scan" or "copy" as they pointed out. Hillary needs the young vote, and she just keeps talking over their heads.

She also began the debate with a tribute to Barbara Jordan, again, someone not known to young voters, whose votes she needs, they pointed out.

I didn't even know who she was so I decided to research her...after reading about her I thought...was this tribute/acknowledgement targeted towards another group? I think so. Another transparent PR move.

This is another problem with Clinton's campaign. She makes assumptions about her base...continually, and her assumptions are almost always wrong! This is why she is losing. Period.

She is simply out of touch with who her base is and what issues they feel are important. She keeps harping on "experience" and being "ready on day one." These two platform boosters have done nothing to boost her. They have only kept her running after Obama.

She represents "old" theories and the politics of the past. This is why many are not voting for her. People on these threads complain that Obama only says "change," but offers no explanation as to what he is going to change. Well, it's staring you right in the face when you look at what Hillary brings to the table - nothing new, dated rhetoric, and Bill would again be Commander in Chief but in the closet.

She's just become too pathetic to even take seriously anymore.
Thanks, you've just put into words exactly how I feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections