Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 06:35 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,132 times

Advertisements

Zogby's poll shows that Obama would beat McCain if the election were held today.

Obama - 47% (president-elect)http://www.coolclipart.com/img/american-flag-clipart-2.gif (broken link)

McCain - 40%

If Clinton were the nominee and the election were held today, this would be the results

McCain - 50% (president-elect)http://www.coolclipart.com/img/american-flag-clipart-2.gif (broken link)

Clinton - 38%

For the democrats, Obama is more electable and he is the best chance for the democrats to take back the White House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 08:14 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times
It's become obvious, head to head with McCain, Obama is the better candidate. Almost all the polls show Obama running stronger. Hillary Clinton is way too polarizing of a figure to win. Democrats who want to win the presidency will support Obama.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - National Polls

Old 02-22-2008, 08:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Zogby's poll shows that Obama would beat McCain if the election were held today.
Obama - 47% (president-elect)

McCain - 40%

If Clinton were the nominee and the election were held today, this would be the results

McCain - 50% (president-elect)

Clinton - 38%

For the democrats, Obama is more electable and he is the best chance for the democrats to take back the White House.
That only makes sense. Clinton from day one has polarized the Republicans with her non stop blame and name calling on all "republicans".

While Obama has attacked the right, his attacks have been rather focused on the "administration".

Old 02-22-2008, 09:00 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
The NY Post today, which is a paper with right leaning tendencies had McCain beating Obama in "several," polls. Who do I believe? Ehh....

Old 02-22-2008, 09:05 AM

407 posts, read 800,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
It's become obvious, head to head with McCain, Obama is the better candidate. Almost all the polls show Obama running stronger. Hillary Clinton is way too polarizing of a figure to win. Democrats who want to win the presidency will support Obama.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - National Polls
Just because Obama is shown to beat McCain does not make him the better candidate. In fact, we do not have a good candidate.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
Just because Obama is shown to beat McCain does not make him the better candidate. In fact, we do not have a good candidate.
Then sit on the sidelines and don't support anybody. For me, though I prefer Obama anyway, electability is definitely an issue.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Then sit on the sidelines and don't support anybody. For me, though I prefer Obama anyway, electability is definitely an issue.
I will do a write in since we have nobody worthwhile running. But the facts are that we do not elect the Presidents anyway. The powers that be pick and choose who they want and that is who it will be no matter what or who you vote for. There hasn't been a fair election in this country for well over a century now. You go ahead and think that what you are doing is going to make a difference though.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
The NY Post today, which is a paper with right leaning tendencies had McCain beating Obama in "several," polls. Who do I believe? Ehh....
Isn't the Post owned by Murdoch? Enough said.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
I will do a write in since we have nobody worthwhile running. But teh facts are that we do not elect the Presidents anyway. The powers that be pick and choose who they want and that is who it will be no matter what or who you vote for. There hasn't been a fair election in this country for well over a century now. You go ahead and think that what you are doing is going to make a difference though.
If you honestly believe the election process is rigged, why are you bothering to vote at all?

Old 02-22-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
If you honestly believe the election process is rigged, why are you bothering to vote at all?
I also work the polls and work on campaigns. I do this because it is my hope that someday there will be good to come of it.

The question should be...why in the hell would any thinking person no know that the elections are rigged?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections