Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 10:22 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Well, people can be dumb... but they can also be dumber.
Again, you would need a measure that wasn't Clinton/Trump to test that though. Two awful chocies, nothing positive to come from this disaster of an election cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 10:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Nobody deserves to be manhandled or assaulted at any public function. No attendee has the right or the authority to take matters into their own hands and physically assault someone. Never happen at a Hillary rally. Happens all too often at Trump rallies. It's one of the basket of misfits Hillary talks about.
no one can deny it happens more at Trump rallies than other similar events, but there are also many more people attending his rallies and many of them are there to insult Trump supporters. As for the misfits Clinton referred to: give me a break; someone gets pissed at a protester and that makes him a misfit?

Old 09-13-2016, 10:30 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times
Quote:
No, they apparently didn't put wax in their ears, and learned exactly what trump has been saying, and are protesting it.
Therefore, they shouldn't cry foul when they enter the event with the goal of being disruptive. Those that are in support of Trump feel equally as passionate as those that decide to protest. If I go to an Eagles game with a megaphone yelling "Eagles suck Cowboys rule" - should I be shocked if at least 1 in 70,000 decides to shut me up?

But again, why aren't Trump supporters trying disrupt Hillary's events? As a whole, do they lean more toward order, law and 1st amendmendment rights being protected?

Last edited by eddiehaskell; 09-13-2016 at 10:39 AM..

Old 09-13-2016, 10:30 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Again, you would need a measure that wasn't Clinton/Trump to test that though. Two awful chocies, nothing positive to come from this disaster of an election cycle.
Well, there is always johnson & stein, and any number of other smaller choices in the national, state, & local races. For example, will the voters of Florida bring back rubio? I would say, if they did, it would be dumber than voting in someone new. Don't you agree?

Old 09-13-2016, 10:32 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Therefore, they shouldn't cry foul when they enter the event with the goal of being disruptive. Those that are in support of Trump feel equally as passionate as those that decide to protest.

But again, why aren't Trump supporters trying disrupt Hillary's events? As a whole, do they lean more toward order, law and 1st amendmendment rights being protected?
I stand by my original assertion that they don't want to hear anyone other than trump.

Old 09-13-2016, 10:55 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,597,722 times
Living in a democracy means people have the right to protest. Living in a society in a civil way means respecting the persons with whom you disagree with. I would never harm or encorage a person who disagrees with me from being struck or harmed. Its that simple. Would not justify an action that would harm a conservative. Wont say that any justification can made for harmong a person who disagrees with me or mine in a civil way, whether they were invited or not. Should be so plain and simple.

Old 09-13-2016, 11:36 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
no one can deny it happens more at Trump rallies than other similar events, but there are also many more people attending his rallies and many of them are there to insult Trump supporters. As for the misfits Clinton referred to: give me a break; someone gets pissed at a protester and that makes him a misfit?
Anyone who physically assaults someone with punches, choking or hands to the face like that bohunk did is actually a criminal and liable to criminal assault. Much more than a passing "misfit" label.
You do not have the right to put your hands on others or do violence to others for any reason except self defense. The fact that Trump supporters are defending those actions in this thread gives a pretty accurate Thumbnail of the actions they would take if Trump gets elected. As one poster said in this thread, "Those Hillary supporters and leftys need to be controlled". Trump encourages and gives license to these sort of physical altercations.
And THAT'S! a fact

Old 09-13-2016, 11:39 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
Quote:
Well, there is always johnson & stein, and any number of other smaller choices in the national, state, & local races. For example, will the voters of Florida bring back rubio? I would say, if they did, it would be dumber than voting in someone new. Don't you agree?
I'm voting for Johnson. I won't comment on Rubio in FL since I don't live there or follow it closely enough to make an informed statement on him or anyone he is running against.

Old 09-13-2016, 11:47 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
I just heard an interview with a lady who was at that rally. She stated that the anti-Trump protestors were constantly throwing F-bombs at Trump supporters and made every effort to disrupt the rally.

The Soros paid protestors are vile people. Deplorable, as Hillary would say.

Old 09-13-2016, 11:51 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Nobody deserves to be manhandled or assaulted at any public function. No attendee has the right or the authority to take matters into their own hands and physically assault someone. Never happen at a Hillary rally. Happens all too often at Trump rallies. It's one of the basket of misfits Hillary talks about.
It doesn't happen at Hillary rallies for 3 reasons:

1) Almost nobody actually attends her rallies.

2) Trump supporters are busy earning a paycheck most of the time. And they aren't predisposed to interrupting rallies the way the Left is. They actually respect the First Amendment.

3) There are no Soros funded professional agitators that show up to interrupt Hillary 'rallies'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections