Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2016, 11:35 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you kidding me. Stop sitting on your ass and get up and go. There is no excuse why you think Trump is more fit than you. And no he does not have more stamina. He is over weight. Does he go to the gym, work out, run marathons. No he does nothing but he has lots of aides to make him look good.

Well said, I'm astonished all over again every time someone tries to compare the health of a 70+ y.o. man to a 68+ y.o. woman.

For some unfathomable reason, Trumpettes desperately cling to the idea that their geezer is a "stud" prenaturally endowed some kind of special "stamina". Projection much?

NEWS FLASH: They're both older than dirt, they're both in typical health for their age and gender, voters can choose option A or option B, or go to option C, which is - guess what? - two equally old geezers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 11:38 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post

Well said, I'm astonished all over again every time someone tries to compare the health of a 70+ y.o. man to a 68+ y.o. woman.

For some unfathomable reason, Trumpettes desperately cling to the idea that their geezer is a "stud" prenaturally endowed some kind of special "stamina". Projection much?

NEWS FLASH: They're both older than dirt, they're both in typical health for their age and gender, voters can choose option A or option B, or go to option C, which is - guess what? - two equally old geezers.
The 68 y.o. woman passed out on national TV!! Let's not act like people around the same age are automatically in the same ballpark health wise. I can understand how a Clinton supporter would like that narrative, but come on...even polling indicates that people are more worried about Hillary's health.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:40 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Let's not act like people around the same age are automatically in the same ballpark health wise.
Let's not act like they're not.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:35 AM

11,778 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybear2014 View Post
I did not see her being dragged anywhere.

Two things:

Inner ear
Heat exhaustion

Having been in the medical profession for years, have you never considered heat exhaustion (which leads to heat STROKE) a medical condition. People can experience weakness and fainting with heat exhaustion . Seems obvious to me that fainting or almost fainting would cause a person to fall or almost fall

Btw, you have no idea how much experience I have in the medical field.
What I know is that you have done nothing to prove your point about heat exhaustion. We've pointed out before - she's has these instances before - Bill has said so - although frequently or rarely - he hasn't made his mind up about it yet.

Had Hillary said she felt faint - you lie them down and give them something to hydrate them. Heat exhaustion - loosen their clothing, get them hydrated - seat them or lie them down with the legs raised. Her doctor was with her so there was already concern for her health - this didn't just come on. They already knew she might need medical attention.

She was dragged into the car after she collapse - look a little closer.

As someone who just registered 9/11 and jumps directly into the Politics and Controversy forum -I think you've been here before and either have been suspended or close to it on the other acct. Or maybe a troll for Hillary so I won't be debating you further.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:41 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Here it is in it's entirety:

FDA Drug Safety Communication: FDA advises restricting fluoroquinolone antibiotic use for certain uncomplicated infections; warns about disabling side effects that can occur together

FDA updates warnings for fluoroquinolone antibiotics

Note on the last paragraph - this doesn't mean that the patient's risk of these debilitating side effects is LESS if they have serious bacterial infections such as anthrax, plague, and bacterial pneumonia - it just means that these illnesses are so serious that this medication may need to be used in spite of the risks.
When I was 62 and 98 lbs., I was given a very high dose (750 mg.) of CIPRO for food poisoning. After only two days of taking the meds, I had ringing in my ears and double vision which lasted for months. Of course, I stopped taking the CIPRO immediately after experiencing those severe symptoms.

My 35 year old SIL was given CIPRO after his vasectomy. As a precaution for infection? Why did he need something that strong?

It should be only given for extreme conditions as was mentioned, but apparently doctors are not listening.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Maybe the real problem is that there is no cap on age when someone can run for president. Both of the candidates are old. Just look at Reagan getting Alzheimer while in office. Can't we do better than this. Let's get the young candidates out there
Problem is health issues can occur at any age - my husband had a stroke at 49. A friend I know had a heart attack at 35. My son's friend had a heart condition no one knew about and died at the age of 19. Both Clinton and Trump could live for 20+ more years. With medical advancements today - people are healthier longer and live longer - I do not want to deny someone running who has a vast amt of experience and knowledge just because they are old.

The dems made a big deal about Cheney and McCain - both are living and breathing today. It's Hillary's coughing and sickness that have me worried. A President's job is long hours and lots of stress. They have to be ready to handle a situation at any moment. They don't take a 2 hr daily routine nap. We've seen the changes being President has on someone. The gray in their hair, the lines in their face, the loss of weight - all due to the pressure and stress they are under.

If Hillary is this sick now - if her reserves are down and she's this susceptible to colds ect... the job of President is not for her.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
When I was 62 and 98 lbs., I was given a very high dose (750 mg.) of CIPRO for food poisoning. After only two days of taking the meds, I had ringing in my ears and double vision which lasted for months. Of course, I stopped taking the CIPRO immediately after experiencing those severe symptoms.

My 35 year old SIL was given CIPRO after his vasectomy. As a precaution for infection? Why did he need something that strong?

It should be only given for extreme conditions as was mentioned, but apparently doctors are not listening.
Cipro is commonly given to fight infection from tooth abscesses to preventing infection after surgery. Does it have bad side effects - yes - but rarely. Look at any medicine you have or any pharmaceutical commercial. They have to list all the possible complications and side effects even if only one person in a study of thousands had that effect.

My concern is Hillary's usage of Coumadin. There are so many other blood thinners/anti - coagulants out there with less side effects. Usually a person these days is not put on Coumadin unless the other drugs have been used and the drugs aren't helping them anymore. So they are put on something stronger - but this usually takes a few years before the body no longer is getting the benefit from those drugs.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:16 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times
Someone said in another post that Hillary had a sore or ulcer on her tongue her collapse on video looked like a possible seizure her coughing fits clothing that covers her whole body on beautiful sunny days I would bet money she suffers from Lupus ...

Old 09-15-2016, 06:19 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Cipro is commonly given to fight infection from tooth abscesses to preventing infection after surgery. Does it have bad side effects - yes - but rarely. Look at any medicine you have or any pharmaceutical commercial. They have to list all the possible complications and side effects even if only one person in a study of thousands had that effect.
But - Levaquin falls into the category of only 14 percent of prescription drugs, which are so potent and so risky that they require a "black box warning" from the FDA. So it is patently disingenuous to compare them to "all prescription drugs."

Quote:
A black box warning is the strictest warning put in the labeling of prescription drugs or drug products by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) when there is reasonable evidence of an association of a serious hazard with the drug. It is basically a warning with a black box around it, hence the name. After the FDA confirms the serious risk, then depending on the severity of adverse event and in collaboration with the pharmaceutical company, a boxed warning is implemented.
https://www.walgreens.com/topic/faq/...&faqId=5400004

Very interesting article about the increasingly common adverse reactions to this drug, straight from the FDA.
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProvi ders/ucm126085.htm

Old 09-15-2016, 06:27 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Chalk up another one for CBS. What a surprise.

And their excuse? It was edited for time. Two seconds? Also, Anderson Cooper curiously omitted the same thing where Clinton inadvertently makes his wife sound like one of those fainting goats. But there it was a written transcript that was "tidied up." All of CBS, Anderson Cooper, Chris Cuomo, Andrea Mitchell, et. al. running interference for the Hillbillys...what a spectacle.

You can be sure "The Company" call went out to their buddies, er... media outlets immediately after Bill Clinton's revealing slip-up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections