Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will they choose?
Joe Biden 37 43.02%
Elizabeth Warren 6 6.98%
Bernie Sanders 18 20.93%
Tim Kaine 18 20.93%
Other 7 8.14%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 08:22 AM

4,365 posts, read 4,320,344 times

Advertisements

Should Sanders Push Himself Back Into the Presidential Picture?

Only if wants to have 'an accident'

Old 09-12-2016, 08:23 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,056,604 times
New Jersey may have the solution. Frank Lautenberg.

Oh, Wait. He's already dead.

Seriously, though. Look at the before and after pictures of every president over the last 50 years and see how they all aged while in office. Hillary already looks like the after picture.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:23 AM

45,347 posts, read 26,931,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Bernie's a whack job. Everyone except radical leftists knows that he'd be a disaster for the U.S. economy. If Hilary's out Biden will have to step up to the plate.
I agree about him being an economical disaster. But I also don't believe he got a totally fair shake in the primary process.

For some reason, as goofy as Biden is, I don't see him cut from the same cloth and Clinton, Obama. His policies would probably still be troublesome, but I don't see him as totally anti-American as his boss is.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:32 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,056,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I would not doubt that they need to at least have the discussion. If she were diagnosed with bacterial pneumonia, she could have been spreading it to others and sadly, hugging a little girl having come out of Chelsea's apartment knowing she had this having been diagnosed with it on Friday says a LOT about the political prostitute, Hillary Clinton.

It was bad enough that she disrupted the 9/11 ceremony, add to that spreading her germs everywhere............

I suspect they are addressing "what if". She canceled her trip to CA and the debates are a couple of weeks away at this point. If they are going to replace her, they need to do it before the debates.

I don't know what Hillary has on the DNC, but it must be GOOD for them to have let this continue without stepping in. Well, and then there was pushing Bernie out of her way by the DNC.
She could visit with a veterans group and carry with her, the solution for poor medical care - death.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:35 AM

24,365 posts, read 22,959,264 times
I thought that MAYBE they're making her illness and failing health worse than it seems. Why would her own camp try to take her down and have her go along with it? Maybe there are extremely damaging emails that have been hacked or recovered and are about to be released. This way she goes out and looks a little like a poor soul who deserves at least a little pity.
It's either that or she's every bit as ill as she appears and they're no longer able to hide it or fool anyone.
The Hillary Camp are beyond classless and completely without character or integrity. How her supporters don't feel used and betrayed and taken advantage of is beyond me.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:36 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,296,269 times
Default What Happens if Hillary Clinton Has to Drop Out?

Yesterday I read more conflicting stories about what the DNC might do if Hillary has to drop out. I'm no expert at the legalities of political parties and it appears most of the writers aren't either. But today, here are two pretty decent summaries:

Heatstreet:

"When it comes to candidates (rather than office holders) the rules actually come from the political parties, not the Constitution. For Republicans, if a Presidential candidate dies or drops out, the RNC has to either convene a new convention or take an official poll of the RNC’s state representatives to select a replacement candidate. Most likely, the RNC would move the running mate up to the top of the bill, in order to preserve what fundraising has already been done for the ticket.

But for the Democrats, it’s not so clear. The Democratic National Committee reserves the right to replace a candidate who dies or drops out, and it doesn’t provide additional details in its by-laws. So presumably the Democrats would have to make up the process up as they go along. The DNC could entrust replacing Clinton to a central DNC brain trust or, more likely, replicate the RNC’s system, handing the vote over to the committee’s state delegates."

What Now? If Hillary Clinton Drops Out, Dems May Have to Pin Hopes on Tim Kaine

Law Newz by the respected Dan Abrams agrees:

Now, it’s still purely speculation, but should a presidential candidate drop out, the Democratic National Committee has rules in place to handle the situation. Article 2, Section 7 of the DNC Bylaws says that if there is a vacancy on the national ticket, a special meeting of the Committee ” shall be held on the call of the Chairperson,” where they would choose a new candidate. Such meetings make decisions based on a majority of those in attendance.

Here

So it doesn't have to go back to the fifty states. Imagine the pressure on the DNC right now

Old 09-12-2016, 08:38 AM

8,070 posts, read 6,937,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Why not Michelle? Celebrity seems more important than preparation to today's electorate. Or maybe Eva Longoria. She is early in her political career but is much better prepared than Trump. She'd get the latinos out.
Michelle would be perfect.

It would make the alt-right very happy. Obama 2.0 A Muslim Kenyan black woman in the white house is their dream come true.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:39 AM

1,050 posts, read 695,753 times
People so often characterize Biden as "uncle", he does not have the gravitas to be president.

Kaine, on the other hand, is not well-known.

I'd have to say Bernie does have the necessary gravitas for the presidency as well as the newly forged relationship with us, he is more trusted snd suited for the role, I believe

Old 09-12-2016, 08:45 AM

8,070 posts, read 6,937,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
You assume that a lot of people that are willing to vote for her like her and care about her. This is a mistake in my view. There will be some people on this board that will try convince you that people are "with her".....they're not. She is a tool to be utilized to turn the Supreme Court left. That is the only issue that counts in the election. It the thing she can deliver. And it's the thing that's going to get her elected.

Actually, the election quite interesting because it gets back to basics of politics.....I don't care who you are.......It's what can you do for me?
Like people ever cared for people they don't know in person. They barely care for those who they know in real life. People don't even feel sadness when an old friend they haven't seen in years dies. It's human nature.

If Trump kicked the bucket today many would be more concerned about losing the election than about the Orange's man departure from this planet. Many don't even like him. They are just voting for him because they want a republican in the White House.

This melodramatic card some Trumpettes are playing is nothing more than a cheap shot. Obviously they are just using it as a device to attack democrats. They couldn't care less about Hillary's health, in fact they sound like they get very happy every time Hillary sounds sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
Ms. Clinton is obviously suffering, and how shameful that the very people who claim to support her will put towing the party line before caring for her as an individual.
Fake concern
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I thought that MAYBE they're making her illness and failing health worse than it seems. Why would her own camp try to take her down and have her go along with it? Maybe there are extremely damaging emails that have been hacked or recovered and are about to be released. This way she goes out and looks a little like a poor soul who deserves at least a little pity.
Fake again

Old 09-12-2016, 08:45 AM

24,365 posts, read 22,959,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I agree about him being an economical disaster. But I also don't believe he got a totally fair shake in the primary process.

For some reason, as goofy as Biden is, I don't see him cut from the same cloth and Clinton, Obama. His policies would probably still be troublesome, but I don't see him as totally anti-American as his boss is.
>>>> Biden is an idiot and a definite goof, even a little creepy. But he's not the spineless worm Obama is and he'd probably be aghast at what has gone on behind his back. Sanders has lost much of his credibility and support when he cashed in and then cashed out so he's damaged goods. There's always Jill Stein, draft her. But then the power brokers would have a Green Party POTUS who would have THEM in her crosshairs. A Libertarian POTUS would be even more antagonistic to them.
They might just try to find a way to keep Barry for four more years. Or somehow eliminate Trump for a more agreeable GOP POTUS. Interesting times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections