Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2016, 08:13 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayleah View Post
And George Bush proved that tax cuts and tax credits (remember that extra $800 we all got) don't translate to more money for the middle class.

Assumptions are never becoming of a person. You honestly have no clue what I do and do not know about small business. As someone who has worked for 2 small business owners (who were also friends) and was offered the opportunity to buy into one of them, I understand more than you think. Big companies do more to destroy small businesses than the government does. If lower taxes will give small business more revenue it will also give big businesses more revenue...to buyout more companies and take lower profit margins.

But if you really want your points to be taken seriously you should probably try making an actual point....without the sarcasm.
LOL, you "WORKED FOR" two small businesses as a W2 employee but never put your money at risk nor navigated the beaurocracy to start and run a small business yourself and now you think you know it all? Until you did it on your own you know very little if not much at all.

Yes big companies do destroy small business and one way is crony capitalism. Do you actually think that if Hillary gets into office that she'll be working for you? You live in liberal la la land if you do. She will cater to big business so they will contribute to her the next election. Why do you think these big business and monied people are contributing to her now? They are very smart with money and they don't just give their money away for no reason, they are investing in their future. They expect her to put forth policies that will benefit them, to hell with small business and if it hurts them all the better.

If you think buy out is the only way then you're delusional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 08:20 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, you "WORKED FOR" two small businesses as a W2 employee but never put your money at risk to start and run a small business yourself and now you think you know it all? Until you did it on your own you know very little if not much at all.

Yes big companies do destroy small business and one way is crony capitalism. Do you actually think that if Hillary gets into office that she'll be working for you? You live in liberal la la land if you do. She will cater to big business so they will contribute to her the next election. Why do you think these big business and monied people are contributing to her now. They don't just give their money away for no reason, they are investing in their future. They expect her to put forth policies that will benefit them, to hell with small business and if it hurts them all the better.

Come on, don't tell people the truth, they aren't going to like it and next thing you know this thread will revert to how evil you are for hating blind people and wanting them to live on $600/month.

Hillary Clinton's Wal-Mart ties breed mistrust among liberals, boost Bernie Sanders - Washington Times

Quote:
Alice Walton, the daughter of Sam Walton, the founder of the chain of big box stores, gave Mrs. Clinton’s Democratic National Committee Victory Fund $353,000 in December, a contribution just made public last month. Before that she contributed $25,000 to the Ready for Hillary political action committee.
Yup, I'm sure Hillary is going to be REALLY pushing for that $15/hr minimum wage any day now. But as long as she can lie to the faces of her supporters about how "important" it is to her, she is just full of s4!t until one of her other backers can come up with $378K of their own money to buy her out from the Walton/Walmart influence. Pay for play folks, thats how the Clintons roll.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:21 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, you "worked" FOR 2 small businesses but never put your money at risk to start and run a small business yourself and now you think you know it all? Until you did it on your own you know very little if not much at all.

Yes big companies do destroy small business and one way is crony capitalism. Do you actually think that if Hillary gets into office that she'll be working for you? You live in liberal la la land if you do. She will cater to big business so they will contribute to her the next election. Why do you think these big business and monied people are contributing to her now. They don't just give their money away for no reason, they are investing in their future. They expect her to put forth policies that will benefit them, to hell with small business and if it hurts them all the better.

Who are you kidding? You are even more against straight shooters like Bernie Sanders with a 40 year track record of fighting for the working class and who is not in anyone's pockets than you are against Hillary Clinton. Dont pretend that you are so against big money donors. You are against anything government, period. You are basically parroting everything the billionaire class fight for and sticking it to the 99%. You are clearly against democracy as you deny that inequality is a problem, which is a common theme among far right libertarians who hate government and work as shills for the rich.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:26 PM

Oh! Oh! Here it comes, the Libertarian attacks. Where's my popcorn, I love the PCALmike reruns of talking points that make no sense.

I think PCALMike should donate the money he makes from posting here to all of the blind folks and disabled children that he accuses everyone else of hating. I mean why isn't he donating all of his extra money to help those less fortunate. He has way too much time to be posting here, he should be working 24x7 to support those unfortunates that we all obviously hate and want to die, unlike him and his extremely charitable self.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Oh! Oh! Here it comes, the Libertarian attacks. Where's my popcorn, I love
You are just unable to defend your callous libertarian positions, naturally, so you throw tantrums.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:30 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
No candidate can "increase my wage" that is something only my employer can do. The best a candidate can do is tinker with tax policy and TAKE LESS of my wage.
Exactly! It is quite likely that the President can not change tax policy without the co-operation of Congress, so, once again, anybody who makes such a claim is playing with smoke and mirrors (again), making promises that can not be kept!
But yet, people insist that "The candidate SAID she (or he) would do this or that!" They never think of the fact that the President is NOT a dictator, and can NOT do much without the consent of Congress!

Old 09-08-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You are just unable to defend your callous libertarian positions, naturally, so you throw tantrums.
Generally its hard to defend anything against anyone that starts with the personal attacks. I'm not 100% Libertarian, and I know that this is going to make you wet yourself and probably have your brain melt out of your ears, but I actually make it a point to not only donate to several charities every year, but also use my personal business to encourage others to do so too.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Generally its hard to defend anything against anyone that starts with the personal attacks. I'm not 100% Libertarian, and I know that this is going to make you wet yourself and probably have your brain melt out of your ears, but I actually make it a point to not only donate to several charities every year, but also use my personal business to encourage others to do so too.
lol, do you want a cookie for that? Its well known that the "charity is enough" crowd know full well what massive suffering will be caused by eliminating government support for the disabled, the blind, the elderly and the destitute. But the super rich people who fund the libertarian agenda (and they are well funded) just dont care because they are not members of the 99%. The Kochs have more than $80 billion between them. Jeff Bezos have almost $60 billion. These libertarians have money coming out of their ears and will ensure that enough members of the 99% are brainwashed into supporting their interests.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
lol, do you want a cookie for that? Its well known that the "charity is enough" crowd know full well what massive suffering will be caused by eliminating government support for the disabled, the blind, the elderly and the destitute. But the super rich people who fund the libertarian agenda (and they are well funded) just dont care because they are not members of the 99%. The Kochs have more than $80 billion between them. Jeff Bezos have almost $60 billion. These libertarians have money coming out of their ears and will ensure that enough members of the 99% are brainwashed into supporting their interests.
See, nothing is ever enough for folks like you. This is why I just laugh at you. You are just Don Duixote tilting at windmills, telling others what they should do, calling folks names, belittling others, and probably milking the system yourself. Me on the other hand, I go to work every day, have my side job, and do what I can to donate to others, I don't expect cookies and pats on the back, but you better believe that I'm not going to sit here and be bullied by folks like you who seem to find warmth and benefit from belittling me for that. You genuinely seem to relish belittling others and calling them names. I feel more sorry for you than I do for the other people that you sit here and take advantage of in the name of your political beliefs. At least those folks that are in bad situations probably bust their *****es to get by instead of bitching about it all like an uninformed 12 year old.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
See, nothing is ever enough for folks like you. This is why I just laugh at you.
Its quite clear that libertarians like yourself are simply unable to defend your callous beliefs. You KNOW that it will massively hurt the disabled, the blind, the vets, the poor and the elderly and as soon as people point that out, you just throw tantrums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections