Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 08:15 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,431,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
That 15% threshold is nothing more than a way for the two major parties to keep their stranglehold on us all. If a candidate is on enough state ballots to get enough electorial college votes to win they should get the opportunity to be at the debates. What are you worried is going to happen to your candidate if he is there?
Well I think there should be a threshold.....perhaps 15% is too high.

I don't care if they do let him in the debates.I don't think it would make any real difference at all,i'm not worried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 08:34 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,040 times
Johnson can definitely swing the race one way or another, he is polling at 20%+ in multiple states and in double digits in 43 states.

I'm not sure if this counts as a endorsement from Romney, but it's pretty darn close. He was already at 23% in Utah, maybe this could get him to 30%. If he can move be into second place in a state, that will make a world of difference.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:48 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Mitt is a proven looser that need attention what an ass
4 years ago posters on this forum were passionately gushing about how Romney could do no wrong.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:50 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,380 times
Romney got his "Feelings Hurt" during his run for President. Johnson should run as far as he can from Romney.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Johnson can definitely swing the race one way or another, he is polling at 20%+ in multiple states and in double digits in 43 states.

I'm not sure if this counts as a endorsement from Romney, but it's pretty darn close. He was already at 23% in Utah, maybe this could get him to 30%. If he can move be into second place in a state, that will make a world of difference.
What polls are you looking at?I haven't seen a single poll where he was at 20% anywhere nor have I seen polls with him in double digits in anywhere remotely close to 43 states.He is in a pretty distant third in Utah currently and even in New Mexico he is in third place.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
What polls are you looking at?I haven't seen a single poll where he was at 20% anywhere nor have I seen polls with him in double digits in anywhere remotely close to 43 states.He is in a pretty distant third in Utah currently and even in New Mexico he is in third place.
They are both the most recent polls shown on the five thirty eight website. I don't remember which polls they are specifically. But you can find them in the state comparisons page with links to the polling websites.

I was first made aware of this by Johnsons Facebook page, and then saw it again in the aforementioned website.

You can go through state by state and compare. I'm not sure where you are getting your polling information, but Johnson regularly polls above 15% in multiple states.

New Meixco Johnson was at 25% and Trump is at 29%. Utah Johnson was 23% and Clinton 27%.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:48 PM

Quote:
They are both the most recent polls shown on the five thirty eight website. I don't remember which polls they are specifically. But you can find them in the state comparisons page with links to the polling websites.

I was first made aware of this by Johnsons Facebook page, and then saw it again in the aforementioned website.

You can go through state by state and compare. I'm not sure where you are getting your polling information, but Johnson regularly polls above 15% in multiple states.

New Meixco Johnson was at 25% and Trump is at 29%. Utah Johnson was 23% and Clinton 27%.
Well i'll go look over there.I follow the Realclear politics site pretty closely and haven't seen any results like you've stated.I've also googled looking for results and found none with him that high EXCEPT among targeted groups.In other words in some states he may be polling at 23% of independents or voters under 25 yo. but that's a far cry from polling 20% of registered voters.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:50 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,971,928 times
Quote:

Here is a link to the Washington Post polls that reflect that, have to scroll down a bit

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...50-state-poll/

Old 09-07-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Well i'll go look over there.I follow the Realclear politics site pretty closely and haven't seen any results like you've stated.I've also googled looking for results and found none with him that high EXCEPT among targeted groups.In other words in some states he may be polling at 23% of independents or voters under 25 yo. but that's a far cry from polling 20% of registered voters.
I'm on my phone with limited data, otherwise I'd go over there and get the links. CD is nice because it uses so little data.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Here is a link to the Washington Post polls that reflect that, have to scroll down a bit

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...50-state-poll/
Well the Wash Post polls are Wash post/Survey monkey polls which Nate Silver uses on the 538 website but gives a c- to for accuracy.They are online polls, in some states are the only polls where Gary Johnson is asked about so its hard to draw any hard conclusions from one poll.Where multiple polls exist in a given state Johnson does much better on SurveyMonkey than on other polls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections