Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 07:44 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Way to go, Larry.

From today's Morning Joe:
I understand Johnson thinking it was an acronym because of the way it was asked. The problems go beyond Aleppo, and if there was a single city that should be focused on in Syria it should be Raqqa. It was a bull**** question from an establishment hack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 07:48 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Sounds good but not what voters want to hear. Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda went unchecked in Afghanistan and perpetrated what they did 9/11. ISIS will likely do the same if unchecked. The days of being isolationist are long gone (since before WWII). Can't bury our heads in the sand, imo.

Yes. I mean, it is not like anyone else is shooting at ISIS *cough* the Shia *cough*

And you do realize our government is now supporting Al-Qaeda right? America siding with 'terrorists' like al-Nusra? It's not a conspiracy theory | The Independent

And do you or any of these "lets bomb em!" people even know what Osama's master plan was? He was not stupid and his plan to destroy America is working, thanks to people like you:

The Independent Report: Osama bin Laden's Ultimate Goal: Bankrupt America

The whole reason he attacked America on 9/11 was to make the American government spend money attacking him. He wanted to make such a stir that anywhere an Al-Qaeda flag went, the US government would spend BILLIONS to take it down, all while making more enemies out of civilians in the process and creating more radicals. The result would be to make America bleed money and over-extend itself and eventually collapse.

And now, with no troops in Iraq or Syria, the Sunni's of Al-Nusra and ISIS have a new enemy: the Shia.

Why oh why should America follow the marching orders of Bin Laden when we could be sitting back with a big bowl of popcorn watching our enemies wipe each other out? Which, btw, is the one thing Bin Laden feared would happen.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:47 PM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times
I see that Russia and the US have announced a 7 day cease fire that will let humanitarian aid into Aleppo along with other areas of Syria. It will be interesting to see if it holds as the track record for these has not been good

Old 09-10-2016, 12:00 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I see that Russia and the US have announced a 7 day cease fire that will let humanitarian aid into Aleppo along with other areas of Syria. It will be interesting to see if it holds as the track record for these has not been good

So in other words, diplomacy with Russia...which is exactly the same thing Johnson proposed and got blasted for.

I hate the mainstream media.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:06 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Can't see ISIS abiding.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:40 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
0% chance of winning. But go ahead and feel like you are "making a stand" by voting for him.

...especially if Hitliary was your second choice.

Old 09-10-2016, 04:36 AM

There needs to be more than two people in this upcoming debate rather than just the two party candidates.

A larger percentage of American voters identify as independents (39 percent of the electorate, according to Pew) than as Democrats (32 percent) or Republicans (23 percent).

Polls show Independents are divided between the three candidates and to not allow Johnson in the mix is a rigged system, imo.

Poll: Libertarian Johnson tops Clinton among independents | TheHill

Old 09-10-2016, 04:47 AM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Johnson is in outer space. In every interview I've seen him in he appears timid, low energy, weak, old, spacey.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:08 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Johnson is in outer space. In every interview I've seen him in he appears timid, low energy, weak, old, spacey.
Then you ain't seen him much.

Old? As compared to which other candidate?
Low Energy? As compared to which other candidate? Donald Trump?
Climbed Everest yourself, have you? With Don?

We heard all about how "presidential" Hillary looked while she lied during testimony, and how she "didn't sweat". Does that work better for you?
Or do the hysterical rantings of Trump work better?

Old 09-10-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Then you ain't seen him much.

Old? As compared to which other candidate?
Low Energy? As compared to which other candidate? Donald Trump?
Climbed Everest yourself, have you? With Don?

We heard all about how "presidential" Hillary looked while she lied during testimony, and how she "didn't sweat". Does that work better for you?
Or do the hysterical rantings of Trump work better?
I laughed when I read that, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections